How Adam Japan makes cues

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's to guarantee the custom cue will be a better playing cue than any mass-produced cue? There isn't.
As far as looks and "bling" goes, depending on the custom cue maker and his reputation within the industry for the skill to craft a knock out design over the years as well as good player, many of the China/Japanese/American made fancy cues are in fact excellent feeling and shooting cues. A custom cue without the "bling" but a variety of woods used is no guarantee that it'll be a good shooter either. More expensive doesn't mean best feeling or best shooter. Why Cuetec for some of the pros? Over the years they've played with Joss, Lucasi, Meucci, McDermott, Schon, Adam, Falcon, etc. that were fancy or plain.
I think the most important aspect of a personal shooting cue is total weight, weight of butt and shaft separately, balance, shaft and tip size, and tip hardness or softness. All personal for each of us and doesn't matter who makes them.
I've used some pool room cues hanging on the wall that I would like to have stolen because they played and felt so good.
I now own a $165 Smelke Bocote into Maple SP with a few custom specs - I recently sold my $1200 Scruggs SP - same bocote into maple - I am still not sure which cue plays better - Both play very well - both are constructed very well - money does not equal a better cue.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I now own a $165 Smelke Bocote into Maple SP with a few custom specs - I recently sold my $1200 Scruggs SP - same bocote into maple - I am still not sure which cue plays better - Both play very well - both are constructed very well - money does not equal a better cue.
Nor does the word "custom" which I've had and have along with mass manufactured. With so many pro players now moving to light weight graphite shafts, what difference does the butt make except for a good weight and balance to the entire cue?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike it's Schmelke.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
any company that tries to deceives you with where the cue was made is dishonest and you can, but i am not buying their product.

stuff made entirely in japan is usually of high quality.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any company that tries to deceives you with where the cue was made is dishonest and you can, but i am not buying their product.

stuff made entirely in japan is usually of high quality.
almost everything you buy is of 'global content'. its not deception its how things get made today. cues made entirely in China can also be of very high quality. look at the higher-end Lucasi's, ADAM, Peri, HOW. all make some super nice stuff.

telinoz

Registered
4.8 million views, when I watched it just now.

It is a basic cue making video.
Interesting though.

Hilarious subtitles in places, but easy to work out what is going on for each scene.