Funny pic/gif thread...

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
FB_IMG_1627407113420.jpg

Rusty in Montana

I had a big bull pine barber chair it spun my hard hat off my head I took a break for about 1/2 an hour after that ha ha
Another even larger bull pine that I was falling snapped into 3 pieces before it even hit the 3' of snow then the ground . Parts of that tree ended up over 100 yards away from the stump .
The closest hospital was over 50 miles away and my old pickup was the only one that could break trail through the deep snow drifts , spooky stuff !

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

This isn't exactly a barberchair. When the back pops loose, that is a barberchair and kills many a person behind a tree. When the front pops loose too?, I don't think it has a name! If this is the one I think it is you can't tell from this close-up but he is on a ridge to make it difficult to move also. He was lucky, even though he appears skilled and experienced too. A few hours or more of funny video on youtube to laugh at trimmers and loggers when they get in trouble. Some very funny, some scary. Some guys learning about physics and gravity.

Buying and selling small pieces of land I have taken down 50-60 good sized trees although most fatalities are from trees under sixteen inches, always a thought! I had a lot 100X400 with neighbors on both sides and a bunch of gums that were 100-125' tall. Neighbor's homes on both sides, I had their undivided attention dropping those sixteen trees! I had a four or five ton John Deere at the time and we did the job admittedly with a few barber's chairs but I was aware of the risk which goes a long ways to nullify it.

My saw has a 32" bar but these days that is just so I don't have to bend over! I could take down a five foot tree pretty easily and have to clean up a stump bigger than that but I know my limitations are greater than the saw's. In the open I will drop a three foot or a bit bigger tree, close quarters, I call in the pro's!

Hu

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That used to be called the widow maker.
A reason that you need to really pay attention and be prepared to move away as quick as possible.