Gold crown 3 upgrades

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideally, you'll want to find a mechanic proficient in subrail extensions and understands pocket geometry. There aren't a lot of mechanics out there who know how to properly execute. Ask lots of questions to someone you are considering and get some customer referrals. A good place to start is your local player's room and inquire who works on their tables Good luck!

freestroking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideally, you'll want to find a mechanic proficient in subrail extensions and understands pocket geometry. There aren't a lot of mechanics out there who know how to properly execute. Ask lots of questions to someone you are considering and get some customer referrals. A good place to start is your local player's room and inquire who works on their tables Good luck!
Thanks for the info

realkingcobra

Silver Member
New rails, felt, mybe Diamondizd the table, basically upgraded for best performance, willing to listen to opinions
Lots of people will take your money if you're willing to pay, the real question is do they have the skills to do the work you want done. Get pictures of work already done, and phone numbers of the customers already paid....FIRST!!

Good luck!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
New rails, felt, mybe Diamondizd the table, basically upgraded for best performance, willing to listen to opinions
Don't Diamomdize it outside of the pocket angles.
Stick to Superspeed cushions imo.
If you get it Diamomdize, it will bank way differently.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't Diamomdize it outside of the pocket angles.
Stick to Superspeed cushions imo.
If you get it Diamomdize, it will bank way differently.
If you Diamondize a GC3 correctly will it bank like a Blue Label Diamond. I’m asking because I’m buying a GC4 and want the rails extensions for 4 1/4 corners and I’m thinking about using Artimus cushions. The GC4 already banks pretty close to a blue label from what I remember.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you Diamondize a GC3 correctly will it bank like a Blue Label Diamond. I’m asking because I’m buying a GC4 and want the rails extensions for 4 1/4 corners and I’m thinking about using Artimus cushions. The GC4 already banks pretty close to a blue label from what I remember.
Diamond Blacks for the win.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Why would you want it to bank like a Blue Label ? They're boingy.
If add Artemis to GC4, it will bank like the red label with Artemis. Not the Blue Label.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If add Artemis to GC4, it will bank like the red label with Artemis. Not the Blue Label.
Red labels bank weird, no one would want that, blue is way better.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
If the underwood has excessive/recovering stapling in the pocket area, consider replacing that wood.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Isn't it more so the sub-rail angle that makes red labels bank so badly rather than the brand of cushion? I have Artemis on my GCI, it banks almost exactly like a blue label 9' table. I went with Artemis because at the time that was the cushion everyone was using, a year or 2 later after I had mine done it seems Superspeeds have become the desired cushion on modified GC's.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Isn't it more so the sub-rail angle that makes red labels bank so badly rather than the brand of cushion? I have Artemis on my GCI, it banks almost exactly like a blue label 9' table. I went with Artemis because at the time that was the cushion everyone was using, a year or 2 later after I had mine done it seems Superspeeds have become the desired cushion on modified GC's.
The red labels would bank fine with Superspeed.
They originally had Superspeed but Brunswick had a ton of problems with Superspeed when they went overseas. Diamond then went with Championhip then Artemis. The Artemis made them bank short.
Hence, the blue label as solution to that problem. But, they are still springy.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The red labels would bank fine with Superspeed.
They originally had Superspeed but Brunswick had a ton of problems with Superspeed when they went overseas. Diamond then went with Championhip then Artemis. The Artemis made them bank short.
Hence, the blue label as solution to that problem. But, they are still springy.
So when Diamond sells you an upgraded blue label top for your red label Diamond table all you are really getting is a different brand of cushions??