Funeral expenses for Larry Nevel

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My response was to someone's comment about the cost and funerals being a scam.
I agree. People spend all that money to make themselves feel better. It does nothing for the deceased. The money could be better spent. Especially for those who can't afford it in the first place.

It is very common where I live to see poor Hispanic's on the cornor begging for money to bury family member. Sort of sad.

Or to see jars by checkout at local Hispanic market with same collection message, Money please to help busy family member.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It is very common where I live to see poor Hispanic's on the cornor begging for money to bury family member. Sort of sad.

Or to see jars by checkout at local Hispanic market with same collection message, Money please to help busy family member.
Wannabuya bridge?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you can read this you are alive.

if maggots are coming out your eyes you are dead.

that defines life and death.

middleofnowhere

Registered
if you can read this you are alive.

if maggots are coming out your eyes you are dead.

that defines life and death.
Unfortunately death is a business. My sister died a few years ago, I sat in hospice for several days I saw her take her last breath. Her request was that she be cremated and her ashes and buried with her husband.

I was there her ashes were in a box similar to a shoebox and placed into a little cement container couple of feet deep. It was more involved burying my last dog in the backyard. Cemetery charged us $3,500.

middleofnowhere

Registered
How did you guys turn this thread into this ? I guess it happens with every post . Nobody can stay on the topic . It’s not about you . Help or stay shhhhh. Respectfully .
If you look the second post in the thread was mine. We are all adults here and this is a real world subject. It can be discussed. We have all likely delt with the same thing. There is no disrespect and most have probably already given a little.

4railer

Registered
Yes that second post is very worthy. Then a human composting video that’s ridiculous and disrespectful for this situation.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
this thread is about a pool player, that i dont know if even he was a member here that posted. that died and spent his last money on vacations that were donated money to him for a dying wish instead of using that money for his family.
then his wife which no one here likely has ever seen or met comes and asks for more money to bury him.
and no one knows her financial position at all, only what is posted in a pool forum.
this thread is a go fund me campaign for a person no one here knows, and i treat it as such.

its always sad to lose a pool player and if people want to give money then do it. but all here can use the thread to talk about all the things that go along with death.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
If you're not doing cremation, which I think makes a lot of sense, you can save thousands by buying your own casket at Costco or on line...Do the service in your back yard and save a few more....Sorry, can't help with the actual burial, most localities prohibit yard burying.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you're not doing cremation, which I think makes a lot of sense, you can save thousands by buying your own casket at Costco or on line...Do the service in your back yard and save a few more....Sorry, can't help with the actual burial, most localities prohibit yard burying.

There was a guy in Genoea, NV who made casket that looking like King Tuts, you could buy it renewed. It double as light cabinate with removable insert to hold Ice Bucket, Glasses, and Booze

middleofnowhere

Registered
I doubt you could do anything like that without having a license funeral home involved. So you're still going to be into a lot of expense. Cremation is the only thing that makes any sense really for the average family. Take that money and put it towards somebody's college education.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I doubt you could do anything like that without having a license funeral home involved. So you're still going to be into a lot of expense. Cremation is the only thing that makes any sense really for the average family. Take that money and put it towards somebody's college education.
It's perfectly legal, minus the burying, but you can do that yourself in an approved location as long as you have permission.
Having owned funeral homes, casket stores, and cemetaries(60yrs they've been in the family), you can save alot of money buy avoiding buying anything from them, as mentioned, they are playing on your grief.
You can even start your own private cemetery if you want.

middleofnowhere

Registered
How did you guys turn this thread into this ? I guess it happens with every post . Nobody can stay on the topic . It’s not about you . Help or stay shhhhh. Respectfully .
You know, lets be honest. In the last two and a half months they have had around $18,000.00 donated to them. Only a month ago they were at $12,000.00 and are back for more. Where did that $12,000.000 go? This was no surprise, that money should have been for his family and the bills they knew were coming.

middleofnowhere

Registered
It's perfectly legal, minus the burying, but you can do that yourself in an approved location as long as you have permission.
Having owned funeral homes, casket stores, and cemetaries(60yrs they've been in the family), you can save alot of money buy avoiding buying anything from them, as mentioned, they are playing on your grief.
You can even start your own private cemetery if you want.
I know they did things like that years ago. I have a grave marker that I am looking at now in my bedroom. We are told that he was an old black man who worked for the family on the farm. No one seems to know where he is buried.. I am selling this property soon, the developer may find a surprise. You know, I keep the marker for good luck. It's nice to know that at least someone knows he existed. With the internet now I should make an attempt to find some family that may still exist.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You know, lets be honest. In the last two and a half months they have had around $18,000.00 donated to them. Only a month ago they were at $12,000.00 and are back for more. Where did that $12,000.000 go? This was no surprise, that money should have been for his family and the bills they knew were coming.
Do you know that it wasn't spent on end of life medical care?? That is not cheap, in fact that sum could easily be spent for a single hospital visit. Its usually in poor taste to judge people on what you think they may have done instead of on facts.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Do you know that it wasn't spent on end of life medical care?? That is not cheap, in fact that sum could easily be spent for a single hospital visit. Its usually in poor taste to judge people on what you think they may have done instead of on facts.
I don't know. First time around they collected $13,000.00 just to go have fun. That was incredibly generous by total strangers for such an unusual ask.