Harder tha spotting SVB the break

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, but does TJ Max have any for twenty thousand and up? I thought not

It seems I have bothered some of my fellow azbilliards friends with my off beat post about my current endeavors. You're absolutely right. Rug talk doesn't belong on this site. I think I was just a little bored and wanted to talk to my internet friends in the only venue I use. I don't do facebook or any other social media.
Gosh! I wish I could play super pool so I could have something to say worth reading.
Keep it germane. Alfie .

For someone that people expect me to think highly of, you're a sarcastic and grumpy person. I don't know you, nor have I ever met you, but the main forum isn't meant for your lavish rug advertisements.

If the professionals, manufacturers, and regular members here, don't get any leeway, then neither should you.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think this is pool related....Jay used to wear a rug.
....I think Alf sold it to him.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
For someone that people expect me to think highly of, you're a sarcastic and grumpy person. I don't know you, nor have I ever met you, but the main forum isn't meant for your lavish rug advertisements.

If the professionals, manufacturers, and regular members here, don't get any leeway, then neither should you.
The man has more courtesy and class than you.

Pot meet kettle, oops my bad. I think pot was looking in a mirror.

Go ahead tell us you were being sarcastic, Dave M.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems I have bothered some of my fellow azbilliards friends with my off beat post about my current endeavors. You're absolutely right. Rug talk doesn't belong on this site. I think I was just a little bored and wanted to talk to my internet friends in the only venue I use. I don't do facebook or any other social media.
Gosh! I wish I could play super pool so I could have something to say worth reading.
Keep it germane. Alfie .

I would like to say thanks, once again, for your generous freebies of your very interesting book about your 'road' days. And I hope you continue to post, as you and your brother are true old school poolers, and you have a lot of knowledge and stories to tell. Keep on postin' Alfie. And I'll take a look at your rugs....best I can do is refer someone that can afford $20K for a rug.... lol.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If you are mad about not having 20k for a rug, just get one big enough to fit all you friends on, should be a little less.

Mr. Taylor, I think a few here were entertained by your post.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The man has more courtesy and class than you.

Pot meet kettle, oops my bad. I think pot was looking in a mirror.

Go ahead tell us you were being sarcastic, Dave M.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm rarely sarcastic on this forum.

Sarcasm doesn't bode well with the stuck up folks around here.

If you are mad about not having 20k for a rug, just get one big enough to fit all you friends on, should be a little less.

Mr. Taylor, I think a few here were entertained by your post.

I don't have $20,000 for a rug, because I don't want a $20,000 rug.

Your poor attempt at trying to offend me did not work.

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Alfie...

Long time, no hear...

Thanks for stopping by....good to hear you're still kicking.

...Is rug shopping at the source getting too sketchy yet in your travels?

Be well, and be careful out there.

ps: I doubt most here thot you were here selling rugs...rather, just checking in, saying hello.

Take care

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep it germane. Alfie .

Hey there buddy. I'm SOOO glad that I managed to avoid you back in the day. I'm sure you would have given me a costly lesson. I would play anybody back then, 9-Ball or One Pocket. I used to say that I play good enough to protect myself. I know you understand my meaning here.

Alfie, you were a legendary hustler and money player once upon a time. Kind of the junior edition of Jack Cooney. I do hope we can play some friendly One Pocket some day, just for old times sake. If you're ever in L.A. give me a heads up.

Like you I saw no real future as a player, but owning a nice poolroom had appeal for me. I had my first place at age 27 and parlayed it into real estate. Now I could afford a 20K rug but I bought my last one at a thrift store. :thumbup:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stop it stop it right now

Mr. Alf Taylor,
How dare you come on here and clutter up this forum, trying to sell carpet.
I wasted my valuable time reading this when I could have found out if
iron on or sewn on patches are best, and if that new 3M super elastic is
the best choice for my retractable chalk holder. Now if you would have
asked which rugs we like to stand on when we play that would be different.
Or which rugs the pros like best, but they play on which ever rug maker pays
them the most, and they can run out standing on any rug, and it's the
Indian not the rug, uh, uh. We go back a long way but you crossed the
line this time buddy.
Alf check your PM
jack
FREE SJD