How do you view the term 'Banger'?

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
To me, a 'Banger' is someone who plays pool, but isn't a pool player. Similar to a person who goes out and plays a round of gold, but isn't a golfer. My Brother-in-law, is one of those.
It's easy to spot a 'Banger'. They're the ones who will take a monkey of balls to a table, invert it, and drop the balls from a height of about a foot and a half. It kind of makes the announcement that a dumb ass has just arrived. :smile:

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's easy to spot a 'Banger'. They're the ones who will take a monkey of balls to a table, invert it, and drop the balls from a height of about a foot and a half. It kind of makes the announcement that a dumb ass has just arrived. :smile:

:rotflmao1: NAILED IT !!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really need it explained? Everyone in every poolroom knows what it means. I'll tell you this, without them, poolrooms die. Bangers pay a lot of bills for room owners.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a player who doesn't play for money

his delight is just hitting balls into pocket,banging them around and going home having had a fun time

ie when you ask the question Are there any money players at this room"

If not,"no,just a bunch of bangers"

Or if you see me and ask"You wanna bet some big money"'
I might reply ",these days I am just a banger,but thanks for the offer"

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
a player who doesn't play for money

his delight is just hitting balls into pocket,banging them around and going home having had a fun time

ie when you ask the question Are there any money players at this room"

If not,"no,just a bunch of bangers"

Or if you see me and ask"You wanna bet some big money"'
I might reply ",these days I am just a banger,but thanks for the offer"

Yep.. You got it...Been there done that.

Skins ------------- a banger os sorts

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are serious about the name of a Billiard room or product

I once did an informal study of business names in my arrea

the conclusion I came to,was Cute names don't sell

the businesses that succeeded were ones that identified the nature of the business

It seemed that it was better to not over estimate the clientele,you never go broke underestimating your customer

Specifically the name Bangers has a negative connotation as well

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
If you are serious about the name of a Billiard room or product

I once did an informal study of business names in my arrea

the conclusion I came to,was Cute names don't sell

the businesses that succeeded were ones that identified the nature of the business

It seemed that it was better to not over estimate the clientele,you never go broke underestimating your customer

Specifically the name Bangers has a negative connotation as well

Good points - thanks for weighing in,

b

objekt404

Registered
I do not think that most league players do drills or care about getting better. They do it purely as a social gathering (that is all).

My team is mostly social, but before & after matches there are those of us who drill. Not much for $, more for shots of whiskey, etc. Guess it is just my mindset that I am interested more in the game (like chess) than how much cash is down to make me better.

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm probably just a banger even though I will play for money every now and then.

Big money,?no but I do play for up to 50 or more at times. I perceive the word

as derogatory and I probably wouldn't go in there but there are certain people that

would go in just hoping to find a banger/ what most people think of as suckers.

I guess really unless you play for huge cash or pro speed,ur probably a banger in most

people's eyes. JMO

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
6eb5758d4561f1c7a6920eb7526f5f82.jpg

Marbles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I consider a banger a person that enjoys playing the game but isn't obsessed with winning, they just play, if they win or lose it doesn't really matter to them one way or another. They are not too concerned whether they play the correct shot or not.

Let me be the 1st to sign up for a ...just a banger shirt. Black. Size medium please .:grin-square:

I think you could probably have one made, maybe at one of those tee shirt shops, that custom make tee shirts with any writing or logo that you want on it.

Did you mean its only funny if you use it in a comedic way???

Would not bother me to wear a shirt that implied Im a banger.

Yeah, I guess after thinking about it, most players would not care if they were called a banger. It would just get them more action I imagine. And on the other hand, it would look comedic on a tee shirt or maybe a hat I think.

Really need it explained? Everyone in every poolroom knows what it means. I'll tell you this, without them, poolrooms die. Bangers pay a lot of bills for room owners.

Yeah, I agree. The pool world needs bangers to survive. The bangers keep the pool halls in business.

My team is mostly social, but before & after matches there are those of us who drill. Not much for $, more for shots of whiskey, etc. Guess it is just my mindset that I am interested more in the game (like chess) than how much cash is down to make me better.

I only said what I said, because in my experience, league players rarely advance in skill level, unless they were already a pretty good player when they started. I think that most league players remain at a certain skill level for as long as they play in a league. Most are not serious enough about the game to care about getting any better.

I'm probably just a banger even though I will play for money every now and then.

Big money,?no but I do play for up to 50 or more at times. I perceive the word

as derogatory and I probably wouldn't go in there but there are certain people that

would go in just hoping to find a banger/ what most people think of as suckers.

I guess really unless you play for huge cash or pro speed,ur probably a banger in most

people's eyes. JMO

Just because you gamble at pool, that does not mean that you are not a banger. I am not saying that you are a banger, but I just think that anyone that is really not a student of the game, and really cares to work hard to improve their game (by practicing drills), and who just likes to shoot pool for the fun of it, is just a banger (in my eyes). Gambling does not exempt them from being a banger. Any banger can bet money on a pool game or match. That is just my opinion.