Funny pic/gif thread...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So you're actually sharing from a computer... or phone?
None of your stuff works for me either... I generally use Firefox... they used to work if I checked in Chrome but now that isn't even working...
Most of it works for me on IPhone
Not so much on IPad which is older...,I think Tex bought shares in FB. :)

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
5fdc7ac9c743a_55kraqjd78p41__700.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I used to hate having a quarter! I could buy a burger and fries or a burger and coke, but not all three. Cheese might have been a nickel but it seemed like they nailed me a dime for it too! The heck with them, I can go over to the dairy delight and get all the ice cream in a cone I really wanted for a nickel. Another nickel was pure gluttony for a double and I would have to share it because I couldn't eat it all anyway. Of course there were the issues of nuts and chocolate glaze, more living large! Upcharging a nickel or dime at a time they could get a cone up to fifteen or twenty cents if you had scored big like doing something for a neighbor that wanted to pay. Often they didn't offer or weren't allowed to, you helped neighbors just to be neighborly.

Lake Village Arkansas truly was heaven for a place for a youngster to live. Swim in truly beautiful Lake Chicot back then most every day once school let out then as often as not a pass by the ice cream drive inn for a nickel cone. Buying a dime cone every day was a bit more extravagant than my parents would go, that was more a once a week thing.

Hu

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have seen Red Adair and the spin-off company Boots and Coots at work. Funny thing, After watching John Wayne put out fires like that the 120 foot tall pillar of fire from a natural gas well blow out didn't look as impressive as I thought it would. I did get a chuckle about the movie making a big deal out of "poison gas wells". All gas wells are poison gas wells, that is why they often light them up on purpose like this to burn off all of the gas they can. This looks like mostly crude but always hard to tell. Can be muddy water mixed in too. One thing for sure, even with ear protection the scream of that blown well hurts your ears from that close!

I was pushing a crew when a waste pit caught on fire less than two hundred yards from the same gas well that had burned. The way the waste pit, plant, and gas well were situated we had to go towards the gas well, almost up to it, to leave! Told my men to get to their vehicles and leave immediately but don't run and get themselves hurt, if the valves installed to prevent flashback didn't work every gas well for ten miles around was going to blow. Might as well move fast but stay safe, a minute or two wasn't likely to matter!

Just noticed, there looks to be a waste pit on fire on the left side of the well in the picture opposite the men., can't be sure.

Hu

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen Red Adair and the spin-off company Boots and Coots at work. Funny thing, After watching John Wayne put out fires like that the 120 foot tall pillar of fire from a natural gas well blow out didn't look as impressive as I thought it would. I did get a chuckle about the movie making a big deal out of "poison gas wells". All gas wells are poison gas wells, that is why they often light them up on purpose like this to burn off all of the gas they can. This looks like mostly crude but always hard to tell. Can be muddy water mixed in too. One thing for sure, even with ear protection the scream of that blown well hurts your ears from that close!

I was pushing a crew when a waste pit caught on fire less than two hundred yards from the same gas well that had burned. The way the waste pit, plant, and gas well were situated we had to go towards the gas well, almost up to it, to leave! Told my men to get to their vehicles and leave immediately but don't run and get themselves hurt, if the valves installed to prevent flashback didn't work every gas well for ten miles around was going to blow. Might as well move fast but stay safe, a minute or two wasn't likely to matter!

Just noticed, there looks to be a waste pit on fire on the left side of the well in the picture opposite the men., can't be sure.

Hu
Red Adair was a frequent customer at my aunt and uncles cafe in Morgan City back in the day.