Free Tip: Understanding the Pocket and Pocket Speed

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
am I the only one not seeing a video here? Just looks blank to me.

Cleary,

Click on the videos link to the right. Click 'Hillbilly's House of Gain". You have to make a few selections from the page you show before you get to the video.

KMRUNOUT

Last edited:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie,

Thanks for the video! I liked it. I think you explain things well. Just so I understand, I am assuming that you are not advocating pocket speed all the time, but rather going over it's importance for when you DO need it? Obviously some position shots will require much more speed. I am assuming you are just stressing the importance of pocket speed as one of many speed control tools? I think I'll check out your speed control video...maybe you have already answered my question.

Thanks again...looking forward to the next one.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie,

One other question about your site and the online rentals. Can you access the rental from different computers? For example, I like to watch videos on my desktop computer with my big monitor first, then take them to the table on my laptop. Also, is there any plan to allow purchase of the video? Like on a DVD or download or something? Perhaps itunes or whatever?

Curious...I'm dying to check out the break video!

KMRUNOUT

wontonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
am I the only one not seeing a video here? Just looks blank to me.

I also had some confusion finding the video, but after some searching I found it. My personal suggestion is that you change the text font or formatting in the right where it says "Free Video Channels" because that is very similar to the text for ad banners you see on other websites and my Internet brain automatically ignores that part of the page.

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also had some confusion finding the video, but after some searching I found it. My personal suggestion is that you change the text font or formatting in the right where it says "Free Video Channels" because that is very similar to the text for ad banners you see on other websites and my Internet brain automatically ignores that part of the page.

Bingo! Same here. Looked like advertisements for sure. Didn't even bother reading what it said.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I do not understand what your analogy has to do with the situation.
Aiming at the back of the pocket rather than at its mouth is like walking toward the back of a room (i.e., through the wall) rather than toward its door. But no matter...

If you look down the rail on a tight table the center of the pocket is not the center of the mouth. It is more toward the pocket facing. If you aim toward the center of the mouth, you will drive the object ball into the rail.
By "center of the mouth" I mean the spot between the pocket points. That's always* the target, no matter where you're shooting from.

*Ironically, the exception to this is your example of looking down the rail - then the target is closer to the rail (not the facing), because of the "mirror" effect of the rail. Hitting the rail slightly can be the proper way to aim these.

pj
chgo

Mrs. Hillbilly

Registered
Working on it...

OK guys. After taking your suggestions concerning the appearance of the free videos section into consideration, I moved the channel menu out into the main body of the page. I am working on a layout right now that has images so that it cuts down on the confusion a little but it will be a day or so because of our schedule.

I hope this helps. Thanks for checking out the site and for the feedback.

Heather Bryant

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The video was very imformative, easy to understand, as you also keep it interesting to watch. Good job and I will be waiting for the next videos to come. Garett

hillbilly

Pro Player
The video was very imformative, easy to understand, as you also keep it interesting to watch. Good job and I will be waiting for the next videos to come. Garett

We should have our next free video up before vegas and pooldawg will have one up on there site next week.

Thanks for the nice review.:thumbup: