How do you respond to rep?

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Something I've always wondered...

When someone sends you green rep, how do you respond? I'd say the majority of the reps I receive are sincere and include a nice note of some kind, and I usually feel compelled to respond, but I can't decide if that's weird and/or unnecessary or not. Sometimes I respond with a PM, sometimes not at all.

If you've repped me recently and I haven't responded, assume it's because I'm awkward, not because I didn't appreciate it!

I rarely send rep back as a response since I only use it for thoughtful posts, not for the heck of it.

Thoughts?

-J

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Dave Nelson said:
I don't even know how to find my rep or if I have one.

Dave Nelson

Dave, go to the top left corner of this screen and click "User CP" and you'll see some little green boxes with notes from the people who have given them to you.

-J

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
If it was green, send a red to ensure balance in the universe. And vice versa :D

Seriously, no response is necessary. It's just a dot. If you wish to pursue an accompanying comment in conversation, send a PM.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Where In The Hell Did I Leave My TEETH ?

Black-Balled said:
I usually send a hooker.

Yes, and I usually just pay them and then spend the rest of the day trying to remember what I what supposed to do with them.

Doug
(do I have my shoes on and do my socks match)

*Edited to add: I also need a sticker on me that reads, "This Side Up".

Last edited:

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
I'll rep back sometimes, especially if the comment with the rep was insightful, or the 'repper' posted in the same thread with something good.

Usually, I'll do nothing though.

-s

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James said:
Dave, go to the top left corner of this screen and click "User CP" and you'll see some little green boxes with notes from the people who have given them to you.

-J

I very seldom think of checking the reps. I just did and was surprised as to the amount that I have. It shows the last 5 reps. Is there any way of checking farther back to see what good and bad reps have been given to you or must they be checked constantly?

Dick

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
While we are on the topic of rep dots .... :)

I'm confused somewhat by the rep dots. They seem to be two different shades of green kind of designating them as Xs (times) ten or something, but if that were the case folks with tons of posts would have different configurations of dots.

Instead, it seems it gets to a point and thats the end. They all look alike, If that is so, what's the point of different color greens.

sde

Silver Member
3andstop said:
While we are on the topic of rep dots .... :)

I'm confused somewhat by the rep dots. They seem to be two different shades of green kind of designating them as Xs (times) ten or something, but if that were the case folks with tons of posts would have different configurations of dots.

Instead, it seems it gets to a point and thats the end. They all look alike, If that is so, what's the point of different color greens.
Just makes them easier to count, I guess.

Steve

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
????????????

I usually put them on my rep list an try to get back to them, unless I have an arrow in my quiver with their name on it!!!!!!!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well dammmmn! Judging from all the greenies you peeps gave me for the hooker comment, either:
1) You are a bunch of horny bastiges
2) I hit upon a funny
3) You are a highly gullable lot.
4) I have dug a big hole of owesies
5) That whore is gonna be tired!

sde

Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
Well dammmmn! Judging from all the greenies you peeps gave me for the hooker comment, either:
1) You are a bunch of horny bastiges
2) I hit upon a funny
3) You are a highly gullable lot.
4) I have dug a big hole of owesies
5) That whore is gonna be tired!

LOL, but sorry the system will not allow me to rep you this soon.

Steve

ps
I like the part about the owesies. :happydance: :smilewinkgrin: