Fullsplice jig for making fullsplice blanks.

wild8bill9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need an assist on finding who may sell the proper jigs/equipment to make fullsplice blanks. Local cue maker wants to start making his own blanks. Any info appreciated, Bill

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you wanting a jig to make regular full splice cues or are you also needing jigs to make full splice with veneers?
You need very little to make regular ones, but if you want to make them with veneers, good luck finding the jigs.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The topic of building full-splice cues and the methods to do so were pretty popular here a couple or three years ago. IIRC, the guys that did them invented their own jigs/methods for the most part.
Try searching.
Gary

wild8bill9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asking for Roland Becker, Becker cues out of Pierce Co. He said he has worked with you Chris before on other things. Thanks will pass along the info to him and let him get go from there. Bill

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I bought a few items from Chris that will get the job done with a bit of messing about.

I bought a full splice jig (wood) from a guy on AZ a year or two ago. It was designed to be attached to a table saw. It didn't come with instructions. But, once attached to a table saw, it looks as tho a person would be able to put a few test pieces thru it and figure it out. The person that I bought it from hadn't tried it out either and was not able to help me. I imagine that this jig will cut the butt splices for you but can't guarantee
that you will be able to cut the fore arm grooves with it with a regular table saw blade.

Chris has the taper bar that is designed to attach to a Deluxe that will cut the grooves for a person.

Like I mentioned, since the time that I bought it, I got the items from Chris and I'm pretty sure that it won't ever be attached to my one and only table saw.

I paid $75 for it. Keep in mind that shipping from Canada will be a butt kicker as the components are attached to a rather large piece of plywood.

It is a very interesting piece with a lot of doo dads on it. It was obviously used by someone at one time so it probably will do at least half the job for you.

Let me know if you're interested and I will take a few pics of it.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought a few items from Chris that will get the job done with a bit of messing about.

I bought a full splice jig (wood) from a guy on AZ a year or two ago. It was designed to be attached to a table saw. It didn't come with instructions. But, once attached to a table saw, it looks as tho a person would be able to put a few test pieces thru it and figure it out. The person that I bought it from hadn't tried it out either and was not able to help me. I imagine that this jig will cut the butt splices for you but can't guarantee
that you will be able to cut the fore arm grooves with it with a regular table saw blade.

Chris has the taper bar that is designed to attach to a Deluxe that will cut the grooves for a person.

Like I mentioned, since the time that I bought it, I got the items from Chris and I'm pretty sure that it won't ever be attached to my one and only table saw.

I paid $75 for it. Keep in mind that shipping from Canada will be a butt kicker as the components are attached to a rather large piece of plywood.

It is a very interesting piece with a lot of doo dads on it. It was obviously used by someone at one time so it probably will do at least half the job for you.

Let me know if you're interested and I will take a few pics of it.

Send me pictures of it to cueman@cuesmith.com I might be interested in it or might can tell you how I think it would work.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
There are a couple of people that send PMs. I am just leaving for a tourney in a bit.

To be fair, I told the others that I would give the op a day to respond and then it would go to who ever wanted it.

I imagine that if I post a few pics with the measurements, the pics could be downloaded, blown up and a person could probably fashion one and save the money for the jig and shipping.

It has been sitting for a couple of years so if people can make their own from pics and specs then that is fine too.

The doo dads that I mentions are adjustable. For what I have no idea. It just looks like who ever built it had a good idea of what they were doing.

Something reminded me that Joey B knew of the jig when it was sold. He hasn't been around for some time now. He was one that may have known a bit about it.

Maybe those little adjustable pieces are for fine tuning it for veneers. Chris will probably know if he looks at it.

Anyway, I will post a few pics of it on Sunday. If people ask for specific pics, angles and the measurements of the left and right hand side pieces, I will do the best I can to give accurate measurements. I am sure that people will be able to make their own from that.

If that doesn't work, I can trace the pieces on bond paper with the measurements and send them out to who would like them.

Its just that there are a few people that are interested so it would be cool if everyone had the chance to make one of their own.

