How do i get out of this slump!?!

The biggest reason for a slump is unrealistic view of playing skills.

Your thinking you should play better than you should rather that just accepting your current skills set and design a proper practice plan to strengthen your weaknesses.

You can not but your development on a schedule either. It takes time and lots of it and you must be willing to accept this fact and let go of the idea improving in time for the next tourney.

And if this a handicap tourney, this is one reason you have a false sense of how well you play. One must play straight up matches to truly get a idea of their skill level.

Matches are really about how well you practice. Do bad in matches means your practice sucks. You better look at what is lacking in your practice.

No amount of instruction will help if you are not willing to practice and practice with a proper plan for your current skill level in order to keep your skills sharp and growing.
 
Hey guys im new to AZ but i really want to ask some of you guys that have been in the game for many years. Im 27 and have been playing for 6 years. I've had my ups and downs but for some reason more now then ever have i been messing up. Players that have no business beating me are slipping though my hands. I'm not making money in the weekly tournaments. Im hooking myself by the smallest pease of a ball! I'm just not loving the game as much as i should. Help me out guys. Should I take a break ? Should i play through it? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thx

Practice Allen Hopkins' game and track your results.

Jeff Livingston
 
Relax, quit worrying about it, and just play pool.
Your only problem is that you have plateaued. In time you will play yourself off that plateau and all will be right as rain.
All of the very best players I've ever know have had no time with an "instructor". They learned from watching, asking, and doing. Lot's of doing. :)

Tramp Steamer you've hit the nail on the head! Every time I slump it's a plateau and I come back a level better. Take some time off or work through it. In time you improve if you really want to. Play better players. Watch and absorb.
 
How has one "of made" a post?

I don't get it.

Jeff Livingston

What is wrong witchew, boy? You don't talk no American?

Ya think yaso fancy, what with yer 'would have made'? Well lota us folksay 'woulda made'.
pitchfork-photo.jpg
 
Last edited:
People will give you all sorts of answers, but the real solution is getting your set up & delivery process checked out by a qualified instructor. You have the best in the country in your backyard. Go see Randy Goettlicher in Dallas. He posts here as randyg.



Scott Lee

http://poolknowledge..com


Randy is awesome! You will have your issues dealt with if it is in your preshot routine


* wish I had started this crap earlier *
 
I always looked forward to being in a slump because I came out of it better.

I don't know anything about your practice routine, but I would scale it back in time, but ramp up your intensity, and then always, and I mean always finish your practice session on a positive note, even if it only the most basic thing.

You need to get your conscious mind back into feeling good about your game again.

Hey guys im new to AZ but i really want to ask some of you guys that have been in the game for many years. Im 27 and have been playing for 6 years. I've had my ups and downs but for some reason more now then ever have i been messing up. Players that have no business beating me are slipping though my hands. I'm not making money in the weekly tournaments. Im hooking myself by the smallest pease of a ball! I'm just not loving the game as much as i should. Help me out guys. Should I take a break ? Should i play through it? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thx
 
Back
Top