Help ID a cue?

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got this cue along with another cue and case and have NO idea what it is.

The cue itself is straight both together and apart. It's in really nice shape. 6 pt cue, nice linen wrap. Not really sure about the woods that are used, but I'm still not that good at identifying anything but maples and ebony. Cue has a black, most likely delrin, butt cap. NO markings anywhere on the cue that might be used for identification. The joint pin is large, not sure what thread type. Not 3/8 x 10 because my Frey shaft will not fit on it.

Any help with ID and value would be great.

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's the case, then I'm VERY impressed. This cue plays awesome. Any other opinions, or did Keyser pretty much nail it?

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep Kao Kao. For a lower end import they do play extremely well IMO.

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's one of these things run new then? I really am shocked at the fact that it's a low-end import. The cue plays awesome. Little softer hit than my Schon, but not a bad hitting cue at all.

keyser139

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's one of these things run new then? I really am shocked at the fact that it's a low-end import. The cue plays awesome. Little softer hit than my Schon, but not a bad hitting cue at all.

Around a hundred give or take and yes the do hit really well for a low end import ive got one myself

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the info. I guess this one will just be staying in the case for when I want something different from my Schon.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
I was thinking that company who does the SW knock-offs, but don't remember their name. The pin looks like the import (Radial knock-off) ball thread.

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead. I know it's a Kao Kao, what kind of joint pin does this thing actually have? Is it a true radial, or is it only found in these cues?

BREEZY B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of those. It's my bar cue for when I just go out with friends to hit some balls around. Get a 1x1 hard tube case and leave it in your car thats what I do. It plays real good.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
The cue looks like one of the import South West Knock off cues, some came with a 3/8-11 pin and some I have seen Had the Radial pin like this cue. Some were imported by J & J America and some were brought in to the USA by a company called Omega Billiards. Either way they are not that valuable I think when they were selling new they were around $100.

JIMO

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead. I know it's a Kao Kao, what kind of joint pin does this thing actually have? Is it a true radial, or is it only found in these cues?

It's a Chinese copy of the Radial. The Uniloc Radial is somewhat expensive - too expensive for these cues.

Most of the Chinese radial screws are a little too large. They have to be tapped a couple of times and lubricated a couple of times to get the correct fit. Radials have very tight tolerances.

I am having a Tiger shaft fitted to a Chinese radial joint now - it can be done. if you're thinking about buying an aftermarket shaft for it, I suggest having it fitted to the cue.

Chris