Hoppe Pro question

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting question.

I don't know if there is a single correct answer actually.

I have a very pristine Hoppe Pro, very original. It looks like the original tip in fact and seems like a Blue Diamond I think.

But I don't know that we can say for sure that tip and ferrule changes coincide perfectly with the decal changes, know what I mean?

So....maybe somebody knows a good answer...I will be curious to see.

Do you really want even the tip to be "original"? I was thinking to change my original just because I might like to make it a little more playable for the once in a while that it gets used.

But then, some people want redline tires on their old muscle cars even if the tires are crap......

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Dan,

This is a 1960's Hoppe Pro I have that is in amazing condition that I believe is all original.

Here are some close up's of the 1960's version (with the updated decal) - notice the decal matches the logo on the 1961 Brochure cover. The tip appears to be blue diamond. The ferrule looks like black and white fibre, no pad. Hopefully this will help.

Let me know if you need any measurements.

Chris

Attachments

• Hoppe Pro 60's Butt.jpg
    Hoppe Pro 60's Butt.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Hoppe Pro 60's Ferrule.jpg
    Hoppe Pro 60's Ferrule.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Not exactly sure but around 1959- 1960 the Hoppe ring disappeared. The decal change was around 1961 when they changed to the logo shown on the 1961 cover - often they used old photos of the cues in the brochure, that's why there may be some time discrepancies in the brochure. I believe your cue is late 1950's.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not exactly sure but around 1959- 1960 the Hoppe ring disappeared. The decal change was around 1961 when they changed to the logo shown on the 1961 cover - often they used old photos of the cues in the brochure, that's why there may be some time discrepancies in the brochure. I believe your cue is late 1950's.

I believe the ivory ring was gone by 1953. Though it is also thought that
Brunswick may have had older stock that wasn't sold untill years later,
they stopped building Hoppes with the ring by 1953 or 1954.

Dale