Great Southern Billiard Tour Results!!!

coop19772002

The GSBT
Silver Member
The results are in..... The winner of The Carolina Cup III is Jeff Abernathy. He beat Earl Strickland in the finals. He was the only undefeated player all weekend. He played real solid pool all weekend- our congratulations go out to him. We had a great tourney at Sporty's this weekend. The results are as follows:

1st Jeff Abernathy
2nd Earl Strickland
3rd Larry Nevel
4th Marcus Pendley
5/6 Sparky Ferrell
Danny Turner
7/8 Jeff Pruitt
Dale Phillips

I apologize for not posting this weekend. The network at Sporty's was not working or something. I tried numerous times and have always had good connections but for some reason this weekend it was down. So...... sorry for no play by plays or good stories.

Our next stop is @ The Shady Lady in Goose Creek, SC. If you are anywhere around next weekend you should try to make it. The Hurricane Open is in honor of Tony Elin. Top players that will be attendance are Shannon Daulton, Johnny Archer, Nick Varner, Steve Moore, Larry Nevel, & Gabe Owen. They are also doing a live remote and newscast at this event. We are opening this tourney up to 128 players. There will be a mini tournament Friday night @ 8 pm. So come join us for another great stop on THE GREAT SOUTHERN BILLIARD TOUR!!!


Until then.......:)

SD & Marge
 
Thanks for the update. Great to see Jeff Abernathy score the almighty win, and how about Earl Strickland coming in second. I'll bet the place was jumping with excitement. What a cool tournament! :)

Marge, tell Shannon to contact Mike Johnson in Baton Rouge. I think he spoke to him recently, but there may be some further information he would like to share with Shannon, especially since Shannon is a bar box table wonder! ;)

JAM
 
Charleston Tournament

I'm looking forward to the tournament and i'm going to enter and make a donation to the pro players since i'm sure i'll be 2 and out. I don't get many chances to play in a tournament with talent like this and I'm looking forward to it.
 
SCCues said:
I'm looking forward to the tournament and i'm going to enter and make a donation to the pro players since i'm sure i'll be 2 and out. I don't get many chances to play in a tournament with talent like this and I'm looking forward to it.

You will get your money's worth and more. When you play one of the champions, play like you're there to cremate them and let that stroke out and play while breathing fire.

I love the name of the pool hall - The Shady Lady.

Some greenies for stepping up to the plate.
JoeyA
 
coop19772002 said:
The results are in..... The winner of The Carolina Cup III is Jeff Abernathy. He beat Earl Strickland in the finals. He was the only undefeated player all weekend. He played real solid pool all weekend- our congratulations go out to him. We had a great tourney at Sporty's this weekend. The results are as follows:

1st Jeff Abernathy
2nd Earl Strickland
3rd Larry Nevel
4th Marcus Pendley
5/6 Sparky Ferrell
Danny Turner
7/8 Jeff Pruitt
Dale Phillips

I apologize for not posting this weekend. The network at Sporty's was not working or something. I tried numerous times and have always had good connections but for some reason this weekend it was down. So...... sorry for no play by plays or good stories.

Our next stop is @ The Shady Lady in Goose Creek, SC. If you are anywhere around next weekend you should try to make it. The Hurricane Open is in honor of Tony Elin. Top players that will be attendance are Shannon Daulton, Johnny Archer, Nick Varner, Steve Moore, Larry Nevel, & Gabe Owen. They are also doing a live remote and newscast at this event. We are opening this tourney up to 128 players. There will be a mini tournament Friday night @ 8 pm. So come join us for another great stop on THE GREAT SOUTHERN BILLIARD TOUR!!!


Until then.......:)

SD & Marge
What happened to Tony Ellin? He was a great player with a killer break.
 
When will this tour be coming through Memphis, TN :(

Wish I had a tournament to go to closer than Louisville to watch some pros duke it out :(
 
belmicah said:
What happened to Tony Ellin? He was a great player with a killer break.
Tragically, he is no longer with us. He was in an auto accident about 10 years ago.:(
 
coop19772002 said:
I apologize for not posting this weekend. The network at Sporty's was not working or something. I tried numerous times and have always had good connections but for some reason this weekend it was down. So...... sorry for no play by plays or good stories.

Our next stop is @ The Shady Lady in Goose Creek, SC. If you are anywhere around next weekend you should try to make it. The Hurricane Open is in honor of Tony Elin. Top players that will be attendance are Shannon Daulton, Johnny Archer, Nick Varner, Steve Moore, Larry Nevel, & Gabe Owen. They are also doing a live remote and newscast at this event. We are opening this tourney up to 128 players. There will be a mini tournament Friday night @ 8 pm. So come join us for another great stop on THE GREAT SOUTHERN BILLIARD TOUR!!!


Until then.......:)

SD & Marge
I figured you were just plain lazy.:D

I hope you have a great turnout next weekend and I think it is great to pay tribute to Tony. If I lived about 5 hours closer I would love to attend.

Good luck,
D
 
Lee Tolbert said:
Here are a few pics from the Tournament....

earl.jpg


sammy.jpg


larry.jpg


Does anyone know the name of the guy in the second photo? I've heard he was the most feared player in Detroit at one time.

Looks like Sammy Jones.
 
Yokel said:
When will this tour be coming through Memphis, TN :(

Wish I had a tournament to go to closer than Louisville to watch some pros duke it out :(


Not too soon. I hate to say that but you are just so far away. Right now we aren't ready to expand the tour but maybe in a few years we will branch out. Sorry - follow the forum this weekend - I will have a thread and will try to keep everyone up to date- pray for a good internet connection.:)
 
Ktown D said:
I figured you were just plain lazy.:D

I hope you have a great turnout next weekend and I think it is great to pay tribute to Tony. If I lived about 5 hours closer I would love to attend.

Good luck,
D

Hey D- I know you would be there w/ bells on. It's going to be a great tournament. Earl is even coming to a bar table event. WOW!! But we are excited to see him playing and playing good at that. He will def. be a threat this weekend in Goose Creek, SC. I will def. keep the inquiring minds up to date- they may do brackets not sure yet haven't talked to Mike. We'll see if not sometimes it's easier just to post here in the forums. Sometime tomorrow night I will start a thread- Until then..... Take care and thanks.:)
 
coop19772002 said:
Not too soon. I hate to say that but you are just so far away. Right now we aren't ready to expand the tour but maybe in a few years we will branch out. Sorry - follow the forum this weekend - I will have a thread and will try to keep everyone up to date- pray for a good internet connection.:)


Shannon,

I sent you an e-mail.

Terry
 
Back
Top