Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Three comments ...

1. Why is it so blurry?
2. Why are there two of the same pic?
3. Tell me about the lever action rifle.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three comments ...

1. Why is it so blurry?
2. Why are there two of the same pic?
3. Tell me about the lever action rifle.

I don't know why it came out blurry , and for some reason when I try to take out one pic both are gone ,,

It's a winchester 94 32 special pre 64

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 37mm flare gun to distract the bad guys (and call the Coast Guard) while I load my black powder pistol.
P1090146.JPG

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I don't know why it came out blurry , and for some reason when I try to take out one pic both are gone ,

On the newer cameras, if you hold the button down half way it takes a second or so to focus, then push it. If it was from a phone, you need a new phone. I have an old Winchester too in .38-40, love it.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
speaking of guns, cues, & knives.... tonight, at Break Time - we had 8-9 AZBers with SJM - and suffice it to say, that (some) weapons were drawn & 911 was almost called.

(it's what we do) :cool:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
downloadfile.jpg

Waiting on a Dark Widow Night Vision device to show up. You use your own optic and supposedly gives you GEN3+ out to 500 yds. I tested it in a dark room and I was reading a magazine in zero light. Not sure why I need it, but F-it.... never know when you need to kill sh1t in zero light environments.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
downloadfile.jpg

Waiting on a Dark Widow Night Vision device to show up. You use your own optic and supposedly gives you GEN3+ out to 500 yds. I tested it in a dark room and I was reading a magazine in zero light. Not sure why I need it, but F-it.... never know when you need to kill sh1t in zero light environments.

i almost called you - seriously.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

IMG_59421.JPG

I bought the following in a very raw kit form. The wheels were splintered in areas, and the flat metal work had been gouged severely when the fabricator did his pre shipping assembly using a crude box wrench. It's sat in my closet for nearly 6 years or so. Now with the birth of what will likely be our one and only grandchild, I decided to finish it as a keepsake for my daughter and 9 month old grandson.

Seeing now that it came with Amish utility wheels, and the obligatory kitchen cabinet door pull handles, I've seen fit to polish all the brightwork on a hi speed buffer; replacing all the original nuts, bolt, washers, etc. with polished stainless steel and solid brass. The gouging on the flat metal work took literally months to finish to a flat mirror finish. Working with what available light I had, I found it almost impossible to render photos that show this brilliance; but I know it's there, and that's what counts.

I'll attach an engraved brass plaque between the cheeks. At some point I may add lock chains, correct wheels, and proper implements as well as reverting it back to all black hardware, but I think I'm kidding myself. I don't have any real fabrication skills, and frankly I think it just pops the way it is. The ultimate unsolicited compliment came when my wife and daughter actually said it was gorgeous. If you're married, you know the significance of such a rating.

It'll most likely reside it's entire life as a fireplace ornament without ever being fired. I'm now the proud owner of a thunder mug from the Good Doctor Brown which I'll use for such momentous historic events as New Year's Eve and my grandson's first birthday.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received this Thunder Mug. It's 51 pounds of 1045 steel. I'll use this for blank loads only. Once something like this is fired, it immediately draws a crowd, so I had it made with a standard of safety that most knowledgeable BP guys share. The one inch bore is totally surrounded by twice the steel of two inch walls, and also the area below the bore.

When Spring comes, I'll paint it with Chevrolet Orange/Red engine enamel to make it look like a huge firecracker for the local kiddies.

Here's one in action with 4 oz. of Fg black powder using common baking flour as wadding.

This is awesome. Turn up your volume...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4uGC-I6ASU

DSC_0062-0012.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4uGC-I6ASU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the 1/3rd scale 6 pounder's little brother in 1/4th scale firing a golf ball at night.

C. 500 grains of Fg...

wm_657566.jpg

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have a softspot for M1 Garands. Until New York City decided to enforce their gun laws in 2013, I used to own a DCM Garand, 1945, and Anniston depot rebuild.

Did you look up the serial in Scott Duffy?

Birthdate of Feb 1944

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
I've done a lot of research since I received the rifle. I wanted to find out as much history as I could about it. Duff's site was very helpful.

It's actually a March of 44' origin 2.7m. It was rebuilt in 52' by Springfield and sent to Korea. It had some more updating again at some point with a 63' barrel and repark. I think that was done when the rifle came back to the US. Receiver, bolt and gas cyl are original.

You know what a battle rifle is after you've held a Garand.

Attachments

• 87345small.jpg
    87345small.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 756

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
My meager collection...

Browning Hi Power 9mm (Belgian, circa 1977); Smith and Wesson M10-5 .38 Special “Detroit Police” (Ivory grips); Smith and Wesson M15-3, .38 Special; Smith and Wesson “Victory”, .38 S&W; Colt Police Positive Special, 1st Issue, .32/20 (this one is a HOOT to fire!)

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Smith and Wesson M&P, .38 Special; Smith and Wesson M29-3, .44 Magnum; Taurus M66, .357 Magnum; Smith and Wesson M27-2, .357 Magnum; Webley Mark VI .455-760 (.45 ACP).

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
H&R “Sportsman”, .22LR; Thompson Auto-Ordnance M1911, .45 ACP; Dakota Arms SAA, .44/40; American Derringer Texas Sesquicentennial, .45 LC/.410 gauge; Smith and Wesson M1917, .45 ACP.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Smith and Wesson Heavy Duty, .38/44 (sweetest shooting wheel gun I've ever shot...they don't make the big stuff anymore, but I just shoot .38 special wad cutters and it's a religious experience.); Smith and Wesson M&P, .38 Special; Ruger MkII, .22LR; Colt M1911A1 Commander Series 80 (Stainless), .45 ACP; Colt M1991A1 Commander (Blue), .45 ACP.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Colt M1991A1 Commander (Blue), .45 ACP (repeat from earlier post); Colt M1991A1 (Stainless), .45 ACP; Ruger 10/22 (Stainless) .22LR; H&R Synthetic Handi-Rifle, .22 Hornet; Clayco AK47, 7.62x39mm.