Gender test for any first place over $199......

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
If Bergman threw on a cute little summer dress, chose a different identity, and grew out his hair, he'd win every female tournament there is.

What's to stop this from happening? This could have been happening for years and years and years. But it hasn't been. That I know of, no top player or anyone even close to a top player has changed their sex to make easy money. So, why hasn't it happened? The answer is obvious but apparently not to everyone.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's to stop this from happening? This could have been happening for years and years and years. But it hasn't been. That I know of, no top player or anyone even close to a top player has changed their sex to make easy money. So, why hasn't it happened? The answer is obvious but apparently not to everyone.
It's almost like men who don't have a deep-seated desire to live as a different gender think it's a bad idea to go through long-term estrogen hormone therapy or invasive, irreversible sex-change surgeries, all while risking the loss of friends and family and harassment or violence from strangers, in order to try to win women's pool tournaments.

Who would have thought? Apparently not the people posting on this thread.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I get the exploitation point and I do not disagree. I just don't think demonizing or humiliating a person, just to find out if they are biologically as they claim, is the best approach. It's a lady's tourney so let the ladies figure it out and decide what they will. That's all I am saying.

Agreed. They should be able to handle their own way which is to leave it alone.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Sure, that may be all true. But the pro women are not as good at pool as the pro men. Hence the reason for separate divisions.

Still, the numbers aren't the same. Of the amount of men who start playing pool, how many of them will be top 10 speed? 1 in a million? What about top 100? 1 in 300,000? I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass but the point is, the odds of becoming a top player, no matter how much you dedicate yourself to the game are extremely slim.

So if you forget gender and change the subject to where you're born... you have a much better chance of becoming a top level player if you're born in New York, NY than if you're born in Buford, WY. Because simply the odds are against you. So when you apply this to men vs. women, the number of women who try to become a top 10 player are much much lower than the amount of men who try. So, in the end, you'll have much more men at the top. It's all numbers.

Last edited:

PoppaSaun

Banned
Nah, the differences are very small, and distributional, i.e., tons of men have worse spatial abilities than tons of women, even if the average male scores are slightly higher than the average female score.

Not really. The closest study I've read about put men 10% faster at the test scenarios than women.

The real-world sniff test shows it to be true, also. I work as a design engineer, which requires a lot of spatial intelligence. Over 90% of my coworkers are men. That may not be because of innate intelligence, but it is definitely real, even if it is because it is cultured.

The testosterone angle certainly is likely a factor, also.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
That's been proven somewhere? Must have missed the article or research on this one. I don't care one way or the other, but is this a "fact" or one lone opinion from a pool guy on the internet ?

I don't know that there's ever been a survey. I guess you'd have to call it a pool guy's opinion
Women, as a group, have something that men, as a group, want.
I have never ever seen one willingly give that up unless they get something in exchange,
that they valu more, and they're willing to wait for it.
Men, as a group, will give almost anything to get that regardless of the cost.
Maybe overall, we know more about running backs, or engines, maybe big rigs, or tools,
women are happy to let us have that, but they know that we tend to value what they have
to the point of selling our souls to get it. Some of us have been there, done that, now we know.
It isn't until we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Women know these things. They really seem to outshine us, as a group

Except for RJ, he can move mountains with his mind, he's always been God's favorite :rolleyes:

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And you disagree with someone allowed to compete as a male if they were born female? Should we pull down the pants of every winner of every tournament, just to be sure?

If you don't think checking the winner's gender (trans or no) isn't humiliating, then I don't even know what to tell you. If someone pulls down my pants, they're gonna do more than look at it.

I think anyone can enter an open tournament, so who cares about what they have in their pants? If an open trans enters a women's tournament, I think that is wrong. I don't care nearly as much about their humiliation as some might think.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think anyone can enter an open tournament, so who cares about what they have in their pants? If an open trans enters a women's tournament, I think that is wrong. I don't care nearly as much about their humiliation as some might think.

Their mental disorder causes cravings for humiliation.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's almost like men who don't have a deep-seated desire to live as a different gender think it's a bad idea to go through long-term estrogen hormone therapy or invasive, irreversible sex-change surgeries, all while risking the loss of friends and family and harassment or violence from strangers, in order to try to win women's pool tournaments.

Who would have thought? Apparently not the people posting on this thread.

That's not really my issue. Some have stated that it's no one's business what gender some claim to be. Others say there needs to be some criteria to make it acceptable. If SVB slapped on a dress and said that now he feels like a woman, I would have a problem with him entering a women's event. Forget all the surgeries, if that person enters I'll be fine with it.

PoppaSaun

Banned
I don't know that there's ever been a survey. I guess you'd have to call it a pool guy's opinion
I have never ever seen one willingly give that up unless they get something in exchange,
Maybe overall, we know more about running backs, or engines, maybe big rigs, or tools,
women are happy to let us have that, but they know that we tend to value what they have
to the point of selling our souls to get it. Some of us have been there, done that, now we know.

Except for RJ, he can move mountains with his mind, he's always been God's favorite :rolleyes:

That's a pretty infantile view of the world.

You're say men will do anything to buy it, but women will sell it? Not sure who is painted in the worse light in your belief.

Oh, wait, you are the worst one in your belief. Thinly veiled misogyny. When you get to be a real boy, women won't scare you.

You should re-read Fight Club again, you missed the message.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Nah, the differences are very small, and distributional, i.e., tons of men have worse spatial abilities than tons of women, even if the average male scores are slightly higher than the average female score.

The only large gender differences in behavior are in sexuality (men are total sluts) and aggression, which are both linked to testosterone.

Maybe any pool-playing gender differences are related to aggression, in terms of competitiveness, rather any kind of innate skill.

I dont know what kind of women you date or know, but the women Ive met are extremely sexual - maybe its you???:thumbup:
Jason

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

What in the HELL are you talking about? Dude, you must be single, and for a long time. Don't worry, Ms. Right will come soon. Hang in there buddy !! lol

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my .02,

this is a problem that does not really exist imo, at least in any widespread manner

the concepts of things such as equality and gender rights far far exceed imo anybody potentially taking advantage of a situation in pool or elsewhere

call me a humanist, naive, or all of the above

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know what kind of women you date or know, but the women Ive met are extremely sexual - maybe its you???:thumbup:
Jason

BOOM!

Maybe it is my technique?

54e723a63b8b682ef259772ecf302c19--creepy-pick-up-lines-funny-pick.jpg

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
That's a pretty infantile view of the world.

You're say men will do anything to buy it, but women will sell it? Not sure who is painted in the worse light in your belief.

Oh, wait, you are the worst one in your belief. Thinly veiled misogyny. When you get to be a real boy, women won't scare you.

You should re-read Fight Club again, you missed the message.

You looked outside lately? Watched the news?
The world is a pretty infantile place.
I don't know that women scare me, they make me overly cautious

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Slippery slope, my friend.
Before you know it, the smaller purses will start to cry discrimination.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Notice how the OP has only made two posts in this thread. Both of them before anyone else replied.

Guess this isn't something she cares that much about.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You looked outside lately? Watched the news?
The world is a pretty infantile place.
I don't know that women scare me, they make me overly cautious

Ya just never know. In this day and age if you open a door for a woman under 40; or 50 it's like you want something. I want nut ting! They make me overly cautious too.