How long has Saluc manufactured Brunswick Centennial Balls?

sivazh

Registered
Does anyone know? After many years of wanting to get my hands on a good set of Brunswick Centennials, I finally did off eBay.

However, I didn't buy a new set. I got a set that must be at least 20 years old, but they are in EXCELLENT shape, almost brand new by appearance.

I am sure they are phenolic resin.

They came in a white box with blue writing, and the Brunswick Gold Crown, Centennial Pocket Balls logo on it. No indication of date, but they are yellowed a little.

Anyway, were these made by Saluc too? Were they making the Centennials back then, or is this something new and these were actually made by Brunswick or some other company?

Anyone know anything about the history of Centennials really? Just curious.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Does anyone know? After many years of wanting to get my hands on a good set of Brunswick Centennials, I finally did off eBay.

However, I didn't buy a new set. I got a set that must be at least 20 years old, but they are in EXCELLENT shape, almost brand new by appearance.

They came in a white box with blue writing, and the Brunswick Gold Crown, Centennial Pocket Balls logo on it. No indication of date, but they are yellowed a little.

Anyway, were these made by Saluc too? Were they making the Centennials back then, or is this something new and these were actually made by Brunswick or some other company?

I suggest going to the brunswick website and submit a question there. I did so recently and also with questikons about the Centennial set that I aquired recently. They were quick to respond and very informative too.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I suggest going to the brunswick website and submit a question there. I did so recently and also with questikons about the Centennial set that I aquired recently. They were quick to respond and very informative too.

What another Indians fan in NC?
I thought I was about the only one ;)

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I grew up in Cleveland and follow the sporting scene closely. Man, they blew another game last nite.

So did I
I moved here 14 years ago. The Indians are losing close ones, but no other teams are really dominating either so there is still hope

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I'm heading up to Raleigh in the morning to teach a 2 day pool school. Will be at Babineau's in Cary, with a trip planned at some point over to see Robert Ray's new room. If you get a chance, stop by and introduce yourself. Always like to meet fellow AZr's.

Steve

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I'm heading up to Raleigh in the morning to teach a 2 day pool school. Will be at Babineau's in Cary, with a trip planned at some point over to see Robert Ray's new room. If you get a chance, stop by and introduce yourself. Always like to meet fellow AZr's.

Steve

I'd love to go, but won't have time to make that long of a drive. I will be at Paradise Billiards on Saturday though.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member

From Tom Simpson on RSB newsgroup years ago..... 1981 is the answer you are looking for.

"You must have spoken with my buddy Bob Simpson (no relation)
of Hyatt Ball. I called him today to look into this matter.
He made the Centennials until 1981, when Saluc "stole the
contract by taking a big loss on it." He assures me that yes
indeed, when Hyatt made them, the Blue Circles and the Red
Circles were identical. The only difference was the Blue
Circles were held to a tighter tolerance (+/- .001).
"

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member

Steve

Will you be in Cary on Friday or Saturday or both :grin:

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Will you be in Cary on Friday or Saturday or both :grin:

I will be getting there to start class around noon on Friday, killing a little time Fri night and Sat morning, then teaching again Saturday afternoon. Will probably head out Saturday night to get back to Charlotte.
Steve