Funny pic/gif thread...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
mobius family.jpg

tomatoshooter

how high will a pipe be in the air if it goes around the world at the equator and you add one extra twenty feet long joint of pipe?
It would buckle and sink into the ocean, but assuming it was adequately supported the pipe would be 38.376235653033262837272097443198" high, accounting for the 1/8" gap and the sticks are 20'-1" long. I'd just call it 38 3/8", I'm not that much for precision.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It would buckle and sink into the ocean, but assuming it was adequately supported the pipe would be 38.376235653033262837272097443198" high, accounting for the 1/8" gap and the sticks are 20'-1" long. I'd just call it 38 3/8", I'm not that much for precision.

Reminds me of playing with my nephew when he was very young. He is well into genius IQ but even as a child was very literal minded. I asked him, "If there were ten birds on a wire and one decided to fly off how many birds are still on the wire?" The answer is ten of course, I didn't say any flew. After catching him on that I asked him, "OK, one flew off. Now how many are left?" The answer isn't nine. Everyone knows when one flies they all fly!

Hu

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me of playing with my nephew when he was very young. He is well into genius IQ but even as a child was very literal minded. I asked him, "If there were ten birds on a wire and one decided to fly off how many birds are still on the wire?" The answer is ten of course, I didn't say any flew. After catching him on that I asked him, "OK, one flew off. Now how many are left?" The answer isn't nine. Everyone knows when one flies they all fly!

Hu
But when one flies and the others react and follow, there is a moment when the initial one is off the wire and the others remain.
Screenshot_20220419-102912.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Looks a lot like the grave of a little girl near Zachery LA. She was supposed to have a curse put on her by a witch and would become a witch or creature of the night herself. For her parents lifetimes and some years afterwards it featured a heavy glass plate over her face so her parents could make sure she was still there! It got too much publicity after a newspaper article and the glass plate was covered up.

Another creepy graveyard is at the little red church not far up the river from New Orleans. The little church was on a height of some type and a land mark for navigation on the Mississippi until the levee system was built. The graves are above ground vaults mostly made of brick. Many are falling apart with bones in plain sight. It was like that until fairly recently, at least the nineties. Probably still is.

Hu