how are ya'll doing in league ?

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
That's a strong 6! But not impossible. On the verge of being a 7. Some days the table breaks
easy and you get the kind of layout helen keller can't f*ck up.

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member
That's a strong 6! But not impossible. On the verge of being a 7. Some days the table breaks
easy and you get the kind of layout helen keller can't f*ck up.

Agreed. But I for one have never witnessed a 6 that was capable of doing that.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. But I for one have never witnessed a 6 that was capable of doing that.

Was this on a bar table with easy pockets? If this was done on a 9 footer with 4.5 inch pockets that's impressive for almost any player outside of a A+. I've seen C players run out on a bar table where you can make a ball if you hit it in the same zip code as the pocket. 3 racks is actually my record on a 9 footer for both 8 and 9 ball, and I've only done that maybe less than a dozen times in over 20 years. I may have done it at least one more time but I was in a race to 2 tournament and ran out the set so no 3rd rack to try.

ball-banger

I hate this damn game!
Silver Member
Been kind of a roller coaster session for me. I play 9 ball twice a week as a 7. Started off strong going 4 for 4 beating a 6, 7, and two 8's. My last couple matches however, have been tough. I didn't play well and lost to a 4 and a 5. Hoping to turn it around tonight against a tough 7!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can see how long it takes by going through the ultimate ten ball playlist on youtube.

Jennfier B and Borana A's streamed match was something like 2.5 hours. Shane playing his match was a little over an hour.

Almost all the women's matches were longer than the men's and I think they also played shorter races. It's not only slow play but more misses.

How did these posts end up in the league thread anyway? :confused: hehe.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been kind of a roller coaster session for me. I play 9 ball twice a week as a 7. Started off strong going 4 for 4 beating a 6, 7, and two 8's. My last couple matches however, have been tough. I didn't play well and lost to a 4 and a 5. Hoping to turn it around tonight against a tough 7!

Nothing wrong with losing a handicapped match the 4s and 5s SHOULD be able to win every so often, 50% of the time is of-course every league ideal if you don't count any sandbagging.

I've lost league matches where the opponent won 1 or 2 games to my 5 or 6 but they won due to points (in the USAPL you get 14 pts for a win and 1 point per ball in a loss, so if you are a strong player (I was over 80) and they are weak (30), you can win and win and win but still be even and they get one game and get almost all their points then LOL).

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member
Was this on a bar table with easy pockets? If this was done on a 9 footer with 4.5 inch pockets that's impressive for almost any player outside of a A+. I've seen C players run out on a bar table where you can make a ball if you hit it in the same zip code as the pocket. 3 racks is actually my record on a 9 footer for both 8 and 9 ball, and I've only done that maybe less than a dozen times in over 20 years. I may have done it at least one more time but I was in a race to 2 tournament and ran out the set so no 3rd rack to try.

LOL, maybe you haven't witnessed what constitutes a SL6 in APA 8ball lately? Bar table or no bar table. :D :p 7's are a different story. I've seen many capable of running multiple racks.

:thumbup: We run an equal opportunity thread and can make any subject relate somehow to league play. :D

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost all the women's matches were longer than the men's and I think they also played shorter races. It's not only slow play but more misses.

We are 48 pages in. We've started our own private club :killingme:

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a perfect night last night on my BCA league....I played fairly well and lucked out going 4-0

My wife is picking the game up fairly quick and we split 4-4 in our scotch doubles league. (she made a couple of clutch shots in the 4 games that we won)

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member
We are 48 pages in. We've started our own private club :killingme:

Just watched most of the Borana vs Stevens 10 ball match. An hour and a half to play 11 racks and Sandra Stevens plays pretty fast too. Somehow I still felt compelled to continue to watch the whole thing but I'm not sure why. Having trouble putting my finger on it. :shrug: :grin:

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I do not play on bar boxes, but I do all of my practice on a GC with 4" pockets and 2 diamonds with 4.25 pockets. Leagues are all played on 4.5" pockets. I pocket a lot more balls on the bigger pockets, so I can see a bar box with buckets it might be posible for a 6 to run a 3 pack if they are very lucky and get all of the rolls.

Banks

Banned
I ended up beating the 7 in 8b after my 9b match on Sunday. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. 8 racks in 18 innings makes it sound better than it looked. A handful of safeties by each of us, but usually after flubbing up a nice run right at the end.. they weren't even tough shots for either of us, that's what made it ugly.

Tonight, our masters team plays the last place team. I feel a little bad playing them, but they do give it their all, so I try to play well so that they get their money's worth.

Weeks Scored Points Won Last Week Total Points
10 21 222
10 14 205
10 24 170
10 14 96

BigDeal52

Don Pearce
Silver Member
I had a great night last night. Played real well and won all of my matches. Others on my team did well and we crushed a team that is actually stronger than us (or maybe not :) ).

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
WOO-fricken-HOO!!!!

we won't be going to League tonight either - cause LOU WON!!!!

been drinking for the past hour. just hung up with him.

DRINKS ARE ON US!!!!

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Yogi said "it ain't over till it's over." In my Mega Bucks league tonight we had a race to 9 in 8-Ball. My opponent Larry was ahead 8-7, needing only 1 game to win the match. Well he's going for the 8-Ball which was an easy hanger on the corner pocket. I was ready to concede the match but didn't get the chance as he was already in shooting stance. Anyway, he gets the 8-Ball in and the Cue Ball follows for a scratch on the 8 Ball. I then win the next game and the match!! NEVER CONCEDE!!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Yogi said "it ain't over till it's over." In my Mega Bucks league tonight we had a race to 9 in 8-Ball. My opponent Larry was ahead 8-7, needing only 1 game to win the match. Well he's going for the 8-Ball which was an easy hanger on the corner pocket. I was ready to concede the match but didn't get the chance as he was already in shooting stance. Anyway, he gets the 8-Ball in and the Cue Ball follows for a scratch on the 8 Ball. I then win the next game and the match!! NEVER CONCEDE!!

conceding matches always been one of my pet peeves. too many times i have seen easy shots dogged. they gonna have to make it if they play me.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got home late last night and too tired to post. so i will give both last nights and tonights match results in this post.

last night apa 8 ball travel. it was a 4-2 race...me going to 4. as i have stated on here a lot i have been notorius for starting out slow. i think the other captain knew it and thats why he dumped a 3 on me when he had 2-5's and a 6 available. sure enough she wins the 1st rack due to me missing easy shots so she is already on the hill. i win 3 in a row . hill - hill i have one ball left and she has the 8 left. i decide to play a safe and believe it or not i drop my cue stick onto the cueball giving her bih on the 8. un friggin believable!

tonight i started my playing in a new napa division. my opponent won the lag and chose 8 ball. i am going to 4 and him 3. again slow starting me lets him win the 1st rack before i win 4 in a row winning the match.