ga young kim, jeanette lee

augustine tan

pro player
Silver Member
the next wpba event,
the two of them should get on TAR and gamble
JCIN at the first recent wpba event?
Lee is a good player
Ga young kim may be a korean, she is located in Taiwan now, challenging the male players in gambling and tournaments, she is the best female player in taiwan?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
She is one of the best female players anywhere. The lines are blurring between the top male and female players. Women like Ga Young can challenge all but the very best male players. She is liable to beat anyone in a tournament match.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I believe the WPBA has a STRICT rule against any of their members gambling at the tournament site or during a tournament. Your best bet for this matchup would be the DCC, which Jeanette normally attends, but I've not seen Kim there before.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure I'll get trashed for this comment, but would this even be much of a game i n 9ball? I am sorry but to me Ga Young Kim is a far superior 9ball player! I just don't see this being much of a match, unless they played a different game. I watched Kim play in Orlando for 2 days straight, long sessions, and she is a thoroughbred! I know Jeanette is a good player, but just not the same level.

Jeremy

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, what is the book about? Is this a novel or true story about your experiences in pool?

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
I am sure I'll get trashed for this comment, but would this even be much of a game i n 9ball? I am sorry but to me Ga Young Kim is a far superior 9ball player! I just don't see this being much of a match, unless they played a different game. I watched Kim play in Orlando for 2 days straight, long sessions, and she is a thoroughbred! I know Jeanette is a good player, but just not the same level.

Jeremy

I am with you on this one. In 9Ball the break is a big factor if you can get out and she can. Her break is HUGE!! And she kicks like a donkey!!
Ahh... That Donkey...

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the next wpba event,
Lee is a good player
Ga young kim may be a korean, she is located in Taiwan now, challenging the male players in gambling and tournaments, she is the best female player in taiwan?

GYK is not going to go for this without a guarantee IMO.

It would however be a good match im sure.

As far as being the best female in Taiwan-no way. There are about 8 of them there that play around the same speed.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
the next wpba event,
Lee is a good player

Her name sounds korean. She looks korean. Wikepedia says she's from south korea..so..

anyways she's my favourite female to watch. so entertaining and cute :p xiaoting is cute too but she's too serious.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Jeremy

Ga Young is the superior 9-Ball player but if they played an All Around (pick any three games from 9-Ball, One Pocket, 14.1, Banks, Three Cushions) Jeanette just might kick her ass. :wink:

In fact I would go so far as to say if they play all five games, no women on Earth has much of a chance with Jeanette. And not too many men either. ;)

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
Ga Young is the superior 9-Ball player but if they played an All Around (pick any three games from 9-Ball, One Pocket, 14.1, Banks, Three Cushions) Jeanette just might kick her ass. :wink:

Ga Young might have her in 3C
One Pocket and 14.1 might be JL's just because it is played more in America
Banks I dunnoo..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ga Young might have her in 3C
One Pocket and 14.1 might be JL's just because it is played more in America
Banks I dunnoo..

Ga Young has NO chance in Three Cushions. As in ZERO! Unless she can average over .800.
Edited to read I still think JL is the favorite, but GY DOES have a chance.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ga Young has NO chance in Three Cushions. As in ZERO! Unless she can average over .800.

Well ill certainly take 2-1 from you if they ever play. 3C was GYK's game for 4 years before she started playing pool. I think she has to have a chance.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well ill certainly take 2-1 from you if they ever play. 3C was GYK's game for 4 years before she started playing pool. I think she has to have a chance.

So you only want 2-1? :cool:
Anytime I see you make a bet, I'm betting with you. ;)
You and Roy would make a good team. You could go on the road side betting matches! :grin:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you only want 2-1? :cool:
Anytime I see you make a bet, I'm betting with you. ;)
You and Roy would make a good team. You could go on the road side betting matches! :grin:

Hey ZERO chance you said, remember? :) I thought i was being real generous.

Anyway Roy has my number-He is the man.