Gina cue

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can someone tell me how much a mid 90's 5 point Gina with Ivory butt steel joint 2 shaft ivory ferrule 's one of the shafts has never been used . Leather wrap . Mint shape just looking for a ballpark value .

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Can someone tell me how much a mid 90's 5 point Gina with Ivory butt steel joint 2 shaft ivory ferrule 's one of the shafts has never been used . Leather wrap . Mint shape just looking for a ballpark value .

Without seeing the cue, my best guess would be in the $1800-1900 range.

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
363   0   1

It is possible but doubtful that the cue has an Ivory butt.. Ernie has material that looks exactly like ivory that he uses for butts and inlays.. He rarely ever uses ivory for the butts.. I have run into this before and was amazed that it was not the real stuff..Good luck with your sale..

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
It is possible but doubtful that the cue has an Ivory butt.. Ernie has material that looks exactly like ivory that he uses for butts and inlays.. He rarely ever uses ivory for the butts.. I have run into this before and was amazed that it was not the real stuff..Good luck with your sale..

Never for inlays!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hmm

I had Ernie make 4 cues or me from (1997-98). I still have the receipts and the cue, (all mint). I paid an up charge for ivory joints, inlays and butts. One cue did not have inlays , it is like described in this post, but with an ivory joint. The others were incrementally fancier. One of these days I will learn how to use our camera.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0

Yeah, what shocker that Jimmy would have it right.

Your cue is a 17A. The last catalog Ernie offered that model in was 2007. It was a 1700 cue plus 130 for the wrap. That includes a Gina case, you have to deduct 100 if you don't have it. Your cue is probably worth that maybe minus whatever it would take to make it look like it would have new.

Subtract a little because its a soft market. Add a little because Ernie won't build "cheap" cues anymore. So that's about a push.

Like that.

Kevin

PS. The buttcap is almost for sure not ivory.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I had Ernie make 4 cues or me from (1997-98). I still have the receipts and the cue, (all mint). I paid an up charge for ivory joints, inlays and butts. One cue did not have inlays , it is like described in this post, but with an ivory joint. The others were incrementally fancier. One of these days I will learn how to use our camera.

Phil

Is that your car or is that a dream? Or both?

Kevin

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Gina 17A

Check out Recollection Cues... he has this model cue now, not that it is to be used as a guide. I think to get a cue like this today, perhaps Jim and Kevin and maybe a couple others, are the only ones who could talk Ernie into making one.

Kevin, the car is mine, a retirement gift to em from me.
BR
Phil

Last edited: