Hi.
I´ve been off from pool couple months and thought my game.
I know my weakest point is safety play. So practice it.. It is boring:boring2: and many times safety practice need opponent to be effective(IMO).
I did try find safety game rules but i was not satisfied from what i found.
So I decided to do my own.
I created rules and we did playtest them. Game was fun. After couple games I noticed A BIG improvement to mine and my opponent safeties.
Okay okay... rules then
- Decide how many points is needed to win. Example 15, 25 or 30 points. 20 points seem to be quite long game.
- No jump cues. For better experience and practice for kicking. Jumps are okay with full cue.
- Rack 9 ball rack and break.
- All balls that were pocketed come up to spot and below that.
- Always shoot 1-ball. After break is option of push out. like normal game.
- One tries to safety and opponent try counter it.
- Every foul your opponent makes is point for you. If he miss kick; 1 point for you. If he hit 1-ball but scratch; 1 point for you. and so on.
- After foul is NO BALL IN HAND but player who got point can give shot back to guy who committed foul. Of course after scratch and cueball off table is free ball in hand
- After every safety attempt opponent can "call shot" for attacking punishment for bad safety. If he make 1-ball or any other ball what he has to call he get one point.
- Balls get spotted and after pocketing ball he have to play again safety. If opponent "Call Shot" ball and miss it is 2 points for you. This force players to keep playstyle more defensive.
- After foul there is no option for "call shot" it is only after legal hit.
So one can get points :
1. opponent miss lowest ball
2. He hit lowest ball but scratch or ball fly off table.
3. making "Call Shot"-ball that gives 1 point
4. opponent missing "Call Shot"-ball. That gives 2 points.
So in these rules successful player need to get snookers and making kick safeties so opponent cannot score points by making lowest ball.
So it is simulating game situation nicely. One need to plan safeties also so even if he fails to hook opponent. He should have no real offensive shot. Just like normal rotation game.
(optional)Game can also be played same rules but keeping balls down and re-racking after 9-goes down last. I think it could be even better for more dynamic play but haven´t yet playtest that.
I´ve been off from pool couple months and thought my game.
I know my weakest point is safety play. So practice it.. It is boring:boring2: and many times safety practice need opponent to be effective(IMO).
I did try find safety game rules but i was not satisfied from what i found.
So I decided to do my own.
I created rules and we did playtest them. Game was fun. After couple games I noticed A BIG improvement to mine and my opponent safeties.
Okay okay... rules then
- Decide how many points is needed to win. Example 15, 25 or 30 points. 20 points seem to be quite long game.
- No jump cues. For better experience and practice for kicking. Jumps are okay with full cue.
- Rack 9 ball rack and break.
- All balls that were pocketed come up to spot and below that.
- Always shoot 1-ball. After break is option of push out. like normal game.
- One tries to safety and opponent try counter it.
- Every foul your opponent makes is point for you. If he miss kick; 1 point for you. If he hit 1-ball but scratch; 1 point for you. and so on.
- After foul is NO BALL IN HAND but player who got point can give shot back to guy who committed foul. Of course after scratch and cueball off table is free ball in hand
- After every safety attempt opponent can "call shot" for attacking punishment for bad safety. If he make 1-ball or any other ball what he has to call he get one point.
- Balls get spotted and after pocketing ball he have to play again safety. If opponent "Call Shot" ball and miss it is 2 points for you. This force players to keep playstyle more defensive.
- After foul there is no option for "call shot" it is only after legal hit.
So one can get points :
1. opponent miss lowest ball
2. He hit lowest ball but scratch or ball fly off table.
3. making "Call Shot"-ball that gives 1 point
4. opponent missing "Call Shot"-ball. That gives 2 points.
So in these rules successful player need to get snookers and making kick safeties so opponent cannot score points by making lowest ball.
So it is simulating game situation nicely. One need to plan safeties also so even if he fails to hook opponent. He should have no real offensive shot. Just like normal rotation game.
(optional)Game can also be played same rules but keeping balls down and re-racking after 9-goes down last. I think it could be even better for more dynamic play but haven´t yet playtest that.
Last edited: