How about get yourself a job

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
What is it with you people? What is so difficult to interpret from the op?

He stated that he feels that it's sad that all you so called champions have been reduced to beggars looking for handouts. He then states that if all you worldbeaters would find jobs, there would be more money in the game...

That is all... Not so tough to decipher, reallly...

Good summary of the good point the OP made.

If there is no production, there is no new, real money. Gambling produces nothing but simply redistributes the monies had from whatever production that already happened. It's a zero sum game, this gambling on pool...or poker or...

Zero sum games can be won but does abiding happiness result from that? I think not. The saying in TCOM that "money won is twice as sweet as money earned," is stupid, irrational, and misleading, especially to young minds who may not know yet where true happiness comes from. Money earned is the sweetest because it is real so the resulting emotions from that are real, too. Saving back some of one's production to use for gambling is the only way to really add value to the betting pool.

To paint a bigger wall by watering down the paint goes only so far; eventually you need more paint!

A "job," though, isn't the specific requirement, but productive work of some kind is. Without new production, pool is stuck with only the capital it now has. There are ways now to produce while on the road, that before new technology didn't exist, if one was to look for those. Geno is doing it with some success, as just one example.

Jeff Livingston

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
The OP is just a hater who goes bust playing pool and now is mad at people with talent. That is what i got out of it anyway.

Maybe i am wong

Mad at people with talent? Do you think the OP just totally sucks?
You think he's jealous of Wong?
Well, you are dead wrong.

As a matter of fact, the OP won a regional event recently.
He defeated Wong along the way.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that THAT'S where all the woofing started. You know. People get lit up in a tournament and words start flying.

I don't know about you, but i will never ever be jealous of someone who i've beaten or am capable of beating.
Trust me, Wong's ability has nothing to do with it.

Attachments

• Vin1.jpg
    Vin1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 334

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How would having jobs help anything? If anything it would hurt what little there is of pro pool. Top players missing from tournaments because they have to work. Not to mention most people live paycheck to paycheck. So they would have to have one hell of a job that let's the afford to travel across country and to let them off to do it. Do you want what pro events there are to be watered down to locals because the best players have to work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
How would having jobs help anything? If anything it would hurt what little there is of pro pool. Top players missing from tournaments because they have to work. Not to mention most people live paycheck to paycheck. So they would have to have one hell of a job that let's the afford to travel across country and to let them off to do it. Do you want what pro events there are to be watered down to locals because the best players have to work?

Just remember that you're stealing time and money from your family when you use money that you earned while away from them to give to a "pro" or anyone else for that matter.

Every minute i spend at work is time im not spending with my family and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give it to somebody who isn't even willing to earn their own way.

I could give a s&!£ less if there is ever another pro match. If you want to "support" them thats your business, but thinking others should is just crazy.
Jason

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess we will have to do away with the Olympics.

Olympic athletes have their needs taken care of and if they have families I can guarantee they are neglected because the training regimen that Olympic athletes must endure is all consuming. That's the trade off in life.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the OP plays pretty strong, doesn't mind betting his own, seems to work for his money (like the majority of us) has a reasonably valid arguement about the state of the game today and we're concerned about the grammar?

Just not seeing that as being a really valid concern - but that's just my .02.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My step dad's brother was a high school drop out and ran a huge real estate company in San Jose California, owning many hotels and extensive parts of downtown San Jose.

Another family member has two PhDs and is largely a good for nothing bum.

I think its a mistake to knock people just because they are poor at writing. Common sense is usually not taught alot in school.

I actually like Philly Vipers posts, I think he adds to the AZ forum as he is providing some unfiltered perspective about how alot of people in pool feel. Granted some of it or maybe most of it is politically incorrect, but it doesn't make it wrong necessarily.
Fair points that ironically (and unintentionally) convey exactly why Trump will almost certainly be the GOP nominee for better or worse.

Arnaldo

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the OP plays pretty strong, doesn't mind betting his own, seems to work for his money (like the majority of us) has a reasonably valid arguement about the state of the game today and we're concerned about the grammar?

Exactly What he said. 😄😄😄😜👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽

optician

best one pocket in philly
Silver Member
grammer

i agree with u viper i have a master's degree but cant write for shit.. i work gamble at pool and poker play 10/20 15/30 big o super stud. i can do this cause i work,

EllisCueRepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good point!

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree with u viper i have a master's degree but cant write for shit.. i work gamble at pool and poker play 10/20 15/30 big o super stud. i can do this cause i work,

When people can't talk shit about playing me in pool, they seem to talk about my grammar and writing skills or lack of. It don't bother me 1 bit though. At the end of the day I sleep great every night and I don't need nothing from nobody. Hey by the way can I get some contacts cause my eyes are going bad. Must be all stress from trying to spell words correctly. Lol

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mad at people with talent? Do you think the OP just totally sucks?
You think he's jealous of Wong?
Well, you are dead wrong.

As a matter of fact, the OP won a regional event recently.
He defeated Wong along the way.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that THAT'S where all the woofing started. You know. People get lit up in a tournament and words start flying.

I don't know about you, but i will never ever be jealous of someone who i've beaten or am capable of beating.
Trust me, Wong's ability has nothing to do with it.

Damn, that is a good result there! Nice job Vinny you really did a great job at that tourney man!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hi Optician...I was playing you last Fri (Frank) at Fusco's. I missed a fairly easy shot and jokingly say to a person watching " I should have stayed in school" (thats' my going line). He replies the best is hustle is full time job with a paycheck.