>>>> FS 2013 Barry Szamboti Tuxedo Hoppe Cue -- Perfect In Every Respect <<<<

dom_poppa

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i only have this to say, i dont own a szamboti cue.. maybe someday i will be lucky enough...

but the prices everyone see's, are the secondary market prices.. these are the prices that Barry's cues are demanding and are what people are willing to pay for them.. from what i understand, the price of a cue is lower when you get one directly from Barry.. which in itself is a hard thing to do..

Barry and his cues are top notch.. best of the best.. and right now he is only making about 12 cues a year if that..

chris

I'm not knocking Szamboti here, just talking about cue makers in general, when you are pushing out 12 cues a year, that means you are not very good. That is kind of slow don't you think?

12 cues a year, I would be expecting some monsters and not basic design. Again, just what I observe. When people say so and so makes X amount of cues a year, I think of laziness and incompetence while people think demand.

What is the difference between a guy that makes 5 perfect beautiful cues compared to the guy that makes the same one but he was slower and not docent enough? Demand?

I like to reference my "tying your shoelace" example that I use to compare so many things. I can tie my shoelace 5 times in one minute and they are perfect knots. Untie and tie, untie and tie. This other guy ties one knot in one minute. If you look at the quality of the knot, they are both great. What the heck is taking that guy so long to tie one?

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
156   1   0
ok mike , i was just saying i don't think barry's cue are worth as much as he charges for them, but since you want to make this personal like the piss ant you really are.
Not sure where you get your information from but just for the records, i work for bae systems in nashua n,h as an electrical engineer, bae systems is a military defence contract company. My salary is $68,000.00 per year. I worked at the pool hall part time and have been doing cue repairs for 30 years for the love of the game. I promise you if i wanted a barry cue i would have one. I just have better things to do with my money then stroke barry's ego by buying one of his over priced cues, the fact that you have just posted and said what you just said only proves what i said all along as long as there are guys like you that are willing to kiss barry's ass for his over priced cues,
there will be suckers like you to buy them. The fact that you tried to bring my personal business into the conversation only shows you have the mentality of a child, now run along you little piss ant.

you are 100% correct sir. Even barry has said he would not pay the secondary price his cues are selling for!

9BallKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I don't get it

What I don't get is these comments ..

Barry doesn't demand these big prices

Barry's prices are actually pretty fair and cheap to be honest and right there with all cue makers of his ability

It's the secondary market that demands these values or big prices

Those prices are driven up due to supply and demand as well as collectibility

Example : If a cue is $8500 from Barry directly it will most likely be worth $10,700 or even $12700 on the secondary market that is because that person who paid $8500 waited years and years and most people don't wanna wait so they pay. Or most people on the list won't see a cue and they know it so they pay more

The list and long list at that, on top of how many cues are made per year drives these prices sky high with cue collectors / players alike

Take the list vs a high grade makers without one like Tony and Donnie at Black Boar. They are always open to take orders when ready and it's just a they have to ok you on making you a cue. They demand the premium direct a $8-12k cue goes to the maker not no other source. Even when you buy a cue from Tony the secondary market usually treats you good on your investment to make a few hundred to a few thousand or in some cases thousands

It's all in your dreams wants likes and bank account

Beautiful cue by Barry and offered by mike GLWTS Mike
I mean do you guys like cars? Have you seen auctions or DuPont ?? The first zr1 worth 110k doesn't sell for that it's like a $1,000,000.00 but is that Chevy fault or who bought it and sold it?

Last edited:

thekaiserman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
"I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces of cue history and scratch his initial in the

Mike you make barry sound like the almighty God, Shit he is just a guy that makes pool cues, Way over priced pool cues at that, If you ask me he is just riding on the reputation of his father. $5,000 - $7,000 for a plane jane cue because it's made by him when there are so may cues out there that I'll bet hit much better for a fraction of the cost. He is sazmboti, Big deal Just another cue maker in the eyes of many. But there are a small select group of guys that will kiss his ass just to get cues from him..... Pete tascarella makes a cue with just as much history as Barry and sells them for much less. Many say they play and hit awesome. That's why Tascarella cues are as popular as they are, Not because some famous guys son makes cues like daddy did and charges way more then they are really worth. Not looking for a pissing contest here just sick of all the SUGAR COATING, ASS KISSING and B.S. that goes on here.
please tell us how you really feel

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's amazing the ignorance, stupidity, and just plain jealousy that rears it ugly head at times...

