Hill/Hill SVB/Shaw

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I think he means that he owns the table as in its his poolroom. He owns the whole place and that specific table....and you would think he would get plenty of table time on the tables. At least that's how I interpreted the post.

It would be interesting to know if these are the regular tables that populate the room.
Had a buddy of mine play in Shaw's "Connecticut Open" last year prior to the USopen. Those are the tables he built his room with. However I'm pretty sure the pockets at that time were more roomy, so I'm guessing they were retooled for this event

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must not have much knowledge of pool at this point lol that means nothing. I have a diamond and play on diamonds at different bars. They all play a little different. speed changes due to the balls the humidity many many factors. Those tv lights completly change how the table plays. Having the same table at home means almost nothing.

sure, but this exact table is his property

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are you kidding ? Have you never played in a tournament before where a few tables play different than the rest? Lucky you if you haven’t . You can know it all you want but that doesn’t mean you can always adjust to it easily. Lol
So you think this is the first time JS has had to adjust on the fly to different table conditions due to the lighting, etc. on the TV table compared to the other tables? Are you kidding?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
One things a Given.
The main table, it's usually surrounded by More spectators, possibly more camera lights.... the humidity increase in that area is created the crowd and it's effects for each person.
I noticed this aspect years ago in Reno when I started making it to the weekend rounds.
A little change is allot, when you get into the evenings on Weekends.
The place was packed, and the Humidity change was very noticeable.
I've always heard the opposite - that the lights on the main table dry it out significantly more than the outer tables.

mrshifty

Registered
I'm no fan of Jason Shaw, but if he is dealing with changing cues, changing table conditions, and a blistered hand, the combination of that with the distractions of this being your home room might be too much.

jbart65

I would be surprised if the tables being used for this event are Shaw's tables. MR always brings in its own tables, usually new ones, no?

RT Ford

Unbeknownst to all involved, a small piece of plaster had fallen from the ceiling onto my table during a 9-ball tournament in North Ridgeville, Ohio. When I attempted to shoot my shot, just before contacting the object ball, the cue ball struck the plaster, went airborne, and flew off the table, My opponent said it was 'tough luck', but the tournament director said I could replace the cue ball and re-shoot the shot. Outside interference can also affect the playing conditions.

ACL

Had a buddy of mine play in Shaw's "Connecticut Open" last year prior to the USopen. Those are the tables he built his room with. However I'm pretty sure the pockets at that time were more roomy, so I'm guessing they were retooled for this event
The new tables that were put in place in September were 4-3/8". You are correct that 4 of those tables were redone for this week.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm no fan of Jason Shaw, but if he is dealing with changing cues, changing table conditions, and a blistered hand, the combination of that with the distractions of this being your home room might be too much.

the hand and the cue change sure, but surely home room is an advantage, not a disadvantage

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've always heard the opposite - that the lights on the main table dry it out significantly more than the outer tables.
That's probably correct, different room, lighting ceiling height etc. Makes sense. Reno where I first realized this is/was/occurring had quite a different ecosystem and much lower ceilings.
Now if Stu's breathing heavy ;).

Last edited: