How do you deal with your SHORT COMING on the Pool Table

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I know we have all done it one, maybe twice. You got to play a Tournament, and really PLAY for CRAP, leaving your Game in the Car. Everything is going wonderful, and than you F**k up, and get out of rhythm, mis an easy short or just plane get of of your ZONE. How to you deal with your self when you S***W UP?

Do you Cuss to yourself under your breath

To you say the Lords NAME LOUD

Do you throw a FIT

Or what is it you do to get past the moment that makes you sit down and watch your opponent Shoot, when you should have been RUNNING OUT?
 
I played a bar table tourney the other night with 32 players and came in 4th but felt that I could win it and so did the TD and my buddy.I was on the hill and the guy had donut and I made some errors and when it was hill-hill I missed a bank on the 8 when my back stroke hit a nearby drink table that was too close,it was the only band I missed that night and the most important.Was I sore about it and seething?,why yes I was because I had the guy and felt I was playing good but sometimes its just not meant to be.So I might be twisting and turning for the night but the next day is a new day and I know I will be back there again sometime to take it down. :)
 
Raise my eyebrows slightly...immediately try to determine why I let the dog out..remember all the world champions I've seen miss similar shots and re-dedicate myself to making a TOTAL commitment to EVERY shot.

What GRINDS me...although it shouldn't, is the other guy taking a stupid reckless shot...missing and leaving me hooked.

I lost (small) to a guy just the other night who gunned at the cheese...not even a difficult combo...just a hit-it-hard-and-pray shot and made it...ON THE HILL...TWICE!!!!

(-:

Jim
 
If I'm not hitting them, I shift to a defensive game until I:
Find my stroke, or get ball in hand to get started and build my confidence back that I belong there and the other guy should be going home early.

Banger
 
How do I deal with my SHORT COMING on the Pool Table? Zip up my fly!!! :D
 
Last edited:
If you have room for an extra stick in your case carry some piece of crap cue in there. When you dog an easy shot and need to blow off some steam take the crappy stick and reduce it to firewood. Snap it, punch it, swing it, stab it, stomp it, or just a good old fashioned crunch across the knee. Just don't hit your opponent in the head with it, lol.
 
Back
Top