Funny pic/gif thread...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
217662FD-B720-4A18-984D-D0BE1D8D91DA.jpeg

dquarasr

Registered
It’s called ‘laying the note’
when Australia went to the decimal system, bunch of wise guys from Toronto went down before they got used to it…
….they made a killing at…banks.
While going to college I worked at a convenience store/gas station. I cashiered. I was never more than a few cents off when I closed the shift, whether I was on the pump island or the in-store register.

One night a guy came in and paid with a $100 bill for an incidental purchase. He then asked for change of his $20. Then again. After three or so rounds I closed the register drawer and told him no more and sent him on his way. When I closed that night I was spot-on. No shyster ever made a fool of me.

Scrunge19

Registered
After I high school I managed a gas station for a while. Me and a buddy were working and this guy comes in and starts asking my buddy a bunch of questions about the oil (or something on that side of the store) and then this other guy comes in and bought something with a $100 and then starts asking to swap this bill for those bills, etc. It took me about 10 seconds to realize what was going on and when I was up $20 on him I closed the register and said "Have a good night". He argued with me (and now his buddy was eyeing the situation) and said I need to count the drawer I replied with "Or we could call the cops?". They left and me and my buddy enjoyed dinner on them ;) True story, lol.
Someone tried this on me as well when I worked at Dunkin’ Donuts back in high school. He went around and around a few times and I kept giving him the correct change back. He tried arguing but I just looked at him and told him that I was good with math and I know he had gotten the correct change. He just smiled and shook my head. Guess he appreciated the battle even if it didn’t end in his favor. And here I am an accountant 15 years later so I guess things end up how they should.