Have the Aramith Tournaments been discontinued?

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Are those the ones with the fancy broken ring around the numbers?

Yep Bob, them are those. The ones that look like the IPT balls. :wink:

They used to be the first ball set featured, but now I don't even see them. Seems odd seeing as they are the top of the line, but the status does appear questionable considering. Wonder if this is a move made by Simonis for some reason.

Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I've been trying to sell a new set of these for a while. A guy ordered them from me then the wife said he couldn't spend the $. :rolleyes:

$250 shipped in the US if anyone is interested.

GearHead_1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
When I looked, it appears that the balls for that you are considering are still available on Aramith's site. It's been a couple of months ago and though not specifically what you are requesting, I picked up a set at Seyberts under the name of the Pro Cup Value Pack for $185 shipped.

Aramith describes these balls as being the similar. This set doesn't have the split semi-cirle though my understanding is the same composition and specification. If you're after that particular detail, the set I'm describing won't cut it.

Quoting Aramith - "this set is also available in PRO-CUP Value Pack (with JR training cue ball and Aramith ball cleaner + Micro-Fiber Cloth), and the PRO-CUP TV versions."

For what it's worth, I quite like both the polish and the polishing cloth and I've even played around with the practice ball.

My apologies if this is taking your thread off topic.

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
When I looked, it appears that the balls for that you are considering are still available on Aramith's site. It's been a couple of months ago and though not specifically what you are requesting, I picked up a set at Seyberts under the name of the Pro Cup Value Pack for $185 shipped.

Aramith describes these balls as being the similar. This set doesn't have the split semi-cirle though my understanding is the same composition and specification. If you're after that particular detail, the set I'm describing won't cut it.

Gear, they are not the same ball. The Pro Cup Value Pack set comes with the Super Pros. The Tournament set is made from the latest Duramith resin, different from the Super Pro resin. Super Pros are a great ball, same as Brunswick Centennials. But the Tournaments are the new top of the line ball made from the latest gen resin.

GearHead_1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Good to know, thanks. Can you tell me what Duramith technology is? I ask simply because their advertising says that the lesser ball (Pro Cup) uses the highest end phenolic resin. Could simply be that they haven't updated their site or it might be similar to the way car wax manufacturers advertise #1 Brazillian Carnauba. Just curious if you have any insight.

Last edited: