Gambling with cranksters...

MastersMaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
memikey said:
Genuinely sorry to hear of any pool player who needs such legal prescribed medication as you do in order to be able to achieve the physical movements necessary to play.

That being understood it seems you may have got the wrong end of the stick. Perhaps if you could point out a specific post (or posts) in which any contributor has expressed or even hinted at a "disdain for players that take ANY kind of pills while playing a match", then your point might be better understood.

Good Idea!

I don't want to play anyone that plays enhanced. Damned smokers calming their nerves with nicotine clearly have an edge. Likewise the guy that just sips a beer every few hours or takes an aspirin before playing. Then there are those tweakers that drink coffee and other caffeine laced products to jack them up. Worst of all are those that resort to energy drinks or a handful of supplements to help them through the contest. Some just use sugar or sweets to jack them up. No sugar or sweets allowed, no sweet gum, no gum at all because gum is claimed to have benefits for Nick Varner and others. No loading up on slow release carbs before a long match either.

If you can't do it straight and clean I don't want to play with you!! What do you mean I drink coke and chew gum? I just don't play with other people who play enhanced, it's OK if I do.

Hu

This is just one of several that I read in this thread, do you need more for me to make my point more valid?

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
ShootingArts said:
Good Idea!

I don't want to play anyone that plays enhanced. Damned smokers calming their nerves with nicotine clearly have an edge. Likewise the guy that just sips a beer every few hours or takes an aspirin before playing. Then there are those tweakers that drink coffee and other caffeine laced products to jack them up. Worst of all are those that resort to energy drinks or a handful of supplements to help them through the contest. Some just use sugar or sweets to jack them up. No sugar or sweets allowed, no sweet gum, no gum at all because gum is claimed to have benefits for Nick Varner and others. No loading up on slow release carbs before a long match either.

If you can't do it straight and clean I don't want to play with you!! What do you mean I drink coke and chew gum? I just don't play with other people who play enhanced, it's OK if I do.

Hu

Mastersmaster said:
....This is just one of several that I read in this thread, do you need more to make my point more valid?

MastersMaster.......for the clarity of other readers the above is the post from Shooting Arts that you were trying to "quote" in your own post.

Surely you would accept that this was simply a fun and slightly sarcastic way of Shooting Arts (who is a knowlegeable and amusing poster) trying to light-heartedly add a little perspective and reality to the discussion that was going on at the time and that in essence he was actually implying almost the opposite i.e that even the illegal drug habits of others are not a big concern to him regarding who he would play?

Absolutely no-one in this thread, least of all Shooting Arts in the post you quoted, is or was seriously suggesting that any legally prescribed medicines like yours is, or even should be, a drugs issue to dissuade them from playing with you. In fact the majority of posters in this thread generally express very little concern over any kind of illegal drug use by their oponents, let alone prescribed medicines such as yours. So frankly no, your original point about posters in this thread stating that they would object to playing with you whilst on your medication doesn't appear to be valid and yes I think anyone would certainly need 'more' examples in order to accept that it was. If you now read all the posts again in searching for one example I suggest that you bear in mind the type of out of context misinterpretation already made of the first example you chose. Would certainly agree that you would have been justified to be a bit miffed if anyone had posted serious views of the sort you implied.

I'd go even further and say that you'd be very hard pressed to find any pool player in any pool hall in any country who would have the slightest objection to you taking the necessary legally prescribed medicine which you describe before or while playing against them, let alone find any such objectors on this thread.

There might in the case of some legally prescribed medicines be a related problem for any future drug testing body to deal with, but that's a totally different issue for discussion if and when it ever arises.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks! I thought my post was pretty obvious

I thought my post was pretty obvious but I guess I need to spell it out to leave no doubt for some. Most of us play "enhanced" one way or the other, it all depends on a person's point of view as to what "enhanced" means. I pay attention to proper rest and diet before major events; that in itself is enhanced compared to someone who doesn't.

I don't care if someone I am playing has used a legal or even illegal substance as far as it giving them an edge. I do try to avoid playing with hardcore junkies simply because they are always toting too much baggage.

Hu

PS Thanks for the compliment!

memikey said:
MastersMaster.......for the clarity of other readers the above is the post from Shooting Arts that you were trying to "quote" in your own post.

Surely you would accept that this was simply a fun and slightly sarcastic way of Shooting Arts (who is a knowlegeable and amusing poster) trying to add a little perspective and reality to the discussion that was going on at the time and that in essence he was actually implying that even the illegal drug habits of others are not a big concern to him regarding who he would play?

Absolutely no-one in this thread, least of all Shooting Arts in the post you quoted, is or was seriously suggesting that legally prescribed medicines like yours is, or even should be, a drugs issue to dissuade them from playing with you. In fact the majority of posters generally express little concern over any kind of illegal drug use by their oponents, let alone prescribed medicines such as yours.

I'd go even further and say that you'd be very hard pressed to find any pool player in any pool hall in any country who would have the slightest objection to you taking the necessary legally prescribed medicine which you describe before or while playing against them, let alone find any on this thread.

There might in the case of some legally prescribed medicines be an issue for any future drug testing body to deal with, but that's a totally different issue.