Hit of cue by different cuemakers

arknova

Me like Pool. Mhmm
Silver Member
Hi,

I've always been wondering about how stiff the hit of cues made by top-listed or at least recognized cuemakers and will love to put it together for easy viewing. Feel free to add in your own context of how the cue hits as long as it's easy to understand.

So here it is, share your experiences! From a range of 1-10, 1 being the softest and 10 being super duper stiff. Description of stiffness taken from StrokeofLuck: "Stiffness seems to be more how the shaft reacts and hardness seems more like the resonation you feel in your hand and arm."
Listed in alphabetical order:

Adams -
Adams (Musashi Series) -
Ariel Carmeli -
Arthur (Marcus Dienst) -
Andy Gilbert -
Barry Szamboti -
Bebot Bautista -
Bob Frey -
Bill McDaniel -
Bill Schick -
Black Boar (Tony Scianella) -
Blackcreek (Travis Niklich) -
Bluegrass (Richard Harris) -
Bob Runde -
Chris Nitti -
Cory Banhart -
Cognescenti -
Darrin Hill -
Dave Jacoby -
Ed Prewitt -
George Balabushka -
Gina -
Guz Szamboti -
Jack Madden -
James White -
Jerry Rauenzahn -
Jeff Olney -
Jerry Olivier -
Jerry Mcworter -
Jim Pierce -
Joel Hereck -
Joseph Pechauner -
Josswest (Bill Stroud) -
Keith Josey -
Leon Sly -
Mezz Cue stocked w WD700 shaft (This acts as a stiffness guide. I've known WD700 to be one of the stiffer production shafts so far) -
Mike Bender -
Mike Capone -
Mike Gulyassy -
Mike Lambros -
Mike Stacey -
Omega -
Paul Dayton -
Paul F. Drexler -
Paul Mottey -
Pat Diveney -
Pete Tascarella -
Phillippi -
Predator stocked with 314-2 shaft (this acts as a stiffness guide since i believe most people played with a 314-2 shaft before) -
Richard Black -
Rc3 (Rick Chudy) -
Russ Espiritus -
Ron Haley -
Steve Klapp -
Steve Klein -
Steve Lomax -
Southwest (Jerry Franklin) -
Southwest (Laurie Franklin) -
TAD (Tad Kohara) -
Tim Scruggs -
Verl Horn -

Ok these are the ones that I can pick out at the back of my mind. If you have any more other recognized cue makers, feel free to add to the inexhaustible list and add long commentaries to each individual feel of the cue by the cue maker as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
10 Meucci Red Dot
I really don't know where this is going

Last edited:

giddyup

Hi,

I've always been wondering about how stiff the hit of cues made by top-listed or at least recognized cuemakers and will love to put it together for easy viewing. Feel free to add in your own context of how the cue hits as long as it's easy to understand.

So here it is, share your experiences! From a range of 1-10, 1 being the softest and 10 being super duper stiff. Description of stiffness taken from StrokeofLuck: "Stiffness seems to be more how the shaft reacts and hardness seems more like the resonation you feel in your hand and arm."

Adams -
Adams (Musashi Series) -
Ariel Carmeli -
Arthur (Marcus Dienst) -
Andy Gilbert -
Barry Szamboti -
Bebot Bautista -
Bob Frey -
Bill McDaniel -
Bill Schick -
Bob Runde -
Chris Nitti -
Cory Banhart -
Cognescenti -
Darrin Hill -
Dave Jacoby -
Ed Prewitt -
George Balabushka -
Gina -
Guz Szamboti -
Jack Madden -
James White -
Jerry Rauenzahn -
Jeff Olney -
Jerry Olivier -
Jerry Mcworter -
Jim Pierce -
Joel Hereck -
Joseph Pechauner -
Josswest (Bill Stroud) -
Keith Josey -
Leon Sly -
Mezz Cue stocked w WD700 shaft (This acts as a stiffness guide. I've known WD700 to be one of the stiffer production shafts so far) -
Mike Bender -
Mike Capone -
Mike Gulyassy -
Mike Lambros -
Mike Stacey -
Omega -
Paul Dayton -
Paul F. Drexler -
Paul Mottey -
Pat Diveney -
Pete Tascarella -
Phillippi -
Predator stocked with 314-2 shaft (this acts as a stiffness guide since i believe most people played with a 314-2 shaft before) -
Richard Black -
Rc3 (Rick Chudy) -
Russ Espiritus -
Ron Haley -
Steve Klapp -
Steve Klein -
Steve Lomax -
TAD (Tad Kohara) -
Tim Scruggs -
Verl Horn -

Ok these are the ones that I can pick out at the back of my mind. If you have any more other recognized cue makers, feel free to add to the inexhaustible list and add long commentaries to each individual feel of the cue by the cue maker as well.

Thanks!
I know this is an "OLD" post, but cue makers names aside, the stiffest butt I've played with is a full spliced John Davis cue. Now that's "STIFF."

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
How the heck are we going to measure that. There is quite a few components as to how stiff a cue feels. Tip, Ferrule, Shaft type. Joint type. Wood density etc.

How is the challenge, and when someone makes a Hit-O-Meter, they will person who is called sucessful inventor.

My problem is when someone say “it hits like ”, was statement made sober, bloody drunk, sleepy, etc.

Hope you get my point.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Adams -
Adams (Musashi Series) -
Ariel Carmeli -
Arthur (Marcus Dienst) -
Andy Gilbert -
Barry Szamboti -
Bebot Bautista -
Bob Frey -
Bill McDaniel -
Bill Schick -
Bob Runde -
Chris Nitti -
Cory Banhart -
Cognescenti -
Darrin Hill -
Dave Jacoby -
Ed Prewitt -
George Balabushka -
Gina -
Guz Szamboti -
Jack Madden -
James White -
Jerry Rauenzahn -
Jeff Olney -
Jerry Olivier -
Jerry Mcworter -
Jim Pierce -
Joel Hereck -
Joseph Pechauner -
Josswest (Bill Stroud) -
Keith Josey -
Leon Sly -
Mike Bender -
Mike Capone -
Mike Gulyassy -
Mike Lambros -
Mike Stacey -
Omega -
Paul Dayton -
Paul F. Drexler -
Paul Mottey -
Pat Diveney -
Pete Tascarella -
Phillippi -
Richard Black -
Rc3 (Rick Chudy) -
Russ Espiritus -
Ron Haley -
Steve Klapp -
Steve Klein -
Steve Lomax -
TAD (Tad Kohara) -
Tim Scruggs -
Verl Horn -

Thanks!
Of course you forgot the best one out there.... Ned Morris.

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• hands.jpg
    hands.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 74

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Can not wrap my mind about the concept that 2 of anything can be found by touch,
feel, smell, nor sound to be the exact same. Just an impossible thing to occur. Can not
build 2 of anything from the same chunk of tree or carbon fiber. Might be close, really
close, but never the same.
With cues there are so many variables involved ... :unsure:. All that multitude of bits-n-pieces
of wood, glue, various bits of plastic, natural materials as well as the tips that come from
critters. How in the World could anyone/anything build 2 exact items from anything?

Lots of "Yea, buts" out there but truly it ain't gonna happen.

All I got's ta say about dat.

hank

giddyup

Well the word “hit” is like “hot” everyone’s ideas are different.

Hispanic eats thing that to then is no big deal, gringos cry and want to stop the burn.
You got a point cowboy. However ambiguous "hit" may be, pretty much everyone agrees that a Aji Amarillo chile pepper is HOT! 🤪