Go fund me for Dr. Dave.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
A set of pair Legacy floor speakers would be a good donation. But seriously I'm using the AudioEngine pill shaped BT speaker. It blew my hairpiece off.
Legacy speakers are supposed to be amazing now. I had a pair of one of their earlier models and they were excellent, but not the top of the line. The ones I had were just like these...

Attachments

• Legacy Audio .png
    Legacy Audio .png
    497 KB · Views: 45

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Legacy speakers are supposed to be amazing now. I had a pair of one of their earlier models and they were excellent, but not the top of the line. The ones I had were just like these...
Love the grain. Put a black wrap on that… never mind

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Watching this video makes me sad. Here we have the good Dr. showing off all his cool gear. Now, sadly in the background he has his stereo. We see the Doc has been around college students far too long. No speaker stands, no shelves for his receiver. I'm not the most tech savvy so maybe someone else can help set it up. He's retired now and probably just getting those S.S. checks😂
Should we help him out?
I got a kick out of this. Thanks.

FYI, the receiver is in the cabinet, which has more speakers on top. I've had this audio equipment for 30 years. I don't see any need to replace it.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Edit: Dr. Dave what is your secret to good health? I’m going to guess that you are a runner, or cyclist? You are doing great, whatever it is.
From what Dr. Dave has told us, he is in his upper 50s, is a cycling enthusiast, and has a good metabolism. We're probably going to have to put up with him for another 40 years or so.
I'm 57.
I was a distance runner in high school and college.
I eat like a pig, but I am very physically active to burn all the calories (and I have a high metabolism). I usually eat fairly healthy, but I don't really worry about that.
Most of my exercise now comes from mountain biking (a great full-body workout, especially in Colorado, where we have lots of hills and mountains). I also road bike and gravel bike and work out some with light weights. I don't run anymore due to hamstring and knee problems.
I hope I am still posting YouTube videos for many years to come (maybe not 40, but at least 20).

PracticeChampion

Watching this video makes me sad. Here we have the good Dr. showing off all his cool gear. Now, sadly in the background he has his stereo. We see the Doc has been around college students far too long. No speaker stands, no shelves for his receiver. I'm not the most tech savvy so maybe someone else can help set it up. He's retired now and probably just getting those S.S. checks😂
Should we help him out?
Well I didn't see a old wire roll for a table or a cement block end table so I'd say he's good to go 😁

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 57.
I eat like a pig, but I am very physically active to burn all the calories (and I have a high metabolism). I usually eat fairly healthy, but I don't really worry about that.
Most of my exercise now comes from mountain biking (a great full-body workout, especially in Colorado, where we have lots of hills and mountains). I also road bike and gravel bike and work out some with light weights. I don't run anymore due to hamstring and knee problems.
I hope I am still posting YouTube videos for many years to come (maybe not 40, but at least 20).
Poudre park...1998. did ya see me there?!

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love riding a bike. Not many hills/trails where I have lived over the past 30 years (Florida, Texas), so I stuck to road bikes. But the streets around here are so darn dangerous, the I pretty much had to give that up, too (or maybe I just got smarter). Have a lot of miles in on a roller, though.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I'm 57.
Sigh, sounds like me. I love running, but my body is starting to feel it. I primarily road bike distance wise now, and keep most of my runs 7-8 miles or less. I still crank out a half ever year, but I feel like I'm in "surgery waiting to happen" territory if I push the pace or the distance too much. The great thing about the bike is you can ride it forever and not really get destroyed like you do after a long hard run. The bad thing about the bike is how long you need to ride to get a good work out.

But one of life's great pleasures is cruising down a quiet country road on a bike during a nice day. Glad I can keep doing that.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a kick out of this. Thanks.

FYI, the receiver is in the cabinet, which has more speakers on top. I've had this audio equipment for 30 years. I don't see any need to replace it.
I was just teasing. Thought it was a fun way to plug your video. I enjoy all of them.