Has Anyone Seen The PAT (Playing Ability Test) DVD Series?

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen the DVDs. I didn't know there was such a product. I've been an avid PAT booklet user for about 6 months. I have all three levels of the training booklets. Hopefully, they'll get an english translation soon if they don't already. Thanks for the link.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I have had the English version dvds since they came out several months back.
I've got the workbooks, too.
I had the german before that.

I thnk Modern Pool by Ralph Eckert is a book that contains a lot of similar stuff. Very good book.

mattman

Silver Member
I think the workbooks are great. Every few month I go through and take the PAT examine to see if my fundamentals have improved. I would highly recommend them. You should just start off with either PAT 1 or the new PAT Start. As you advance you can always purchase the others. The PAT 2 and PAT 3 workbooks have very similar workouts, but the degree of difficulty is a little tougher. It takes me (if I remember correctly) about 2-3 hours to work through the entire workbook. You keep a score through the excercises and at the end you tally up the score and are given a ranking. You can even do this in front of a PAT examainer and then you have you PAT score posted on the internet. Randy G is a certified PAT examainer. The DVD's are ok. They are basically a couple guys that work through the excercises.