how are ya'll doing in league ?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Last game of apa session
My decision was an easy,
Can't beat a 6, can't beat a 4 I'm done
Lol, I tried coming at it with new mental attitude as just playing friendly game to keep my self loose not angry or upset. But now I can't win lol

"....Tis a cruel mistress she is..."

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I actually won, again, this week. Seems like the mechanical adjustment i made a few weeks ago was the right move. Not gonna be a monster, running over anyone, but I'm not embarrassing myself any more. Slightly encouraging.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
Last night of league and got both my sets. Things finally clicked. 5/5 and 3/5 ball count shot a 90/100. Should help my standing. Find out on Saturday where it ended up. Probably somewhere in the middle of the pack. Most likely just outside the top half.

Going into the tournament on Saturday feeling good.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one more week of apa and im going to do my best to stay away for a while. cant seem to beat 6`s anymore,
its as if the more my cue skills improve the more my mental side declines. frustrating to say the least. cant control my emotions or tempo and pace near half as much as i can the rock

going to substitute apa with tournaments is possible. id get out of bca for tournaments as well but its likea little cash pot so i can stick it out, and i have a pretty good 3man team put together that has a good shot to win the season. which is why i assembled this second team.

That means you've reached a new level or learned something new and you haven't quite figured it out yet.

Anything major change in your game recently?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
That means you've reached a new level or learned something new and you haven't quite figured it out yet.

Anything major change in your game recently?

I actually do feel like my game has gone up a bit recently with all the balls I've been hitting and the tougher tournament I'm playing.

I've got the second ball break down pretty well just started toying around with it since I see alot of higher levels using it.i love the spread .

And I never was much of a tip whore meaning that I never had to have this or that every tip was nearly indiscernible from one to another to me
. But I recently got what must have been the hardest lepro in the box and it's like I've found the missing link. This what was destined for me lol, even the shit bar tournament with the heavy ass cue ball, it does exactly what I'm intending to do now with this tip on.
I feel I love immediately with the first hit after putting it on.it makes a lovely clunk sound on every hit.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually do feel like my game has gone up a bit recently with all the balls I've been hitting and the tougher tournament I'm playing.

I've got the second ball break down pretty well just started toying around with it since I see alot of higher levels using it.i love the spread .

And I never was much of a tip whore meaning that I never had to have this or that every tip was nearly indiscernible from one to another to me
. But I recently got what must have been the hardest lepro in the box and it's like I've found the missing link. This what was destined for me lol, even the shit bar tournament with the heavy ass cue ball, it does exactly what I'm intending to do now with this tip on.
I feel I love immediately with the first hit after putting it on.it makes a lovely clunk sound on every hit.

Thinking out loud here: I don't remember what it's called when someone gets something new their senses kick in and they tend to focus more - I wonder if the new tip had that affect on you, so now you're REALLY paying attention to english and follow through, so you're generally shooting better but the new tip is throwing you off?

In my experience, the harder the tip the more deflection. Start paying to attention to your misses - is deflection causing them most of the time?

A little side-bar - harder tips, to me, have a much better sound, the softer the tip the more I hear a dead "thud" versus a harder tip gets that ping I like. I have a hard time judging the result of the hit with softer tips and therefore change my stroke and it screws me all up. A harder tip, to me, is much more consistent.

Just random shit I think about :)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Last game of apa session
My decision was an easy,
Can't beat a 6, can't beat a 4 I'm done
Lol, I tried coming at it with new mental attitude as just playing friendly game to keep my self loose not angry or upset. But now I can't win lol

"....Tis a cruel mistress she is..."

It's a fence you gotta walk on.

I seem to be losing my mojo to win, too, after my teammates told me they use league for practice, not to win first place.

Oh well, this session ends tonight and I can't play cuz my back blew out the other day. Like the Cubs say: Next Year!!!

Jeff Livingston

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a fence you gotta walk on.

I seem to be losing my mojo to win, too, after my teammates told me they use league for practice, not to win first place.

Oh well, this session ends tonight and I can't play cuz my back blew out the other day. Like the Cubs say: Next Year!!!

Jeff Livingston

LOL, your tagline under your avatar goes great with their saying.

Hope your back gets better, been there done that.

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won my APA 9-ball match on Tuesday, but it was another come-from-behind victory. I tend to get behind early, and it seems I get more motivated in about the last third of my match. It's a pattern for me. Ugh.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
In Oberliga here in Germany, our team is tied for first place, and plays the other team next month. Considering I have out basically zero effort into practicing, I consider this a pretty nice result, considering the average Fargo of German Oberliga players is around 600.. 🙃

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
After a night at league, I realized I had spent $50 for the night! Firty bucks. wow. That is the norm now. Dang.

It was $15 for the league fee and then $33 for drinks with a tip.

I can't afford to do that more than once a week. I used to play 3 leagues when I was broke, somehow.

You guys feeling the effects of higher prices? Are you playing less because of it?

Jeff Livingston

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a night at league, I realized I had spent $50 for the night! Firty bucks. wow. That is the norm now. Dang.

It was $15 for the league fee and then $33 for drinks with a tip.

I can't afford to do that more than once a week. I used to play 3 leagues when I was broke, somehow.

You guys feeling the effects of higher prices? Are you playing less because of it?

Jeff Livingston
Sounds like your drinking team has a pool problem! I get by on $20. $8 for league fee, $7 for food, and $5 for beer. But I dont drink much on weeknights. I have a CDL to worry about. I guess it depends on your area.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Sounds like you drinking team has a pool problem! I get by on $20. $8 for league fee, $7 for food, and $5 for beer. But I dont drink much on weeknights. I have a CDL to worry about. I guess it depends on your area.

The other guys drink more than I, and they do the 'buy a round' thingy, and that gets expensive for the guy who drinks less.

I'm trying to get them to keep me out of the round buying loop so I can save a few bucks, but I want to be a team player, ya know.

Bars love us because we drink...and often we win.

Jeff Livingston

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Yeah I usually spend more on the drink and tip and corndog than the league fee's
No booze while shooting

Apa is 8
Bca is 5 unless you want to go to Vegas and pay the 20

It adds up