Game changer at the DCC

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you hang it, it’s as good as making it
I heard something about this yesterday. You're not allowed to jump balls off the table playing one pocket...it's a loss of game. I was also told that the game is lost on the break if the cue ball leaves the surface...so, like, SVB won't be allowed to pop the CB on the 9ball break?

Is all this true? What's the reasoning behind these rules?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I heard something about this yesterday. You're not allowed to jump balls off the table playing one pocket...it's a loss of game. I was also told that the game is lost on the break if the cue ball leaves the surface...so, like, SVB won't be allowed to pop the CB on the 9ball break?

Speeding things up.

60780AAF-1941-4114-A94A-EDDB2912A258.png

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need some clarification on that one. Do they mean if CB is jumped off the table, and OB goes in pocket, OB counts for opponent, and its -1 for shooter? Or, do they mean if the OB actually jumps the table during a takeout attempt it counts for opponent?

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is why the world is overrun with lawyers. Nothing is black or white......it's all gray.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like what I heard about the 9 ball break might not be correct. What about following the cue ball in after the object ball...does it spot then?

Seems it's only when the ball is jumped off the table, not a shot then a scratch to take a foul.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Doesn't say loss of game and it says nothing about 9b loss of game if cb leaves table.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clearly states if you intentionally shoot and object ball off the table to stop opponent from scoring

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't have two negative scores, what happens if it happens? Further, first intentional can force player to sell out?
I like my way. Intentionals are at least minus 2 or ball in hand . Period.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't have two negative scores, what happens if it happens? Further, first intentional can force player to sell out?
I like my way. Intentionals are at least minus 2 or ball in hand . Period.
Can't put the two ball on the back for nine ball....but you can put it on the wing and then put three in the back. Would have got away with it if it wasn't for your pesky kids.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh, wutt? :D
Since wing ball often goes on the break, a player who figures out if and which wing ball goes in on the break can then put the 3 where the 2 is forbidden...making the 3 the live ball after the 1.

Now the 3 is allowed to do whatever the 2 is not allowed.

Pattern racking can be done the same way too. You can put balls in different places when you rack them, based on which one will be eliminated.

You know that people used to have to pay for this shit?!