Home Table Accessories Help

Thanks for the testimonial. I will definitely order accessories and stuff through them. They have great website. However, I have already been working with Dave, he has answered all my questions, and I owe it to him to buy the table from him. Plus, he covers my region and was who the factory sent me too. Wouldn't be right to shop him against someone else after he put the work in.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes I-70 is brutal. I need to be on my A-game when I make the trek. So many aggressive drivers. Many businesses have set records in Vail this summer and fall and there are thousands of people up here. Getting some snow would be good but things are dry so far. Let me know if you have any questions I am a pool freak and have seen it or done it all.

Concealed carry cured aggressive driving down here. I drove thirty miles back and forth to work each day and viewing four incidents of road rage daily was pretty much the norm. The very day we became a "shall issue" state, meaning instead of needing cause to get a license the state now had to show cause to not give us one, road rage dropped to almost nothing. I might see one or two incidents a month and it tapered down a little from there, almost unseen in my drives in heavy traffic.

The funniest part about this is that our cars are extensions of our homes in my state. Carrying in our cars was already legal with no restrictions that didn't apply to our homes also. More than one person drove like an idiot then leaned over with their vehicle right beside mine to "bless" me. When they had a better look at things they would notice the .45 in my hands draped over the steering wheel and forget what they had to say! Never tried it but I bet a camera or two mounted to look forwards and out the driver's window would have the same effect!

Hu

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The dealer I bought my Diamond from said it came with a "standard accessory pack" that included a basic set of balls, two cues, and chalk.
The table comes with a wooden rack from the factory. I advised that I had already purchased a set of Aramith Super Pro balls and a McCormick G204 playing cue and one of McCormick's Star import line break cue .. so we agreed on a fitted table cover as the dealer's contribution .. + set up and leveling. I have another Star cue that I got as part of a "cue & case" package and it is upgraded with a nice tip so right now I have my playing cue, a decent break cue, and one nice "house" cue. Will probably get 2 more import cues for house cues as well. Built a cue rack with a wooden box to hold balls. Built a couple of DRINK RAILS that have small notches in them for leaning a cue without touching the walls. Looks like another 4 weeks until my table will be delivered (waiting on addition construction to get finished). My table came stained cherry .. and i was able to get a gallon of the Diamond Cherry stain from their distributor .. so accessories that I built are also oak and stained with the same stain as the table (built a pub table, light box (has 4 LED tubes), escutcheon that the box hangs from, drink rails, bath vanity, medicine cabinet for the bath, and a counter / rail for the "kitchenette / wet bar" area. We built a small stand alone cottage that has a room for the table and a separate room for my loading bench and gun cases, etc. Will be spending a lot of time there!!
That sounds awesome – I hope you’ll share some photos with us when it’s done!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree that it is much easier to hand a casual player a house cue then one of my better cues, the cues do get knocked around by my friends and they don't even realize when they do it.
I agree! A casual player can do more damage to a good cue in 30 minutes than most of us can do in 50 years. I’ve been accused of being OCD with my cue, but not really that way at all. I just don’t like my cues being banged against lights, chairs etc.

I just ordered my own personal cue for the table. Went with a Jacoby Mag (the first version that is more plain) in black. 19.5oz, Kamui Black Clear Soft tip. Again, I have no way of testing any cues, the price wasn't super crazy (so any loss on resale if I don't like it should be small) and it seemed middle of the road for weight and tip preference, etc. and for some reason, I really like the looks of the design on the Radial joint. I went with the black instead brown thinking it would look best if I ever wanted to try a CF shaft. I don't have anyone that can put new tips on other then me, and it sounded like the clear made it stupid simple...although I have decent carpentry skills...so shouldn't be hard either way.

I read a ton of post on here, so thank you to everyone that contributes over the years...lots of good info on this site.

dd1228

Registered
If your room is 15x19 as you say, I would definitely go with an 8 foot table. I have a 9 foot Gold Crown in my 13x18 foot living room and have no problem. Yeah, once in a while I need a 48 inch cue for a shot, but not a problem. I'm sure you would enjoy the bigger table in the long run.

dd1228

Registered
If your room is 15x19 as you say, I would definitely go with an 8 foot table. I have a 9 foot Gold Crown in my 13x18 foot living room and have no problem. Yeah, once in a while I need a 48 inch cue for a shot, but not a problem. I'm sure you would enjoy the bigger table in the long run.

Thanks for the input. The issue is the angled ceilings on the 19ft wide direction. The side walls are only 48" high, so with an 8ft table, your cue would hit the ceiling during breaks or shots from the end of the table.

My new 7ft Diamond Pro is on the road and should be here in the next couple hours! Stoked to see it in person and start banging some balls around.

289FIA

That sounds awesome – I hope you’ll share some photos with us when it’s done!
Finally got my Diamond furniture model table installed about 4 weeks ago .. took longer than expected as they had shipped it without pockets (actually the wrong pockets). But all is well and we are really enjoying the addition. Was interesting watching them build it.

Attachments

• Pool table and Dart board Ready.jpg
    Pool table and Dart board Ready.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 82

289FIA

Looks sweet. Who makes your light?
I built the light box and the ceiling mount escutcheon. The light box is built of 1 * 6" boards with oak cross pieces as hangers and 4 1*3" pieces of poplar as mounting struts inside. I mounted a 48" long * 12" wide LED wraparound fixture (cost $109) inside and hung it with SS 1/8" anchor chain. Came out perfect. I built the drink rails and pub table and a pool cue rack as well.

Looks great .. must have been interesting getting it up to the 2nd floor level. Table has 3 piece slate then correct?
Yes, that is correct. I believe, unless it is a special order...all the Diamond professionals are three piece.

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
My new 7ft Diamond Pro is on the road and should be here in the next couple hours! Stoked to see it in person and start banging some balls around.
Can't wait to get this call at the end of the month. I bet that was exciting!

Your room looks really good... Congratulations and enjoy!

Thanks...it was our office space and I remodeled a storage room to be the new office and made room for the table. The corners still have some residual junk to get through.

I am glad we went with the grey instead of the powder blue for the cloth. It came out nice and I would suggest the color highly.

One note, the rails are one of a kind white oak "diamond wood." They were apparently a sample that Diamond ordered from the factory that makes the wood for them and there is not another set of rails like it. One of a kind table....which no one will know or care, but I thought was neat. The grain and colors on the rails are pretty special. The side skirts and legs are just their regular oak.