Oh yeah...

GREAT CUE BY A GREAT MAKER MIKE.... Someone's gonna get a gem.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Great cue, I know, I owned it, Mike is selling for less than I paid, lol. Great Cue maker, it plays as good as my Gus. Barry had a great teacher.Great seller, Mike is a great man. This cue should be long gone.:thumbup:

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I guess Dennis Searing, John Showman, Randy Mobley as well as Manzino and Ron Haley are all hacks as the build less than 12 a year! I find it amazing how stupid people on this forum are! Barry makes a great cue I have 3 Mike is a great guy to buy from I have bought several from him and this Szamboti is a beauty! Buy it or pass but leave these stupid comments out of his thread as it shows your ignorance! Really

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Beautiful Cue

Beautiful cue!!! And worth every penny it commands on the OPEN MARKET; which, after all, is what sets the price of every cuemaker's cues. Barry is definitely a poor capitalist for selling his cues far below what the market will bear for them. Not to mention his inefficiency by only making 12 cues a year. I guess not all guys are driven by the almighty dollar and enjoy more family time if they can afford to do so. How can anyone fault a guy for doing that? This total debate makes no sense and doesn't belong on the for sale page of this man's gorgeous cue anyway.

Ron F

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I guess the mods are just too busy with their bump clock, making sure the threads where the seller bumped in 47 hours and 58 minutes are deleted, to have the time to moderate these guys having their own value debate in Mike's For Sale thread.

Kevin

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Szamboti cue

Mike beautiful cue,I remember when gus died ,I went over to his house and meet barry there,it was an errie feeling ,no gus.Barry told me Rich,I will not send out any cues that would embarrass my dad and to this day,thats still how he makes them,the same way as his father. Gus god bless you sir,you were my best friend when it came to cues,I'll never forget the good times we had and the cues you made me. Rich aka the skunk. And mike you sell top grade cues that deserve top grade prices,from top grade cue makers.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
It's amazing the ignorance, stupidity, and just plain jealousy that rears it ugly head at times...

Oh yeah...

GREAT CUE BY A GREAT MAKER MIKE.... Someone's gonna get a gem.

You hit the nail on the head and so did the folks who expressed similar thoughts. It appears that the knuckleheads who disparaged Barry's cue making abilities and the market for his cues, and tried to hijack this thread have disappeared, hopefully never to be heard from again. Simply put, there is no place on AZ for the ignorance, stupidity and jealousy expressed in this thread. It should never be tolerated by the AZ community or mods.

Last edited:

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
This cue sold last night in an all cash deal (I have been assured that a wire transfer is in process) and has been guaranteed by one of AZ's heavy hitters, who is serious buyer of Szamboti cues and a person that I have done multiple deals with. Thanks to all the moronic bumps of this thread, which kept it on page one for most of the past weekend. I'm sure that all the exposure got the cue sold. It's not every day that I sell a cue for 5 figures.

Now that this Szamboti is gone, let's get my pristine Gus sold. You can view that listing by clicking on the link below. Thanks for looking!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=352612

Last edited:

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
This cue sold last night in an all cash deal (I have been assured that a wire transfer is in process) and has been guaranteed by one of AZ's heavy hitters, who is serious buyer of Szamboti cues and a person that I have done multiple deals with. Thanks to all the moronic bumps of this thread, which kept it on page one for most of the past weekend. I'm sure that all the exposure got the cue sold. It's not every day that I sell a cue for 5 figures.

Now that this Szamboti is gone, let's get my pristine Gus sold. You can view that listing by clicking on the link below. Thanks for looking!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=352612

Congratzzzz to the new owner,and the great seller. This cue plays as good as it looks, and it looks amazing.:thumbup: