Greatest JUMP SHOTS of All Time in Pro Pool Tournament Matches

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Understatement of the year. Suggest putting him on Ignore like the rest of us have.

the J word is now more offensive than the N word.

Both N words.

Is this how it happened in the 40s.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fully expected to see the player trapped on 2 fouls jump the cue ball down the top of the cushion to just before the sidepocket to avoid 3 fouls loss of game.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if you guys stopped glorifying the jumpshot
and instead showed all the idiots butchering attempts maybe we could see those abominations cease.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fully expected to see the player trapped on 2 fouls jump the cue ball down the top of the cushion to just before the sidepocket to avoid 3 fouls loss of game.
I considered including that classic 3-foul-rule escape, but I already have it in other compilation videos on the great shots resource page. Also, that jump shot wasn’t really very special, IMO.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
And if you guys stopped glorifying the jumpshot

The jump shot is an important and exciting element of modern pool, and it is here to stay. Those who don’t like it should learn the important skill of jumping and learn to play better safeties, IMO.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Best jump shot I can ever recall is Aloysius Yapp's jump draw in the 2022 Michigan Open. It was in either the semis or the final, I just can't remember. In my year in review write up, I called it the second best shot of 2022.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Best jump shot I can recall is Aloysius Yapp's jump draw in the 2022 Michigan Open. It was in either the semis or the final, I just can't remember. In my year in review write up, I called it the second best shot of 2022.

It’s at the 2:41 point in my video. I assume that’s the one you are talking about.

smiling_Hans

demonstrating the the Jumps shot is a legitimate shot and will stay forever.
And why American players can’t kick worth shit. Also they are too reliant on jumping. Most guys have a jump cue now. When I first started playing in the 90’s you rarely see a guy use it.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that shows the greatest jump shots ever executed in pro pool tournaments, presented in the following categories of increasing level of impressiveness: combo/caroms/kiss, kick/bank, draw, shot sequence, OB jump, totally amazing, interesting or fluke. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
0:15 - Combo/Carom/Kiss
1:24 - Kick/Bank
2:13 - Draw
3:15 - Shot Sequence
---- 4:16 - Chao Fong-Pang
---- 5:33 - Eklent Kaci
---- 6:16 - Jayson Shaw
7:33 - OB Jump
8:24 - Totally Amazing
9:32 - Interesting or Fluke
11:12 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

Looks like greatest jump shots you could find on You Tube after browsing a few videos.
May or may not be the “greatest of all time”.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like greatest jump shots you could find on You Tube after browsing a few videos.
May or may not be the “greatest of all time”.

They are the best I have seen in 20 years of saving links to video clips I have seen myself or shared by others on AZB, Facebook, and YouTube. If you or others know of other jump shots worthy of being in the video, please share video links.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
… better than the other jumps in the video?!
I'd call Chohan's jump two rail kick, which I'd never seen before this video, to be easily on a par with this one. Those are my top two.

Nice video with a lot of good memories, Dave.

Let it be noted that America's greatest ever jumper may well have been a fellow named Shawn Putnam, a runner-up in the Derby City 9-ball about ten years ago, but footage of his play is hard to find. Also, for what it's worth, the best jumpers I've seen in my years around the game are Fedor Gorst, Albin Ouschan, Ko Pin Yi, and Jayson Shaw. For full cue jumps, give me Earl Strickland and Sammy Jones.

Last edited: