FS: Jeff Olney - 6pt, 2 shafts

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Up for sale is a 6 point Jeff Olney in excellent condition. One shaft has never been chalked, the other shaft has seen little play. I'd say the cue is easily 95%. The long points are kingwood w/ black veneer, the short points are ebony.

• Cue weights approx. 19.3 to 19.4

• Each shaft is 3.95 to 4 oz

• Both shafts are 13mm if not more. (I don't have calipers)

• Very solid hitting, well balanced cue

• As with most Olneys, the joint is super tight

• Layered tips on both shafts, don't know brand

Cue is Sold, I will also entertain trades - I like Murrell, Jensen, Scruggs, Gilbert, blackcreek, BCM, something different??

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0768.jpg
    DSCN0768.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 651
  • DSCN0764.jpg
    DSCN0764.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 649
  • DSCN0765.jpg
    DSCN0765.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 644
  • DSCN0766.jpg
    DSCN0766.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:

DogLoop

Doing some cueing ?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very Nice Quality

Up for sale is a 6 point Jeff Olney in excellent condition. One shaft has never been chalked, the other shaft has seen little play. I'd say the cue is easily 95%. The long points are kingwood w/ black veneer, the short points are ebony.

• Cue weights approx. 19.3 to 19.4

• Each shaft is 3.95 to 4 oz

• Both shafts are 13mm if not more. (I don't have calipers)

• Very solid hitting, well balanced cue

• As with most Olneys, the joint is super tight

• Layered tips on both shafts, don't know brand

I'm Looking for $600 shipped OBO, I will also entertain trades - I like Murrell, Jensen, Scruggs, Gilbert, blackcreek, BCM, something different??

Thanks.

I recently had a chance to see this cue up close and personal; everything that I had read about fit, finish and balance from Jeff Olney's cues hold true for this one, too.

Doug,

Best of luck on the sale.

Ivan

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks Ivan,

Olney certainly makes a nice cue, I was impressed.

I recently had a chance to see this cue up close and personal; everything that I had read about fit, finish and balance from Jeff Olney's cues hold true for this one, too.

Doug,

Best of luck on the sale.

Ivan

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bump for the evening. I've had some interesting trade offers and am willing to listen to others.

Make the trade fair and you might have action. Or, make me a folding green offer and get this cue.

The perfect cue for me weighs 19.5 oz and has 12.7 mm shafts with semi long taper, but still stiff. (how picky can I get. LOL)

DogLoop

Doing some cueing ?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Maybe the Best Olney for the $$ on AZ

Doug,

I'm lookin' at the other Olney cues here on AZ and since almost no cuemaker will make a second shaft for less than 125.00, regardless of whether someone prefers points/veneers; I think yours is priced better than any other Olney on here ATM.

If I were looking for another cue, this would rate very high. That single veneer against the Kingwood looks very understated and classy (even though I would like the dark wood in the nose).

Best Regards,

Ivan

P.S.
I just picked up a shaft from one of the newer up-and-coming guys (30" 13.25mm w/ an agressive taper) and manhandled that poor little table 12 Diamond last night for hours... LOL

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks Ivan,

I think it's competatively priced to.,.,particularly if someone is looking for an Olney.

Don't be shy folks, break out those offers and trade ideas.

Regards,

Doug

Doug,

I'm lookin' at the other Olney cues here on AZ and since almost no cuemaker will make a second shaft for less than 125.00, regardless of whether someone prefers points/veneers; I think yours is priced better than any other Olney on here ATM.

If I were looking for another cue, this would rate very high. That single veneer against the Kingwood looks very understated and classy (even though I would like the dark wood in the nose).

Best Regards,

Ivan

P.S.
I just picked up a shaft from one of the newer up-and-coming guys (30" 13.25mm w/ an agressive taper) and manhandled that poor little table 12 Diamond last night for hours... LOL