how are ya'll doing in league ?

Coyote501

Now 6-2 this session. Shot lights out last game. Made some crazy great kick shots. (One to win the match.) Hoping I can keep this hot streak up. Making some shots that got me asking.... "How the hell did I make that?" Shooting the best pool of my life. On that note..... pray for me that it keeps up............ ;)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm back to being off a league, fed up with handicaps. Just played a TAP team where every player was at least one rank lower, and one guy was 3 ranks lower, than they were last session, yet somehow they still managed not to miss much. Guys coming back from Atlantic City were telling me how they were playing TAP 4s and 5s that had 600-640 Fargo ratings. Anything not using Fargo ratings can go shove it, BCA and USAPL are pretty much the only systems I would consider playing in again. TAP and APA keep showing their total disregard for fair play. If someone wants to say they "beat" me, they better do it even.

Last edited:

Coyote501

Now 7-2. Had the most crazy 3 ball runout you ever seen. Razor thin rail shot in the corner, then......Finished with a kick shot cut on the 8 ball in the side. Absolutely nuts.

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Trying to break through a bad slump. I had my first 0-5 ever in BCA against opponents I usually do well against.. I lost my confidence and haven't been practicing partially due to some sad family events in the late summer/early fall. Starting to pull out slowly. It happens, but this is the worst I played in many years. Hopeful things are changing.

Coyote501

Trying to break through a bad slump. I had my first 0-5 ever in BCA against opponents I usually do well against.. I lost my confidence and haven't been practicing partially due to some sad family events in the late summer/early fall. Starting to pull out slowly. It happens, but this is the worst I played in many years. Hopeful things are changing.
Confidence is everything. Hope the family issues work themselves out.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I'm doing about the same as usual. Getting old playing league around here people throw a party if they beat you a single game.

22 8.JPG

Coyote501

Shooting outa my mind........... Made another match winning shot to put my team in the playoffs. Opponent made a great safety, had the 8 ball pinned with 3 of his balls. I kick shot the eight ball for the win. Had to thread a needle, and pulled it off. I am stunned at how everything is just clicking right now.

dquarasr

Registered
Last week down 2-0 in a 8 4-4 race. Won hill-hill. Last week up 25-12 in a 9 38-31 race. Eeked out a win BY ONE BALL 38-30.

Last night only played 9 in a 38-46 race. Both of us shot terribly. Final rack we both need only one ball. I break dry, leave a makable but no gimme cut on the 1. I LOST BY ONE BALL.

So, spring session I’ve played three matches, all stupidly close.

Could not understand why my game, so great for a month in the fall session, fell apart somewhat. I may have figured it out, at least I hope so. I thought back to what I had focused on when I was shooting very well. I think elbow drop crept back into my game. I just shot a few racks, and I was surprising myself making shots I struggled with recently, all by simply ensuring I keep my elbow quiet. That might be one of the keys to my game. Hope so!!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
So last night was interesting, and fun. Our teams have never been ones to throw off, rather try and match up as closely as possible. This is no indictment on those who choose to play that way, its just not how we do it, certainly during session. I'm particularly sensitive to higher level players getting stuck playing a 2 or a 3. I'm glad to have them playing in our league, for all of us to learn from. Most that I know prefer to have a challenging match, rather than spending their time beating up on a beginner. (Playoffs are another thing, and everyone understands that.)

So back to last night. Our opposing team is in first place, by a large margin. Last night was the last week of our session. They decided to throw off some, to mix things up I guess. We were fighting for 3rd place, so the match was important to us.

They throw their 5 vs our 7. And their 5 wins. We throw a 3, they throw their 7. Our guy actually pulled it off. They throw a 4, we match. They win by a lot. They now have a 3 and a 2 left. We have a 5, 4s and another 3. They throw their 3, my captain talks it over with everyone. We need a big comeback, and I'd be giving up 38-25. I tell them I'm ready. (I'm the 5)

I end up winning 18-2. I played as well as i have in weeks. I never want to beat up on a beginning player, but they started it. ;)

I know it's not a big deal to many hear, but I even ran a complete rack, something I haven't done in a while. Really felt good.

We ended up completing our comeback (our 3 beat their 2) and won the night 53-47, and managed to hold onto 3rd place for the session, making the playoffs. Fun night.

Rusty in Montana

Our local seniors pool league held their annual January blind draw 8 ball tournament , long story short my partner and I went undefeated from start to finish even if at times it was 3 against 1 even my partner admitted that ha ha
There's another 8 ball tournament next weekend it also is partners hopefully my friend and I can do well !

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone care to explain what "Rnd w" means?
Is it a percentage? Also ERO+ everyone is zeros. What's that mean?

This is compusports btw.

I just checked my stats for the first time this year...I should step it up and start caring about my games a little more. Lots of good solid shooters in the league. I should finish near the top Or tops...if I get amped up about it.
15pt system throws me off I tend to shoot very agressive going for big points and it its cost me probably 4 of my 7 losses. The other ones I was table ran against. Wich I love seeing. I like when players shoot a great game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_090758_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_090758_Chrome.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 51

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I joined another apa league because I dunno fkn dumb,
Supposed to play on diamonds, it's a valley. Lose to a shit 5 that doesn't look past one ball a time.
I gave him a few games cue ball scratches, he's on the hill breaks and runs letting the cue ball loose stupid cut shot monster pockets but his cb doesn't come close to scratching.

Why the fk did I even do that,

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Won my one pocket league match against someone that I hadn't previously won a single game on.
Beat my 650 sparring partner playing even 14.1 to 100 for the first time
Ran 28 today, all with my own house cue, playing better pool now than ever, always improving

Fkn league just drives me nuts though

Rusty in Montana

My main complaint is having to play on valley tables that are what we have to play on , dead spots on the rails and level issues with little or no maintenance preformed on them .
Yes I know this problem is the tables owner and the bar owners to deal with.

I've offered to run a small vacuum over them which fell on deaf ears it's so fun to finish playing a game and I look at my bridge hand and it appears that I bitch slapped a smurf ha ha

Yes I know I need to buy lottery tickets and win it so I can buy a 4 1/2 x 9' gold crown or better yet open my own pool hall !
Rant over thanks for allowing me to vent ha ha

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valleys aren't loose
The side pockets don't give you shit
And alot of places that are serious have Ridgeback rails at less than 4.5 wide pockets and simonis cloth. Play way tougher than a stock diamond with there 5 gallon bucket side pockets.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Valleys aren't loose
The side pockets don't give you shit
And alot of places that are serious have Ridgeback rails at less than 4.5 wide pockets and simonis cloth. Play way tougher than a stock diamond with there 5 gallon bucket side pockets.
these new ones with square corners, pockets are huge, must be a "league" edition