Game changer at the DCC

tomatoshooter

If you can't have two negative scores, what happens if it happens? Further, first intentional can force player to sell out?
I like my way. Intentionals are at least minus 2 or ball in hand . Period.
If you are on a negative score and I foul you get 1 point back. instead of going from -2 vs 0 to -2 vs -1 the score would be -1 vs 0.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sure you are. When opponents ball is hanging, you jump the CB at it. OB goes in pocket. CB flies off table. Standard move in one pocket.
This is why this rule has been added. In the one pocket endgame, if a hanging ball cannot be followed in, which can happen when the cue ball is near the long rail, historically the shot was to jump the cue ball off the table while pocketing the object ball. Grady Matthews claimed he used to practice this shot. That shot is now disallowed, which is a very minor and trivial rules change.

This rule and the rule that offsets negative scores, were used at the International Open 1-pocket event in October. I like these rule changes.

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just follow the ball in. If you can't follow it in, make the cue ball go in some other pocket. I prefer the old style but I doubt I've launched the cue ball more than twice in a year. Same rule for both players.
They are removing a basic one pocket shot, I don't like that. I also don't like taking away the ball on the break, a good break deserves to be rewarded.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Ok. Why or how then is there a minus 5 loss of game limit?
One person could still foul themselves down to -5, without it being a trading of fouls with opponent. Seems very unlikely.

But the rule is there just in case as a time saver so you don’t sit around waiting for someone to crawl out of the hole.

tomatoshooter

They are removing a basic one pocket shot, I don't like that. I also don't like taking away the ball on the break, a good break deserves to be rewarded.
Yeah, I don't see the point there. If they want to speed up the game, make it a requirement to move a couple of balls past the side pockets on the break. Of course that wouldn't be the same game anymore.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One person could still foul themselves down to -5, without it being a trading of fouls with opponent. Seems very unlikely.

But the rule is there just in case as a time saver so you don’t sit around waiting for someone to crawl out of the hole.
Ok. This means if there should be a "period" of intentionals - nuthin but stack say, this could go on for some time at double zero. (?)

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also at double zero, the second player need not make a legal hit? And, if a person is out to minus 4, any subsequent foul by the other guy zeroes everything?