glue question

Cooler

Registered
What glue Diamond is using when they stretch the cloth on their tables?

Sorry I couldn´t find answer quick from previous threads...

And thanks in advance.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not trying to hijack the thread as I think the question has been answered but I have one about glueing as well. I haven't been able to coax a mechanic to Omaha to tighten my 7' proam pockets and put new felt on it so I'm going to give it a shot. On to the question...

When using the glue method (or any really) to put on Simonis, how much slack do I leave for the side pockets, so the cloth will stretch enough when I make the slits. I've done a few tables but never seem to leave enough slack. I've seen the video but was wondering if there was a measurement. Like the slate opening is "X" inches wide, measure out an extra inch or two or three etc. Hope this makes sense.

Dartman

Silver Member
Not trying to hijack the thread as I think the question has been answered but I have one about glueing as well. I haven't been able to coax a mechanic to Omaha to tighten my 7' proam pockets and put new felt on it so I'm going to give it a shot. On to the question...

When using the glue method (or any really) to put on Simonis, how much slack do I leave for the side pockets, so the cloth will stretch enough when I make the slits. I've done a few tables but never seem to leave enough slack. I've seen the video but was wondering if there was a measurement. Like the slate opening is "X" inches wide, measure out an extra inch or two or three etc. Hope this makes sense.

Glen posted this awhile back. The allowance for slack is just the side pockets.
I've been using 3/4" on both sides of the starting side pocket and 1/2" on the opposite side which works ok for me.
When stretching the length pull towards the corners.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen posted this awhile back. The allowance for slack is just the side pockets.
I've been using 3/4" on both sides of the starting side pocket and 1/2" on the opposite side which works ok for me.
When stretching the length pull towards the corners.

Probably a dumb question but why only 1/2" on the opposite side?

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
Probably a dumb question but why only 1/2" on the opposite side?

When you are pulling across you are getting all the slack out of the cloth, which in turn is getting slack out of the first side pocket. If you were to leave too much slack in the 2nd side pocket after the stretch across the table, it would not turn out right with bubbles possible in the pocket, and uneven stretch lines.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
glue

3M scotch weld neoprene contact adhesive 10 light yellow.
-it used to be called scotch grip
-
Rob.M

Attachments

• IMG00459.jpg
    IMG00459.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 313