Got To Meet A Couple AZB'ers Today

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Went to our usual Thursday 8b practice league today after which Efren was playing a $2k challenge match with Jeremy Sossei. It was a full day of pool and entirely enjoyable. I tried to at least give a headsup and updates here on the Efren/Jeremy match which was supposed to be streamed live but while some said they could view it, everyone here on az said no they couldn't. Sorry about that guys. fyi, it was a great match and Jeremy won it 13-12, I think the entire match there may have been a combined 4 or 5 missed balls on shots that were unobstructed. High level play.

A big highlight of the day was getting to meet az members hang-the-9 and his son Alex as well as az member dnixon.

Got to play some scotch doubles before league play started with Lazar (hang-the-9 and his son Alex vs az member nine-o-nine (Mitch) and myself. Those guys played pretty sporty and it was a pleasure meeting and playing them for sure. I saw the league scoresheets afterward and it looks like they kicked a little butt during their matches. :thumbup:

dnixon had a case full of beautiful cues which always gets my attn; one was an uber-cool Paradise in superb shape. It was great to finally meet him and as a bonus I got to say hello to his lovely wife, as well.

The venue, Shooters in Southington, CT, was mobbed and became standing room only for the challenge match.

Nice to meet you guys.

It was a blast!!!

best,
brian kc
 
Last edited:
Went to our usual Thursday 8b practice league today after which Efren was playing a challenge match with Jeremy Sossei. It was a full day of pool and entirely enjoyable. I tried to at least give a headsup and updates on the Efren/Jeremy match which was supposed to be streamed live but while some said they could view it, everyone one here on az said no they couldn't. Sorry about that guys. fyi, it wqas a great match and Jeremy won it 13-12, I think the entire match there may have been a combined 4 or 5 misses on shots that were unobstructed. High level play.

A big highlight of the day was getting to meet az members hang-the-nine and his son Alex as well as az member dnixon.

Got to play some scotch doubles before leaqgue play started with Lazar (hang-the-nine and his son Alex vs az member nine-o-nine (Mitch) and myself. Those guys played pretty sporty and it was a pleasure meeting and playing them for sure. I saw the league scoresheets and it looked like they kicked a little behind during their matches. :thumbup:

dnixon had a case full of beautiful cues which always gets my attn; one was an uber-cool Paradise in superb shape. It was great to finally meet him and as a bonus I got to say hello to his lovely wife, as well.

The venue, Shooters in Southington, CT, was mobbed and became standing room only. for the challenge match.

Nice to meet you guys.

It was a blast!!!

best,
brian kc

Cool. I've met dozens of AZBers over the years and it has usually been a very positive experience.

Will you be at Snookers for the Ocean States? I will most likely attend.
 
Cool. I've met dozens of AZBers over the years and it has usually been a very positive experience.

Will you be at Snookers for the Ocean States? I will most likely attend.

I too have met several azb members.

Most of them were just as they patrayed themselves to be, especially their skill level in pool. Some good, some strong players indeed.

But, unfortunately I've met a few members that well, let's just say if they played as well as most here think, they wouldn't need 3 balls from a banger like me. Not to mention, one of them leads everyone to believe he has all kinds of gamble in him.......lol.....dude quit after 1 set for $20.

Glad you guys found some good folks as well.

Why some people feel the need to outright lie about their skill levels escapes me. Eventhough, them not putting up vids etc.. makes since now.

The above is why I rarely believe anything pool skill related unless it comes with video or references from others. And I'm usually a pretty trusting person.

I guess it's the need to be thought of a certain way........ahhh, the internet and the famous keyboard tough guys.

Rake
 
I too have met several azb members.

Most of them were just as they patrayed themselves to be, especially their skill level in pool. Some good, some strong players indeed.

But, unfortunately I've met a few members that well, let's just say if they played as well as most here think, they wouldn't need 3 balls from a banger like me. Not to mention, one of them leads everyone to believe he has all kinds of gamble in him.......lol.....dude quit after 1 set for $20.

Glad you guys found some good folks as well.

Why some people feel the need to outright lie about their skill levels escapes me. Eventhough, them not putting up vids etc.. makes since now.

The above is why I rarely believe anything pool skill related unless it comes with video or references from others. And I'm usually a pretty trusting person.

I guess it's the need to be thought of a certain way........ahhh, the internet and the famous keyboard tough guys.

