Grady Needs Our Support

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As most already know, Grady Mathews is battling lung cancer. He is in a long term care facility in Lexington, SC. As you all know Grady is a competitor and he is fighting this with all he's got. He has completed two sessions of chemo and has one or two more before they can give him a long term diagnosis.

I have been up twice and will be going back the end of the month. He is on Medicare but if you know anyhting about medicare you know it does not pay 100% of everything.

We have helped in the past to raise funds when a fellow pool player needed some assistance. I am asking for your help for Grady because if there has every been anyone that has done everything in his power to promote the sport of pool it's him.

If you can send any amount it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to: GRADY MATHEWS, 850C SOUTH LAKE DR., LEXINGTON, SC 29072.
If you would like to help using PayPal, I will accept the payment to my account and then write Grady a check. I will absorb the paypal fees so he will get the full amount of your support. use my email - ricksgp@gulftel.com - at PayPal. Please make a note in the comments section that it is for Grady Mathews.

Grady will greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks in advance, Pel

Purdman

Banned
Thanks Pel, I will keep Grady in my prayers.
Don

As most already know, Grady Mathews is battling lung cancer. He is in a long term care facility in Lexington, SC. As you all know Grady is a competitor and he is fighting this with all he's got. He has completed two sessions of chemo and has one or two more before they can give him a long term diagnosis.

I have been up twice and will be going back the end of the month. He is on Medicare but if you know anyhting about medicare you know it does not pay 100% of everything.

We have helped in the past to raise funds when a fellow pool player needed some assistance. I am asking for your help for Grady because if there has every been anyone that has done everything in his power to promote the sport of pool it's him.

If you can send any amount it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to: GRADY MATHEWS, 850C SOUTH LAKE DR., LEXINGTON, SC 29072.
If you would like to help using PayPal, I will accept the payment to my account and then write Grady a check. I will absorb the paypal fees so he will get the full amount of your support. use my email - ricksgp@gulftel.com - at PayPal. Please make a note in the comments section that it is for Grady Mathews.

Grady will greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks in advance, Pel

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Why not just pay Grady directly? Does he not have his own Paypal? Anyone know?

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not just pay Grady directly? Does he not have his own Paypal? Anyone know?

I just called Grady. He said he used to have a PayPal account but closed it. Let me get with them and see what we can do to reactivate it.

Thanks, Pel

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rick,

I will trust that money sent to you via paypal will get to Grady. It's a nice thing for you do do. It's not much but it's something.

Added: Paypal said the money went to Rick's Pawn Shop (just for your info). Also if you send it as a personal gift there would be no paypal fees unless you insist on using a credit card.

Dave

Last edited:

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick,

I will trust that money sent to you via paypal will get to Grady. It's a nice thing for you do do. It's not much but it's something.

Added: Paypal said the money went to Rick's Pawn Shop (just for your info). Also if you send it as a personal gift there would be no paypal fees unless you insist on using a credit card.

Dave

Many thanks Dave. Yes that is my business account and I assure you Grady will get every cent you posted for him. I will take him a check when I go up on the 30th for whatever funds have been donated.

Many thanks for your help, Pel

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rick is a good guy and big supporter of Grady and pool, you guys need have no worries about sending him money, it will go to Grady. Thanks for all that you have done for Grady, he is lucky to have you as a friend. :smile:

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick is a good guy and big supporter of Grady and pool, you guys need have no worries about sending him money, it will go to Grady. Thanks for all that you have done for Grady, he is lucky to have you as a friend. :smile:

Thank you Lenny. I can understand that folks don't know me from Adam's housecat. I will see if we can get Grady's account reopened or just set up a new one.

Later my friend, Pel

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's great that you are doing this Pel!

I have about five Grady Mathews One Pocket HOF posters that have been personally signed by Grady. Anyone who donates $200 toward Grady I will send them one of these signed posters. They are 12" x 18" -- this is what the poster looks like (except these are signed by Grady). Grady was the first player enshrined into the One Pocket HOF -- he stands alone in terms of being a player, promoter and educator when it comes to One Pocket. Get well Grady!!

attachment.php

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick,

Dave

Got the email notice from PayPal Dave. Thanks again.

As I said. Grady does have medicare but it does not pay 100%. I am on medicare myself but I have a supplemental policy to cover what it doesn't pay, Grady does not have a policy like this so he is responsible for the difference.

Past an old man's bedtime, later, Pel

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's great that you are doing this Pel!

I have about five Grady Mathews One Pocket HOF posters that have been personally signed by Grady. Anyone who donates $200 toward Grady I will send them one of these signed posters. They are 12" x 18" -- this is what the poster looks like (except these are signed by Grady). Grady was the first player enshrined into the One Pocket HOF -- he stands alone in terms of being a player, promoter and educator when it comes to One Pocket. Get well Grady!!

attachment.php

That is fantastic Steve. I have one of the posters he signed to me and it is a very nice addition to anyone's personal pool room.

Grady is really going to appreciate the help and support y'all are giving.

Steve, why not have folks send you the money on this deal so you can get the address and all for them to get their poster.

night night, Pel

maxeberle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick, thank you for doing this.

Do you have any idea how much Grady needs in addition to the Medicare?

With a goal it might happen bigger and faster, just a thought.

I had no idea about Grady's condition, I'm pulling for him as I've always been a HUGE fan and honored to call him a good friend.

I'm pulling for you Grady!

Max

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is fantastic Steve. I have one of the posters he signed to me and it is a very nice addition to anyone's personal pool room.

Grady is really going to appreciate the help and support y'all are giving.

Steve, why not have folks send you the money on this deal so you can get the address and all for them to get their poster.

night night, Pel
No need to send the money to me. I will send a signed poster to anyone who donates 200 or more toward Grady no matter how they donate the money to Grady -- as long as I am satisfied the money went to Grady. I have five of these posters available, each signed by Grady a few years ago.

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick, thank you for doing this.

Do you have any idea how much Grady needs in addition to the Medicare?

With a goal it might happen bigger and faster, just a thought.

I had no idea about Grady's condition, I'm pulling for him as I've always been a HUGE fan and honored to call him a good friend.

I'm pulling for you Grady!

Max

Good morning Max, I will ask Grady more about his financial situation next weekend. I know he said he was going to have some hospital costs but what else I am not aware of.

Many thanks, Pel (Rick)

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spoke with Grady and he is in very good spirits after the second round of chemo. He has a break now until Nov 7th. His voice is a tad stronger but still weak. We are both hoping he will be strong enough for me to take him to the DCC in January if just for the Hall of Fame Dinner.
Later, Pel