If you're not ready to lose, you're not ready to gamble. If you think you're owed something because you lost, you're the nit.
pj
chgo
pj
chgo
Patrick Johnson said:If you're not ready to lose, you're not ready to gamble. If you think you're owed something because you lost, you're the nit.
pj
chgo
Which makes you the guy that I cannot stand to play.... Regardless, if I win playing you, I still lose.....pletho said:So in my opinion pulling up winner makes you a NIT...
MikeJanis said:You cant quit until the other guy is broke and shoots the famous Air-Barrel !
Southpaw said:Why would anyone want to quit a game they have the best of anyway?
I think this is true dang near everywhere you go. So I play for a certain amount of time nowadays.Johnnyt said:Long, long sets just comes down to who has the better pills and how to take them. Johnnyt
Beware_of_Dawg said:having a life for starters.
a wife. a job. a newborn.
Southpaw said:If I like the game and Im winning....I will play until he quits or hes broke. Why would anyone want to quit a game they have the best of anyway?
Southpaw
ShootingArts said:As mentioned, many of us have lives outside the pool room. Also, I'm usually not just there to rob pilgrims. I'll bail if there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of the other person coming back and they won't quit unless they are known to me as action players that are used to taking their lumps and winning their share too.
Hu
Southpaw said:Then you shouldnt be gambling to start with...keep your priorities in check....
Southpaw
Beware_of_Dawg said:if i'm winning and your crying, my priorities aren't the ones you should be checking.
This is what I get alot. I usually play for a certain amount of sets and when the guy flips for another set past what we agreed on he gets shitty with me. MEH, people are always sore losers and I just take their money and move on.easy-e said:I would bet you're the same kind of guy who would practically beg me to play. I would agree but tell you that I have to leave in three hours. You would be all nice to me and say that's okay because you "just want to do something". When my three hour mark comes up and I tell you I have to go, you start crying about the $50 you just lost and talk s**t to me for quitting winner.
Guys like you are the main reason I couldn't care less if someone calls me a nit.
Southpaw said:So you are saying that if you are in a game and you know your opponent cant win...you will quit for their sake???? Give me a break. As soon as they fail to pay off at then end of a set, then its over. JMO.
Southpaw
ShootingArts said:There was a time period or two I gambled for a living and shooting fish in a barrel was part of it. I really didn't enjoy pool that much in those days but times were hard and I had bills to pay and mouths to feed. On the other hand the most fun I ever had playing pool was in a long battle with a top road player. It was a very tough grind. In the end I edged him by a little playing on my home ground. Had we been on neutral ground or his home ground the results would almost certainly have been different.
Many of us don't play pool primarily to make a buck. I'm not a gambler. I went to Reno and didn't gamble a nickel. I loved horse racing and often bet when I was at the track but I have never bet a nickel in an off track parlor either. Cards aren't my thing. Wagering on my skills is a different matter.
I don't bet with friends and as I mentioned, I don't rob pilgrims. My personal choices. Everyone has to make their own and I don't try to impose my values on others. You can't and won't impose yours on me.
Hu
fan-tum said:It's not cool to quit "winners", but where's that fine point where he says" I've given you plenty of chances,etc.?