Rake

That would be a great thread, why don't you start it :thumbup:
Jason
 
Cool. I've met dozens of AZBers over the years and it has usually been a very positive experience.

Will you be at Snookers for the Ocean States? I will most likely attend.

Hi Stu;

Unfortunately I will likely not be at the Ocean States event.

You are def one of the guys I'm very much looking forward to meeting. :thumbup:

One of these days.

best,
brian kc
 
Went to our usual Thursday 8b practice league today after which Efren was playing a challenge match with Jeremy Sossei. It was a full day of pool and entirely enjoyable. I tried to at least give a headsup and updates on the Efren/Jeremy match which was supposed to be streamed live but while some said they could view it, everyone one here on az said no they couldn't. Sorry about that guys. fyi, it wqas a great match and Jeremy won it 13-12, I think the entire match there may have been a combined 4 or 5 misses on shots that were unobstructed. High level play.

A big highlight of the day was getting to meet az members hang-the-nine and his son Alex as well as az member dnixon.

Got to play some scotch doubles before leaqgue play started with Lazar (hang-the-nine and his son Alex vs az member nine-o-nine (Mitch) and myself. Those guys played pretty sporty and it was a pleasure meeting and playing them for sure. I saw the league scoresheets and it looked like they kicked a little behind during their matches. :thumbup:

dnixon had a case full of beautiful cues which always gets my attn; one was an uber-cool Paradise in superb shape. It was great to finally meet him and as a bonus I got to say hello to his lovely wife, as well.

The venue, Shooters in Southington, CT, was mobbed and became standing room only. for the challenge match.

Nice to meet you guys.

It was a blast!!!

best,
brian kc

That was a great time for sure, I'm very glad we got a heads up about this match and that we were allowed to play in the league there. Was one of the most enjoyable days I have had shooting, room full or retired folks and all shooting well, don't think I ran into a single "banger" in the room. The banter between everyone was great, no one was mad at loosing and there was fun sharking all over the place. I was telling my son I wish I was older and lived closer so I could come by for this more than once LOL I think my son won all of his matches, I lost one of 5, the one I lost was pretty memorable, the other guy missed but put the cuball on the end rail, with my ball hanging in the pocket on the same rail with one of his balls an inch from mine, the 8 was on the same side opposite corner pocket. I did a table length kick and made my ball but then got hooked behind his. Had to try a 3 rail kick that missed the 8 by an inch. After the game there was an 80+ year old guy there with a Navy hat that showed me the kick and he hit the 8 ball 3 times in a row LOL

And as a bonus thanks to the Chicken I got to hold my first Balabushka cue as did my son, along with finally seeing Efren in person and getting another signature on my son's cue.

20181025_100911.jpg

20181025_142030.jpg

20181025_171127.jpg

20181025_173309.jpg

20181026_094639.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is that with pattern racking, or without?

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:
I too have met several azb members.

Most of them were just as they patrayed themselves to be, especially their skill level in pool. Some good, some strong players indeed.

But, unfortunately I've met a few members that well, let's just say if they played as well as most here think, they wouldn't need 3 balls from a banger like me. Not to mention, one of them leads everyone to believe he has all kinds of gamble in him.......lol.....dude quit after 1 set for $20.

Glad you guys found some good folks as well.

Why some people feel the need to outright lie about their skill levels escapes me. Eventhough, them not putting up vids etc.. makes since now.

The above is why I rarely believe anything pool skill related unless it comes with video or references from others. And I'm usually a pretty trusting person.

I guess it's the need to be thought of a certain way........ahhh, the internet and the famous keyboard tough guys.

Rake
 
After the game there was an 80+ year old guy there with a Navy hat that showed me the kick and he hit the 8 ball 3 times in a row LOL

And as a bonus thanks to the Chicken I got to hold my first Balabushka cue as did my son, along with finally seeing Efren in person and getting another signature on my son's cue.

hi Hang;

that "80+ year old guy with a Navy hat" was actually 91 yo New England HOF'er New York Larry Gendler. He knows things. :thumbup:

Was great to meet you and your son!

Mitch (nine-o-nine) was having difficulty posting his pic so he asked me to.

Mitch is the one on the right. :grin-square:

best,
brian kc
 

Attachments

  • Efren-Mitch.jpg
    Efren-Mitch.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 217
Does anybody know if those tables and lights came from Lake George, NY?

I think I played on them.
 
Back
Top