Funny pic/gif thread...

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
DrfxafI.jpg

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

I’ve never seen one, but know a guy who was bit by one. That is a scary spider. He was hospitalized for quite a long time.
I was bit by a brown recluse on the hip while shooting in the desert outside Las Vegas. Was kicking old, rusty cans and assume it ran up my pant leg until it started to get crushed.
Couldn't walk for over a month, took another month for the baseball sized divot from the necrosis to begin to heal.

Still causes pain 18 years later.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was bit by a brown recluse on the hip while shooting in the desert outside Las Vegas. Was kicking old, rusty cans and assume it ran up my pant leg until it started to get crushed.
Couldn't walk for over a month, took another month for the baseball sized divot from the necrosis to begin to heal.

That’s a lot like I recall from my friend. He was out of work for ~10 weeks IIRC.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was pulling ivy off an old brick foundation when my brown recluse got me. It was hot summer and all I was wearing was cutoff shorts and my boots with double thick cotton socks. He got me right behind my left knee. It took two months to fully heal. That was in 1981. I guess the discoloration is permanent.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I was pulling ivy off an old brick foundation when my brown recluse got me. It was hot summer and all I was wearing was cutoff shorts and my boots with double thick cotton socks. He got me right behind my left knee. It took two months to fully heal. That was in 1981. I guess the discoloration is permanent.
For the love of God, please don't ever tell us what you were wearing again. 🤮 lol