ga young kim, jeanette lee

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ga Young has NO chance in Three Cushions. As in ZERO! Unless she can average over .800.
Edited to read I still think JL is the favorite, but GY DOES have a chance.

I have to disagree with you there, Jeanette is no where near a .800 average in 3C. I would rate her at no better than a .500 unless she's dramatically improved her 3C game in the last 2 years.

I do agree that Jeanette is the better all around player though.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
agree

Ga Young is the superior 9-Ball player but if they played an All Around (pick any three games from 9-Ball, One Pocket, 14.1, Banks, Three Cushions) Jeanette just might kick her ass. :wink:

In fact I would go so far as to say if they play all five games, no women on Earth has much of a chance with Jeanette. And not too many men either. ;)

i agree Jay, that's why I stated it the way I did, Jeanette is probably the best all-around female player in the world!

Jeremy

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I would take Jeanette in 3-cushion, 14.1, 1-hole, and banks. 9-ball and 10-ball I would lead toward Ga Young Kim. I don't believe they would play on TAR or anywhere it's streamed. Of course I could be wrong on the last part...again. Would be fun to watch.

In a long race (15 to 30) I might even take Jeanette in 9-ball. She seems to get in stroke more in that setting. Ga Young Kim lets too much bother her for me to put my money on her. Johnnyt

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
???????????

I would take Jeanette in 3-cushion, 14.1, 1-hole, and banks. 9-ball and 10-ball I would lead toward Ga Young Kim. I don't believe they would play on TAR or anywhere it's streamed. Of course I could be wrong on the last part...again. Would be fun to watch.

In a long race (15 to 30) I might even take Jeanette in 9-ball. She seems to get in stroke more in that setting. Ga Young Kim lets too much bother her for me to put my money on her. Johnnyt

Trust me Johnny, Ga Young is jam up for the cash! HAve watched her play a great male player in a crowded room, and she didn't buckle a bit! She's all heart, she was down the whole time, and kept firing like it was the first game!

Jeremy

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Trust me Johnny, Ga Young is jam up for the cash! HAve watched her play a great male player in a crowded room, and she didn't buckle a bit! She's all heart, she was down the whole time, and kept firing like it was the first game!

Jeremy

I know you saw her play in the room you worked in alot more than I have, but when ever she gets a bad roll or misses on TV she seems to lose it. Johnnyt

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you saw her play in the room you worked in alot more than I have, but when ever she gets a bad roll or misses on TV she seems to lose it. Johnnyt

Some people play better for the cash! some people feel boxed in by that one big set, where your mistakes are multiplied by the score in the set, and knowing your day will be over if you mess up!

Jeremy

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ga Young might have her in 3C
One Pocket and 14.1 might be JL's just because it is played more in America
Banks I dunnoo..

Ga Young is a big favorite in 3C, one pocket could be a toss up, but Jeanette should annihilate her in straight pool. It would all come down to the 9ball/10ball.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have to disagree with you there, Jeanette is no where near a .800 average in 3C. I would rate her at no better than a .500 unless she's dramatically improved her 3C game in the last 2 years.

I do agree that Jeanette is the better all around player though.

True! In tournaments her average is around .500. For money add 50%. :thumbup:
I think it would be a great match-up for TAR.

PoolGrapevine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I heard JLee avgs below 0.5 in 3c. GYK avg (before when she played more) about 0.8
GYK by far is a superior 3C player to JLee in that respcet. This info came from friends in 3C world in NYC who also familiar with JLee and they have players confirming info in koea for GYK. She was a trained billiard 3C player years before she was 9-baller.

GYK also plays good banks. she played DCC years ago and watched her go hill hill with Mccready. She made 2 back to back 2railbankes against him and Keith was laughing and in awe.

Ga Young has NO chance in Three Cushions. As in ZERO! Unless she can average over .800.
Edited to read I still think JL is the favorite, but GY DOES have a chance.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, I heard JLee avgs below 0.5 in 3c. GYK avg (before when she played more) about 0.8
GYK by far is a superior 3C player to JLee in that respcet. This info came from friends in 3C world in NYC who also familiar with JLee and they have players confirming info in koea for GYK. She was a trained billiard 3C player years before she was 9-baller.

GYK also plays good banks. she played DCC years ago and watched her go hill hill with Mccready. She made 2 back to back 2railbankes against him and Keith was laughing and in awe.

Okay, I give up. GY Kim is the greatest! EVER! But I'll still take JL if they play an All Around in all five games - 9-Ball, One Pocket, Straight Pool, Banks and Three Cushions. Let's see, Jeanette is the underdog at Three Cushions, 9-Ball and Banks so I must be crazy.

If TAR can put that one together (what a show that would be!), I will take half JL's action. And you heard it here. They could bet $1,000 at each game.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i concur

Okay, I give up. GY Kim is the greatest! EVER! But I'll still take JL if they play an All Around in all five games - 9-Ball, One Pocket, Straight Pool, Banks and Three Cushions. Let's see, Jeanette is the underdog at Three Cushions, 9-Ball and Banks so I must be crazy.

If TAR can put that one together (what a show that would be!), I will take half JL's action. And you heard it here. They could bet $1,000 at each game.
I agree Jay, if it's all around JL is the nuts! Kim is a good rotation player, with a good break for a female, but her other games aren't up to par with that caliber yet.(maybe one day soon! lol)

Jeremy