Grab your DROOL BUCKETS!

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Cues

skins said:
i thought i would share a few cues i have with the forum. 2 are josey's, ( "the royal tower" and "filigree" ) and the other a tascarella. make sure you have napkins to wipe the drool!

Very nice Tascarella, I love the traditional styled cues.

SCCues

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
SCCues said:
Very nice Tascarella, I love the traditional styled cues.

SCCues
Me too.
The Joseys looked too "cnc'd" to me.
Take that ring on top of the handle, the Tasca would look perfect to me.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
josey cue

Timberly said:
Sorry, I guess I should've said more... I was more or less thinking out loud. I'm a girl, we do those stupid things sometimes. :rolleyes:

I just recall reading something in a magazine about Shawn Putnam and his Joesy cue.... I don't know exactly what his cue looks like but it's got the ivory & turquois inlays. I recall the article saying that it was a gift to Shawn & that the estimated value of it was 30 to 35 thousand... I don't remember exactly. I just thought it was interesting. ;)

Like some others on here, I LOVE the old style.... my George had the mother of pearl inlays very similar to the Tasc... The Josey's are beautiful. A friend of mine bought a fancy sneaky pete from him in valley forge and I played a few games with it... I really liked the hit. But my heart is with the old style.... :cool:

i know the cue you are talking about that was made for shawn and it was not as fancy as my cue and the value was around $8,000 to 10,000. i know this cue because i designed it as well as my josey's. thx for the good words.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
cnc'd?

JoeyInCali said:
Me too.
The Joseys looked too "cnc'd" to me.
Take that ring on top of the handle, the Tasca would look perfect to me.

all cues are made from some sort of machinery from lathe, milling machine, pantograph or cnc machine. a cnc is nothing but a perfect way to execute an inlay. now i ask you, would you still like to crank your cars by hand? the facts are that most cue makers that do inlays use some kind of inlay machine like a pantograph. what is a cnc machine? it is a pantograph with a computer atached, that's it. tell thomas wayne, cgnoscenti cues, joss west, bludworth....ect, i can name them all night long, do thier cues look to cnc'd? the rest of them can't afford a good cnc machine. the last time i check'ed the highest price paid for a cue was for a one made by thomas wayne....cnc. don't hate, participate!

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Shorty said:
Love that wrap...grrrr...my Schon needs that wrap.

Shorty

So does my Blackcreek, thats just what i want! V.V.V nice Tasca btw. :)

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
iconcue said:
slow down!
ya dont wanna use'em all up on your first day! :)

if ya dont mind me asking - what kind of value would you put on the tasca? :confused:

pete's cues are becomming hard to come by and his fancy ones much harder so that being said my cue is most likley worth over $5000. how much over? whatever the maket will bare and whatever i am willing to accept..... b. szamboti's, g. szambotis....er.. um.. sorry i got lost in the moment.

T

Timberly

skins said:
i know the cue you are talking about that was made for shawn and it was not as fancy as my cue
Just got home from work and pulled out the May/June issue of IP.... I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on the above statement. ;) They're both exquisite and it doesn't appear to me that one is fancier than the other. :cool: However, if he's only got one and you've got the two.... well, you've definitely one upped him on that one. :p Happy shooting!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
cue pics

iconcue said:
mr skin?

were these pics taken outside?

no. they were taken on a rug i have in my house without a flash and daylight through the windows.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Just got home from work and pulled out the May/June issue of IP.... I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on the above statement. ;) They're both exquisite and it doesn't appear to me that one is fancier than the other. :cool: However, if he's only got one and you've got the two.... well, you've definitely one upped him on that one. :p Happy shooting!

look very closley at my cue. if you don't build cues you would not now the difference when it comes to inlaying a cue. the inlay's in the royal tower took much more design time and prep work to inlay without breaking parts than shawn's cue. i should know as i was the one who designed both cues and priced shawn's also. not only did shawn's cue take 1/10 the time to design but also took the same difference to prep and inlay. if you think not call keith and ask him and tell him tim said this. he will agree. but anyway i take this post as a positive for the hard work i've been doing for keith for 6 years. i'm glad you like both cues. buy more josey cues!

T

Timberly

skins said:
i take this post as a positive for the hard work i've been doing for keith for 6 years. i'm glad you like both cues. buy more josey cues!
It was definitely a positive. I know it might've sounded like I was busting your chops but I promise that I wasn't. That's the one of the bad things about computers...can't hear the tone of voice. :rolleyes:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
iconcue said:
. . . good job!

thanks. the pics were "web optimized" so that they could downloded to this site. the actual pics are about 500k and are much cleaner.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Timberly said:
It was definitely a positive. I know it might've sounded like I was busting your chops but I promise that I wasn't. That's the one of the bad things about computers...can't hear the tone of voice. :rolleyes:

no problem at all. my chops are cool!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
josey cues

iconcue said:
skins

you do design work for josey cues? all of them?
do you do the design in a cad software?
you need to take pics for his site!
his site recently went down for domain renewal and i tried emailing to notify him but couldnt get it to go thru. seems to be back up now though.

jeff

yes. i've designed all of keiths cues since 1999. i do all the designs and all of the machine code with cad/cam. i agree that keiths site could use a bit nicer look. i have talked to him about that and it is in the works. i would love to take the pics of the cues but i'm 800 miles away and it would be hard for keith to send me the cues to photo. guess what i should do is fly out there for a week and gitr-done! that's if he can get some of the previous cues back for short time and that could be hard for josey cue owners to part their josey's for a while. keith is going to be breaking out his splicing machinery to do some very limited one of a kind traditional cues that i will photo for the site. i know where your comming from though and your thoughs are well noted. by the way that 8 point tasca you have is the nuts!! i would like to see this cue with all of the inlays in pearl/ablone and silver.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
catscradle said:
Well, to jump on the band wagon the Tasca is absolute the nuts!

The Joseys are way to busy for my taste, but thanks for sharing.

What Albert said. Him is a smart guys ;)

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
iconcue said:
that sounds cool! when's he doing that?

not sure your posting about my cue? gotta an 8 pt but it aint got no mop or aba?

jeff

what i was saying was it would be nice to se a version of your cue where the "ivory" inlays in the cue were made of mop/abolone and silver. as for keith as soon as he comes back from this next cue show he and i will start preping for these cues. they will all be gems. should be fun making these. i'll let ya'll know when stuff is started

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
not sure your posting about my cue? gotta an 8 pt but it aint got no mop or aba?

jeff

I THINK HE MEANT THAT HE WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE LIKE YOURS BUT WITH M.O.P OR ABALONE

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Damn! My mind was clear of cue indecisiveness because I had decided that Kerry Zylr would be the man to make my from-here-on-out playing cue, then I see that Tascarella. I really like Tascarella's classic four-pointer look.

Where does Pete Tascarella live? What is the wait time for one of his beauties?

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
LC3 said:
Damn! My mind was clear of cue indecisiveness because I had decided that Kerry Zylr would be the man to make my from-here-on-out playing cue, then I see that Tascarella. I really like Tascarella's classic four-pointer look.

Where does Pete Tascarella live? What is the wait time for one of his beauties?

PETE IS FROM NY. I HAVE HEARD ANYWHERE FROM 2 YEARS TO 4 YEARS FOR A WAIT TIME. I HAVE ALSO HEARD HE'S NOT DOING NEW ORDERS. I CAN'T GIVE YOU A DEFINITE ANSWER BUT THOSE ARE THE DIFFERENT THINGS I'VE HEARD. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN A CLASSIC FOUR POINT I MAY KNOW SOMEBODY WHO HAS ONE OR TWO.