how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Took four years, but I was made a SL6 in 9 ball today.
Congrats...it took me 8 years.

New week ...same old results. Won 8 ball and lost 9 ball.

Played a 6 in 8 ball and won 4-1 in a 4-5 race. Thats 8 wins in a row after losing the first match of the session.

Mow about 9 ball....sigh. Recors so far this session is 2 -7 after last nights loss. Fellas i was breaking and hitting them good ....so good that when i looled at the scoresheet after the match i saw that i was up 34-16 in a 46-38 race. I lost 42 -38.

How did i manage to wind up losing after beimg that far ahead ? Well it started after i dry broke and he ran the table to make it me...34 and him 26. No he does not shoot good enoigh to run the table but 4 slop shots along the way definitely helped him. As i am racking for the first time this match i am muttering ...damn...double damm...shit.

Next rack je makes the 2 on the break...misses the 1. I play safe since i had nowhere to put it. He makes a masse ? ..spelling ...at warp speed...it barely grazes the one ...i honlestly dont think he hit it. .more like the turbulence of the cue ball zoomimg past at warp speed nudged it an inch over ...anyway the cue ball travels on hitting the side of the 7 knocking it against the rail and sending it cross corner into the pocket. The cue ball settles down after comimg back up off the bottom rail and leaves him straight in on the one. Makes the one with no problem. Tries a kick at the 3 which hits the 6 knocking it againt the rail and sendimg the 6 cross corner into the pocket. Good on the 3. Good on the 4. . tries a full table bank on the 5 which misses and rolls back up table into the corner pocket there. Left with the same type bank on the 8 and smacks it at warp speed. It hits the tip of the side pocket and shoots across the table into the opposite side pocket. ...good on the 9.

Fellas i was so out of it sfter that i couldnt make a ball when i did get a chance to go to the table.

Gotta work on my mental game but man its hard when you got 5's starting to resort to slop when they get down.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
hit em pretty good last week, won my first 9ball match against another 7
was the first i played on good table and first in a very long time, but im hitting balls decently rn, then another good bca night 45 of 50
second place tournament friday, my saturday and fridays im getting 2nd place for 2 months straight. lol dont know what it is, but im getting to go home with more money than what i came in with atleast.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revenge
Won all my matches the start of the apa sesh. 5-1 5-2 5-1 against 5 and 6s
One was a guy who beat me one time in 5 matches who I didn't take well losing to las time lol, the other was a guy I haven't beat before, he got very flustered and conceded the last few with an open table and 5 balls left.

Last week was my worst bca, won just one. Small errors they made me pay for, this week, 5-0
First 2 games set the tone 10-1 games
The previous 2 weeks bca 4-1 nights for me.

I'm hitting them better a little better each week, since I'm now playing 3 straight nights on the same tables a week in competition

Hitting the long ball alot more accurate now, pocket speed, fuller hits with a tip of follow is making alot more shots for me rn.
My break makes atleast one ball each time, in 5 attempts I'm probably making balls in 4 out of the 5 times.

pre shot routine that's not labored or anything fancy so barley notice is another little add on that's helping me shoot better I believe

I would venture to say the pre-shot routine is helping if you're not having to think about it. The idea, for me anyways, is to create a routine that instills both physical consistency as well as mental. If you can run through the pre-shot without having to think about it and it puts you in the right sub-conscious state of mind then it's working ;)

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vegas baby!! My 8 ball team that we just formed for spring session battled back from the losers side to win our LTC yesterday and head to Vegas. Just started APA in Jan. Of 2020 and can't believe I'm headed to Vegas

Well done, lots of people play in APA for years and never make it there.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, don't leave us in suspense; what have you done in those years after leaving, and why did you leave?
Got tired of the chicken-shit arguments. I've seen more arguments/fights over some nitty league rule nonsense than in gambling matches for BIG money.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
A pretty good week.

Apa 8ball, me a 6, rackless night over a 5
Apa 9ball me a 7 win over a 6, and a 7 last week.
Bca me at 487, a 46 point night, a break and run, a second win over a 650 .
4 wins

My feet hurt now

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pretty good week.

Apa 8ball, me a 6, rackless night over a 5
Apa 9ball me a 7 win over a 6, and a 7 last week.
Bca me at 487, a 46 point night, a break and run, a second win over a 650 .
4 wins

My feet hurt now
Nice shooting. I dont miss the several nights a week grind like i thought i would. Probably due to getting burnt out at my old age.

Years ago i did bca 2 nights and money league 2 nights.

Then quit pool for four years. Came back and did apa ...money league and napa for a while.

Then it was apa twice. ...usapl and tap every week. Just got to be too much.

So last night ... Won 8 ball. Real tough match winning 4-3 in a 4-4 race. The reason it was tough was because i was off last night. Position play...missed makeable shots....wrong pattern mostly due to uncertainty on my position play. On the way home i realized i had swapped to my carbon pro last night...should have stuck with the black dot i been using all session. 9 wins in a row now...i think. Have to look it up later.

Didnt play 9 ball last nihht due to how the other team was matching up. I should have played the last match. They threw a 4 so i threw my newly raised to a 4. My 4 lost 31-25 in 45 friggin innnings. It was pure mental torture keeping score that match. Didnt get through intil 11.30 and we are usually through ny 10.30.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Talk about torture, my team aquired a real life 1, for 9ball
Brutal about 30 mins to get through 2 racks, she'd get bih, miscue and hand it back, probably made 3 total shots on the match, not just bad bad, bit SLOW SLOW as well

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk about torture, my team aquired a real life 1, for 9ball
Brutal about 30 mins to get through 2 racks, she'd get bih, miscue and hand it back, probably made 3 total shots on the match, not just bad bad, bit SLOW SLOW as well
Why would anyone do that to themself?!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
In the recent state tourney, I counted 7 or 8 fouls my opponents made and failed to call on themselves.

Like double-hitting the cue ball, etc. There was no reason to call a ref beforehand as there was no reason to foul on those shots. I didn't bother calling 'em afterwards cuz it's my word against the shooters. I didn't even mention the fouls afterwards.

One guy was breaking 9-ball by hitting, I think, the second ball in the rack. It was hard to tell if he skimmed the 1-ball or not. I was going to get a ref before he broke, but didn't. I guess i was a little disillusioned by then. My bad.

This year was the worst I've seen for this type of cheating. Not sure if it is a trend. In April when we had the other state tourney, everyone was happy and nice and laughing and having fun. But this recent one? just the opposite.

I won money, anyway, so that 's good.

Jeff Livingston

EDIT: I forgot to add that I called 3 fouls on myself.

Last edited: