Silver Member
Paul McCartney/ wings album, I think?

Reminds me of something...hmmmm
Screenshot_20221008-120313.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

A man pulled into a service station I was running at the ripe old age of twelve and started airing his tire. Airing it and airing it and airing it! I told him we had a two stage compressor and he needed to stop. When he ignored me I just backed off a safe distance. When he steered out of the parking lot it sounded like a bomb went off! It had been a right front tire and the fender, inner fender, hood, that whole corner looked like he had been in a pretty hard wreck. I walked out, took a look, and walked back to see what other entertainment the afternoon might bring! Around two hundred pounds of pressure is a bit much for an automobile tire.

Hu

DeeDeeCues

A man pulled into a service station I was running at the ripe old age of twelve and started airing his tire. Airing it and airing it and airing it! I told him we had a two stage compressor and he needed to stop. When he ignored me I just backed off a safe distance. When he steered out of the parking lot it sounded like a bomb went off! It had been a right front tire and the fender, inner fender, hood, that whole corner looked like he had been in a pretty hard wreck. I walked out, took a look, and walked back to see what other entertainment the afternoon might bring! Around two hundred pounds of pressure is a bit much for an automobile tire.

Hu

And pretty irresponsible to have 200psi air available to customer use. A twenty dollar regulator would have prevented the situation. All of the factories I have installed equipment in require warnings on compressed air and additional warnings if it is over 100psi.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
And pretty irresponsible to have 200psi air available to customer use. A twenty dollar regulator would have prevented the situation. All of the factories I have installed equipment in require warnings on compressed air and additional warnings if it is over 100psi.

A lot of assumptions you make! First off, this was a full service station, that air wasn't for customer use. Second, over fifty years ago no signage required. Third, I told him that air was at two hundred pounds pressure. He said it would just leak out anyway and equalized pressure between compressor and tire.

He had no business using the air but he jumped out of the car and grabbed the hose to do as he pleased. He didn't even have an air gauge and didn't want one. There is such a thing as personal responsibility. He made a dumb ass move he had been warned against. He totaled his car. A broken windshield to go with the other damage I don't know how much more. That corner of the car went up in the air about four feet when the tire blew. To his credit, in that day's society he took personal responsibility for what he did and I never heard a word about his dumb cluck move.

There was a regulator on the compressor as well as a magnetic switch that could have been adjusted. Two hundred pounds was handy to have and safe for use by anyone that understood what they were dealing with. Hoses were taken in at night so people couldn't do dumb things like that. When they come in and take over ignoring what they are told there isn't a thing I could have done short of physical assault. Judge: "Why did you assault this man?" Me: "He was putting too much air in his tire." Naah, I ain't gonna try to make that play in a courtroom!

Speaking of air, this is about as funny as a fart in Mike Nelson's air tank, if you are Mike Nelson!

Hu