Horrors! Spirit Airlines and cues!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Salvation!! Cues found!! My wife can tolerate me again!!

Now here's the kicker. Spirit's baggage office still have no idea how the bag got to Orlando.

But all's well that ends well. Still...the cues will be sent home via FedEx, and neither I or my babies will ever be caught on Spirit again!!

Dave....you're real people! Looking forward to meeting you at Racks.

Thanks to all, especially my UMASS bro Freddie, for your concern and support!

I've been in that room in Orlando looking for luggage.

Lucky you.

Jeff Livingston

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thanks for the support everybody! Hopefully I'll have a good report tomorrow.
I'm flying em for the first time to Atlantic City in Sept.
My cue and case will be inside one luggage bag.
Did you fly from the Islands to the states?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spirit Airlines broke my cue in the middle of the butt. It was in a hard case inside a larger bag. The case was not damaged. Somone had to take the cue out and pound it on something. Totally malacious. They wouldn't pay me a dime either since I didn't discover the damage until I got home and unpacked everything.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Spirit Airlines broke my cue in the middle of the butt. It was in a hard case inside a larger bag. The case was not damaged. Somone had to take the cue out and pound it on something. Totally malacious. They wouldn't pay me a dime either since I didn't discover the damage until I got home and unpacked everything.
Damned!! đŸ˜’ That's pretty sad.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is my first time flying Spirit Airlines, and my heart told me not to trust them with my cues! How do you lose a bag on a nonstop flight from St. Thomas to Orlando??!! I guess Racks in Sanford won't be seeing me tonight! đŸ˜¡đŸ˜¢

Praying that they are found, and warning all players...leave Spirit Airlines alone!!
Look at the bright side, A.. YOU arrived at your destination and
B. Good excuse to buy a new cue

71dewajack

Glad the gear is safe. I was wondering recently about pros traveling with their gear. I saw an episode of What's in the Case, where Efren puts a big fragile sticker on his case when he travels. Seems risky.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad the gear is safe. I was wondering recently about pros traveling with their gear. I saw an episode of What's in the Case, where Efren puts a big fragile sticker on his case when he travels. Seems risky.

Fragile stickers dont mean shit to a baggage handler.

I think they believe its something in Italian...... FRA....GI....LAY

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it funny that guys trust their lives, but not their cues, on an airline.

Jeff Livingston
It is even funnier that the proposed solution is to ship them, when there have been numerous threads here about problems shipping cues in the context of selling cues.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
It is even funnier that the proposed solution is to ship them, when there have been numerous threads here about problems shipping cues in the context of selling cues.

What's a better idea? Carrier pigeon?

Jeff Livingston

Island Drive

Silver Member
With CohVid moments coming and going, it took 26 days to get a shaft mailed from CA to CO....It's hard to send a cue waaaaaaaay in advance, because whaddahyah going play with during shipping???

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good deal! Glad they came through for you. Sorry they had to put you through this though. I work for American, but we are all in this together and when one fails we all feel it.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David in FL and VIProfessor at Racks. The baby boomers are alright!
IMG_32501.jpg

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, did it have a TSA sticker on the bag? I wonder if your cue was the victim of overzealous inspectors.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have a new home pool room next time you’re back in town!

Safe travels home and get back here soon, buddy!
For sure, bro! I'll pass through and hit some balls this evening. And if I don't see you then, maybe we can hook up in late August when I come back. In any case,, let Joey know I'll return to make another small deposit (or to collect on the loan). đŸ˜„

By then my game should be back in order and I can at least represent myself.

Island Drive

Silver Member
I was wondering about those small TSA padlocks for luggage zippers. Are they still being used?