Silver Member
"The shot wasn't legal"
"Your aiming the wrong way"
Do you have of a caption?
pushken.jpg

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disco brought blacks and whites together and put the final nail in the racist coffin.

imho,

Jeff livingston
It was the Motown era that did it (way before my time.) See the movie about the Temptations when they went out on the road, the difference between the first time and the second time says it all.

Long live Motown and Rock, disco sucks.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brains. Humans sorted out fire and eating meat and spending less time on just surviving. That ended up with more protein, more time to work on things like painting, language development. Brains grew larger with more use and more food, and now here we are with The Kardashians and rap and needing laws to figure out what a girl or a boy is LOL. We developed a bit too much I think or starting down the slope going the other way.
I think some of us azb posters might be able this theory wrong.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It was the Motown era that did it (way before my time.) See the movie about the Temptations when they went out on the road, the difference between the first time and the second time says it all.

Before Motown...Little Richard, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, and others...love the doo-wap and the early rock. Remember fiddling with my old bedroom 5 tube radio, pulling in early rock for the first time. I was 6th, maybe 7th grade. I knew it wasn't all Perry Como and Patti Page anymore...:)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

Sort of. That was a start. Disco, otoh, brought blacks and whites to the bedrooms. to the suburbs ...to the maternity wards....to acceptance.

In the 70's, I say Archie Bunker, Roots, Disco, and one other I'm forgetting did the trick.

Jeff Livingston

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sort of. That was a start. Disco, otoh, brought blacks and whites to the bedrooms. to the suburbs ...to the maternity wards....to acceptance.

In the 70's, I say Archie Bunker, Roots, Disco, and one other I'm forgetting did the trick.

Jeff Livingston
Start? Imagine the difference in times, during the time I mentioned, America was dealing with the most racist person ever, he led the longest filibuster in US history against Civil Rights. The people dancing to Motown at the time were setting the example for those you mention, in the end we agree as to the importance of music.

Music is often enjoyed while playing pool, a stereo and pool table were the first two things in my house when I built it.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Start? Imagine the difference in times, during the time I mentioned, America was dealing with the most racist person ever, he led the longest filibuster in US history against Civil Rights. The people dancing to Motown at the time were setting the example for those you mention, in the end we agree as to the importance of music.

Music is often enjoyed while playing pool, a stereo and pool table were the first two things in my house when I built it.

Music and the rest of culture were the real drivers of society. TV, the pill, all of it.

Jeff Livingston

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brains. Humans sorted out fire and eating meat and spending less time on just surviving. That ended up with more protein, more time to work on things like painting, language development. Brains grew larger with more use and more food, and now here we are with The Kardashians and rap and needing laws to figure out what a girl or a boy is LOL. We developed a bit too much I think or starting down the slope going the other way.
How is rap in the same category as reality shows and crazy people who don't know what gender they are? I get that a lot of people don't like it, but a lot of people don't like jazz, opera, country, etc.