Last edited:

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that was Gracio's jig originally. If so, it would be pretty cool of you to ask him before posting the specs. I say that b/c it looks like he's had a bad roll or two lately.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Here are my thoughts on it. Not trying to be rude or anything.

If someone were to mass produce a jig for profit, then it would be wrong for another person to make copies and cut the builders grass. It has been done.

I imagine that when Lee was the first person to purchase the jig, it was his intention to produce it for a profit as there were many asking for one.

Lee didn't get around to it as he promised lots of people lots of things and never came thru.

It went to Tommy and myself. No one mentioned to me what I could or shouldn't do with it once in my possession.

There has been lots of interest in the jig and I thought I would try and help some of the guys without making any profit from it.

Looking at it again after a couple of years, with that many parts on it, I don't know how I could document and pass on the info properly.

If it is your intention to purchase it and then reproduce it for a profit at a later date, then I can see why you wouldn't want me to do this.

For personal reasons and not that much, I am not a huge fan of Scott's anyway.
Its not a reason to purposely do this to cause him any harm.

It was just to do a few guys a favor if I could.

Scott was finished with the wooded jig and went on to build a better on that he also promised that he would eventually produce for sale. That never came about and it has been several years since.

Once it left his hands, it was up to the new owner as to what they wanted to do with it. If he were afraid of someone taking his idea and selling it, he would have cut it up
and not sold it.

Sorry but I don't like being told what I can and can't do with something that is in my possession. Like I mentioned, if I thought it was going to do any harm to anyone, I wouldn't have offered.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I built this jig thinking every cue maker had one. Brianna was the first person to PM me. I bet he wants it to see if he can produce and sell. That would be good for everybody.

A quote from Scott in his For Sale thread.

That would be good for everybody.

I think it would be as well. Instead of this thing going to just one person. I think everyone should be able to build one.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Here are 4 out of 8 pictures. I have a heck of a tooth ache and the pain killers are making me want to sleep more than type today. I will make a text file and document all the measurements for all the components.

This is just to give a general idea of the components.

I will take extra pictures of a tape measure up against each component to back up any info in the text file. Hopefully that will do the trick.

If you have any questions or would like additional pictures, wait until the text file is done
and I will take more pictures and any other measurements that you feel like you need.

Sorry, but there was too much interest in the jig to sell it to one person and leave everyone else out in the rain. This way, everyone gets a shot at it.

Attachments

• 20131111_154447.jpg
    20131111_154447.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 433
  • 20131111_154512.jpg
    20131111_154512.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 20131111_154527.jpg
    20131111_154527.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 426
  • 20131111_154536.jpg
    20131111_154536.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 422

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
4 more pictures. If you download these pics to your PC, it will help you to be able to flip these pics so you can see them in all directions.

This jig obviously worked well for Scott. Both side slides are a different size. Well made but quite rough actually.

If you look at the L shaped pieces at the bottom, you can see that they are adjustable (slide up and down). If you see the one pic where the removable slide is in, you can see that the L shaped piece is most likely an adjustable stop.

I wish I could tell you more on how it works but I haven't put it on a table saw.

I will take a pic of a square along side the slide. Maybe that will help show how it is supposed to work.

If you look at the last pic, you can see that it started out as one piece. After the proper angle was cut from the piece that is stationary on the mounting board, you can see that the cut off piece becomes the slide for that side.

After Chris sees this, I will have a question for him regarding the prong and the core piece. If the blade height is set proper, maybe there will be a core piece that will pop out of the prong. You will be left with both a prong and the grooved piece.

The grooved core will have a groove from the top to bottom but perhaps if the square was large enuff, the gooves that will be exposed above the prong will turn out.

That way, for instance, a person can cut a long piece of cocobolo, then cut a piece of maple. You would have one of each prong and one of each core or grooved piece which you would exchange. one maple coco sneaky and one coco maple sneaky.

I am almost sure that theory will get blown out of the water but interesting.

Attachments

• 20131111_154704.jpg
    20131111_154704.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 20131111_154715.jpg
    20131111_154715.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 20131111_154816.jpg
    20131111_154816.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 20131111_154838.jpg
    20131111_154838.jpg